Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 39   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Pompeii v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 28716 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I知 A Scientist.

« Reply #45 on: Tuesday, February 9, 2021, 11:53:15 »

Defeat, either 3 or 4-1.
Fuck off! we won't score a goal! Cheesy

Haven't cared less about a game for a long long time.
Shrewsbury on Saturday for me, I am at the same low level of shit giving today.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Tuesday, February 9, 2021, 11:59:34 »

Fuck off! we won't score a goal! Cheesy

Its purely the Pork Pie Pele factor. Surely he'll nick one of his arse or something. But yes, scoring is looking a futile prospect currently!!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #47 on: Tuesday, February 9, 2021, 12:09:11 »

Its purely the Pork Pie Pele factor. Surely he'll nick one of his arse or something. But yes, scoring is looking a futile prospect currently!!
TBH I would settle for it finishing as a 1-0 defeat now, keep the goal difference down, I just can't see where we are going to score, our free kicks are woeful, our corners are terrible and we can't score from open play.

A bad state for us to be in.

Sheridan has taken a side that can score goals but always conceded usually from a defensive or goalkeeping error into a side that still concedes but not through errors as such often just from inviting pressure to be put on them and no longer have the ability to threaten the opponents goal even on the break.

Our tactics are hot potato football, get rid of it as quick as you can with the longest hardest kick you can do in the forlorn hope that one of the strikers makes a contact with the ball or that the oppositions defence make a slip up letting us in.

It is like the very worse football in any league you can imagine, I thought Flitcroft was bad but at least he had the players trained in a way that everyone knew his role and he brought in players to fit that system.

Sheridan has done neither.

No tactics, no direction, no impetus, no thought and no leaders on the pitch that want to give even 75% of what they have got.

Sad times.

Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Tuesday, February 9, 2021, 12:17:32 »

TBH I would settle for it finishing as a 1-0 defeat now, keep the goal difference down, I just can't see where we are going to score, our free kicks are woeful, our corners are terrible and we can't score from open play.

A bad state for us to be in.

Sheridan has taken a side that can score goals but always conceded usually from a defensive or goalkeeping error into a side that still concedes but not through errors as such often just from inviting pressure to be put on them and no longer have the ability to threaten the opponents goal even on the break.

Our tactics are hot potato football, get rid of it as quick as you can with the longest hardest kick you can do in the forlorn hope that one of the strikers makes a contact with the ball or that the oppositions defence make a slip up letting us in.

It is like the very worse football in any league you can imagine, I thought Flitcroft was bad but at least he had the players trained in a way that everyone knew his role and he brought in players to fit that system.

Sheridan has done neither.

No tactics, no direction, no impetus, no thought and no leaders on the pitch that want to give even 75% of what they have got.

Sad times.

Completely agree.

If you take the other STFC on Saturday for example, they weren't brilliant by any stretch of the imagination but it was obvious they had a gameplan and could play a bit of passing football, or if it went long, it generally went towards Curtis Main who was good enough and strong enough to hold up the ball and bring others into play. When we go long, its just aimless punts into the final third, hoping something will happen. Why not at least get it in the general direction of your target man rather than just lolloping the bloody thing away from our goal as long and hard as possible?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Tuesday, February 9, 2021, 12:19:27 »

No pain or bad moods for me tonight as expecting us to lose.
I guess after that shambolic performance on Saturday I have geared my mind to relegation thus have basically come to terms with everything at STFC right now.
I am adamant that this will no longer fuck up my weekends, such has become of this current shit show from the bottom to the top.
The Supporters are the only thing that has helped me lift the gloom so I thank you all.
Just a case of sitting it out and waiting to see what unfolds. I am expecting it to get progressively worse before it gets any better.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #50 on: Tuesday, February 9, 2021, 12:23:39 »

If you take the other STFC on Saturday for example, they weren't brilliant by any stretch of the imagination but it was obvious they had a gameplan and could play a bit of passing football, or if it went long, it generally went towards Curtis Main who was good enough and strong enough to hold up the ball and bring others into play. When we go long, its just aimless punts into the final third, hoping something will happen. Why not at least get it in the general direction of your target man rather than just lolloping the bloody thing away from our goal as long and hard as possible?
100% agree mate.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #51 on: Tuesday, February 9, 2021, 12:31:34 »

I guess after that shambolic performance on Saturday I have geared my mind to relegation thus have basically come to terms with everything at STFC right now.
I am adamant that this will no longer fuck up my weekends, such has become of this current shit show from the bottom to the top.
The Supporters are the only thing that has helped me lift the gloom so I thank you all.
Just a case of sitting it out and waiting to see what unfolds. I am expecting it to get progressively worse before it gets any better.
Absolutely this, not going into games even thinking a win is possible but still hoping to grab a draw with a backs to the wall performance, always glad to be proved wrong.

As you rightly state I fear things will get worse before it gets better, on and off the pitch.

THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Tuesday, February 9, 2021, 12:49:05 »

This is me.

Silver linings so far:

- Beat the Pox (more by luck than judgement but who cares?)
- Twines goal
- In League 1...thus a league to drop into.

Other than that, all shit.

Clems Army!
Peter Venkman

« Reply #53 on: Tuesday, February 9, 2021, 13:12:18 »

Sneak preview of Sheridan tactics tonight.

4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Tuesday, February 9, 2021, 13:24:58 »

After we've gone 2 down  Smiley
Flashheart

« Reply #55 on: Tuesday, February 9, 2021, 13:32:39 »

Sneak preview of Sheridan tactics tonight.

I'd take that if I were confident it'd help us keep a clean sheet.

But I'm not.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #56 on: Tuesday, February 9, 2021, 13:35:56 »

I'd take that if I were confident it'd help us keep a clean sheet.

But I'm not.
My concern is that we park the bus and still concede 3 or more.

Panda Paws

« Reply #57 on: Tuesday, February 9, 2021, 13:49:59 »

These are the games Sheridan likes. Narrow defeat, zero shots on target, claims some credit.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Tuesday, February 9, 2021, 13:58:54 »

This is me.

Silver linings so far:

- Beat the Pox (more by luck than judgement but who cares?)
- Twines goal
- In League 1...thus a league to drop into.

Other than that, all shit.

I like this simple and effective.
I voted you my motm Saturday and you are already in with another shout tonight.
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Tuesday, February 9, 2021, 14:01:20 »

After we've gone 2 down  Smiley

And brought on a certain defender for a striker

I come from a land down-under
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 39   Go Up
Print
Jump to: