Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 [36] 37 38   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Shrewsbury pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 20048 times)
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #525 on: Saturday, February 6, 2021, 19:26:41 »

And trust me, Hawes is certainly biting his tongue in regard to questioning also.
Hopefully he will grow a pair before the season is out!

Correct me if I’m wrong, but there are contractual obligations re. BBC so the club can’t refuse to conduct pre/post match interviews with them?
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #526 on: Saturday, February 6, 2021, 19:28:23 »

Hawes and Hartley obviously cannot directly ask the most difficult question as Power has been known to "not play well with others" when it comes to the press.

Yeah definitely JJ. Of course there are ways to skin the cat differently. I think Hawes is achieving this by asking via the players. I genuinely think he is asking more "confident" and "pressing" questions to a limit and the right ones too Smiley

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
jimbob

Ignore
« Reply #527 on: Saturday, February 6, 2021, 19:36:17 »

I genuinely think hawes is scared of Sheridan. He knows he is a cunt and isn’t up to the job but doesn’t want to say doesn’t he feel like his time is up. He has looked in the whites of Sheridans eyes. Sheridan knows the truth-he has no pride by not walking away.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #528 on: Saturday, February 6, 2021, 19:43:47 »

Hopefully he will grow a pair before the season is out!

Correct me if I’m wrong, but there are contractual obligations re. BBC so the club can’t refuse to conduct pre/post match interviews with them?

Even if that’s correct, he can bar Hawes and Hartley from the CG thus forcing the BBC so send another sop. I doubt H & H would want to be barred and neither would we surely?
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #529 on: Saturday, February 6, 2021, 19:45:22 »

I would imagine certain questions could be sensored by the press/media officer to save arguments etc

So, give no fucks
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #530 on: Saturday, February 6, 2021, 19:48:36 »

Power and Sheridan belong to each other.
Had enough and this is not going to get any better until both are out of our club.

That today was in my opinion the worse of the worse on every account.
Any club except our shambles manager would be sacked at the whistle.
Starting to fall out of love with this and seriously considering not going beck until Power fucks off for good.
Taking this club down to new lows.
I am rapidly falling out of love for our club now, that was awful.  Totally agree with the Duke
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #531 on: Saturday, February 6, 2021, 19:50:30 »

I am rapidly falling out of love for our club now, that was awful.  Totally agree with the Duke

Things must be at an all time low as Ive never known Duke express his feelings like this

So, give no fucks
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #532 on: Saturday, February 6, 2021, 19:52:40 »

There are professional protocols to respect. How do you think John Murray or Juliet Ferrington would have dealt with that differently? Hawes pressed, then gave Sheridan enough rope. You get far more from people by remaining civil than by creating a conflict. (/ruleforlife).

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #533 on: Saturday, February 6, 2021, 19:57:28 »

Power and Sheridan will depart eventually. Unfortunately, it's a case of how much damage is caused before that day.
Flashheart

« Reply #534 on: Saturday, February 6, 2021, 20:19:35 »

I am rapidly falling out of love for our club now

I'm not.

Today was atrocious but I don't feel it, or this season, reflects the club overall. It's just a blemish on the club's long (and quite illustrious) history. I'm frustrated, annoyed, angry, upset, perplexed, and all the other adjectives that fit, but it doesn't change my feeling for STFC overall. It's like having a row with the misses. I get angry with her at times, fucking furious even, but it doesn't mean I love her any less.

This phase will pass and we will, hopefully, move on to a better phase relatively soon. Getting relegated again, which is looking likely if we don't change the manager, will be gutting. But playing in the 4th tier didn't cause me to lose my love for the club last season or any other season we were there. I will be following pre-season and our signings just as eagerly as I would be if we were in the Premiership. Last season, in the bottom tier, reminded me that it can be great to be an STFC fan.

STFC is just the same loveable (sometimes infuriating) STFC it always has been, and always will be. She's just going through a bad patch and she gets my support while she's going through it.

And it's going to be A LOT of fun when she gets better again.
river monster

Ignore
« Reply #535 on: Saturday, February 6, 2021, 20:25:58 »

I'm not.

Today was atrocious but I don't feel it, or this season, reflects the club overall. It's just a blemish on the club's long (and quite illustrious) history. I'm frustrated, annoyed, angry, upset, perplexed, and all the other adjectives that fit, but it doesn't change my feeling for STFC overall. It's like having a row with the misses. I get angry with her at times, fucking furious even, but it doesn't mean I love her any less.

This phase will pass and we will, hopefully, move on to a better phase relatively soon. Getting relegated again, which is looking likely if we don't change the manager, will be gutting. But playing in the 4th tier didn't cause me to lose my love for the club last season or any other season we were there. I will be following pre-season and our signings just as eagerly as I would be if we were in the Premiership. Last season, in the bottom tier, reminded me that it can be great to be an STFC fan.

STFC is just the same loveable (sometimes infuriating) STFC it always has been, and always will be. She's just going through a bad patch and she gets my support while she's going through it.

Couldn't have put it better myself.

kirky69

Ignore
« Reply #536 on: Saturday, February 6, 2021, 20:26:58 »

The saddest thing for me was that after watching the first 10 minutes a defeat felt completely inevitable. Shrewsbury seemed to be playing to a plan that they believed in i.e pass to their own players and expose our weakness down the sides of our defence. Our plan seemed to be dont concede or spend any time on the ball, just get it forwards as quickly as possible, which was completely ineffective as Shrewsbury had more physically imposing players, both in defence and attack.

Again Sheridan seems unable to pick the right formation for the opposition he faces or motivate the players he picks. We were clearly being over run in midfield with our 2 small technically minded players - Lyden and Palmer - unable to get time on the ball, so he should have changed formation in the first half, by bringing on Missilou to add some bite to midfield and take Hope off, as he was not in the game at all. It was crying out for 3 in midfield.

His post match interview was a disgrace. How can he say that Shrewsbury weren't the better team. They were, when they needed to be, by a country mile.  He also said Travers had nothing to do! Travers made 2 saves with his legs to keep the score from being 0-3.

Thompsons interview was far more accurate and telling. He said he really enjoyed his 1st game at Ipswich, because he played with freedom and was able to express himself. Since then he has listened to his manager and he no longer looks like the same player. Similar with Twine.

The annoying thing is that we have some decent players, they just dont have any confidence or belief in what they are being asked to do. That is the managers fault 100%.

We will get relegated of that I am now sure. Just hoping we start in League 2 with new owners and a new manager, as without both of these things happening, I would expect Season Tickets to be at 1k max and facing a relegation battle for the 2nd consecutive season, as there wont be any money to invest in a decent league 2 squad. God the last 12 months have been complete shite.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #537 on: Saturday, February 6, 2021, 20:27:28 »

I'm not.

Great summary and let's hope that it's right and that we don't become the next big non league team or even worse go out of business and have to reform

So, give no fucks
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #538 on: Saturday, February 6, 2021, 20:34:55 »

There are professional protocols to respect. How do you think John Murray or Juliet Ferrington would have dealt with that differently? Hawes pressed, then gave Sheridan enough rope. You get far more from people by remaining civil than by creating a conflict. (/ruleforlife).
Absolutely. It's why Emily Maitlis for example is a much better journalist than Piers Morgan could ever dream of being.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #539 on: Saturday, February 6, 2021, 20:35:21 »

I'm not.

Thank you. Exactly how I feel
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 [36] 37 38   Go Up
Print
Jump to: