Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 ... 38   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Shrewsbury pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 20952 times)
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #465 on: Saturday, February 6, 2021, 17:11:32 »

A dull match between two struggling sides - no surprise the only goal was a superb strike from a player on loan from a higher level.

Curran looked surprisingly competent which bodes well if Materson is out for a while.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #466 on: Saturday, February 6, 2021, 17:11:34 »

@bamboo

Grant didn't make the squad
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #467 on: Saturday, February 6, 2021, 17:13:35 »

As I said, hadn't read back and only seen the last 5mins.

That's a more fair but surely Grant had to come on?
But from now on if Grant and possibly Caddy (reading Hunt Was gash) don't get utilised and Curran does...we know what will likely happen though  Crash

Well I've already personally conceded the season but even if we stay up, there is too much circus berzerkus going on around the club. Town are fucked, in it's current guise.

Grant not on the bench

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #468 on: Saturday, February 6, 2021, 17:14:43 »

A dull match between two struggling sides - no surprise the only goal was a superb strike from a player on loan from a higher level.

Curran looked surprisingly competent which bodes well if Materson is out for a while.

Stop trolling

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Crackity Jones

« Reply #469 on: Saturday, February 6, 2021, 17:15:13 »

You literally could have rung up any 11 league players and told them to get down the CG today, and it wouldn't have looked any less coherent.

I don't see the point in paying a manager to have so little effect on a team. He's stealing a salary right now. Right down there with Hart, Malpas and Beamish.
Agreed. There isn't a point in us having a manager. There are no tactics to speak of so it's an unnecessary expense.
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #470 on: Saturday, February 6, 2021, 17:16:15 »

I’d rather have no-one in charge than Sheridan.
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #471 on: Saturday, February 6, 2021, 17:16:20 »

The first half was one of the most desperate performances I’ve ever seen. It was like they had been instructed not to pass to each other.

The second half was a poor team who didn’t need to attack against a shit one who couldn’t.

Good couple of saves from Travers in the first half
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #472 on: Saturday, February 6, 2021, 17:17:11 »

Power and Sheridan belong to each other.
Had enough and this is not going to get any better until both are out of our club.

That today was in my opinion the worse of the worse on every account.
Any club except our shambles manager would be sacked at the whistle.
Starting to fall out of love with this and seriously considering not going beck until Power fucks off for good.
Taking this club down to new lows.
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #473 on: Saturday, February 6, 2021, 17:17:24 »

Agreed. There isn't a point in us having a manager. There are no tactics to speak of so it's an unnecessary expense.
You beat me to it
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #474 on: Saturday, February 6, 2021, 17:20:35 »

I’d rather have no-one in charge than Sheridan.

We'd probably improve
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #475 on: Saturday, February 6, 2021, 17:24:46 »

Difficult to give ratings for players as everything is about defending! So, those at the back will always get higher marks than the rest.

Travers 6:
Made a couple of good saves with his legs in the first half. Didn't have anything to do in the second. Bit disappointed that he was beaten from so far out for the goal.

Thompson 6:
Defended well, but everything looked a little frantic. Everything went through him in the first half, both attacking and defending. Earned his money. Didn’t have anyone to link up with on the left

Masterson 6:
Was playing well until injured. Thought he coped well with the aerial threat. Partnered Odimayo well

Odimayo 7:
Did his job well. Snuffed everything out that came near him. Partnered well with both Masterson and Curran

Hunt 6:
Inconsistent. Didn’t have too much cover in front of him and left exposed on occasion. When pushing forward he was left to dribble along the line. Tried, but can't expect a jack of all trades to be dominant attacking or defending!

Payne 4:
Defended OK. No threat going forward. No quality. Awful passing. Panicked when he got into the box once.

Lyden 4.5:
Defensively did OK. Looked the best of a poor midfield. Distribution wasn’t brilliant. Made of glass. Injured by a blade of grass!

Palmer 4:
Got stuck in. Couple of crosses were ok, but the rest of his distribution was poor. Panicked when had a chance. Too lightweight. Prefer Missilou or Grant or my Mum in our midfield than him and Payne together.

Garrick 3:
Jesus! Played up front like Kovar played in goal! Tried to look cool and make things look ‘easy’. Didn’t seem to be able to judge where the ball might go. Might be being harsh, but I thought he was poor.

Pitman 6:
Tried hard. Everything lumped to him. Two headed chances. Very unlucky not to score with either of them.

Hope 2:
Defended well in second half. But not going to mark him for that as he is there to attack! He offered nothing going forward. Didn't link with Thompson very well

Subs:
Twine 4.5:
Could of nice touches and link up play. But didn’t influence the game, especially when moved out of the middle.

Curran 6:
I think that was possibly his best game. He played like an old fashioned lower league defended. He snuffed out their centre forward by taking a massive lump out of him and got a yellow. After that, his positioning and decision making defending was just what you would want! Saved a goal on 3 occasions that I counted. His distribution though is inconsistent and pretty poor.

Omotoye 4
Immediately looked better than Garrick. Panicked when he had an opportunity in the box.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #476 on: Saturday, February 6, 2021, 17:24:57 »

Power and Sheridan belong to each other.
Had enough and this is not going to get any better until both are out of our club.

That today was in my opinion the worse of the worse on every account.
Any club except our shambles manager would be sacked at the whistle.
Starting to fall out of love with this and seriously considering not going beck until Power fucks off for good.
Taking this club down to new lows.
I know how you feel but they won’t be around for ever. Shit like this makes the good seasons so much sweeter.

BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #477 on: Saturday, February 6, 2021, 17:25:49 »

@bamboo

Grant didn't make the squad

Grant not on the bench

Cheers fellas. I suppose therein also lies a problem? How he doesn't even get on the bench... it's clear as day he should but we all see what's going on. Yet still for the Jurassic one, the opacity is set to 100%

Shocking really.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #478 on: Saturday, February 6, 2021, 17:27:54 »

What has happened to our pitch? It was almost as embarrassing as the performance today.

The drains are broken and no money being spent on anything.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #479 on: Saturday, February 6, 2021, 17:28:17 »

NMH... Do your thang.

Sheridan currently now blaming the pitch. Still isn't taking any personal responsibility.

How's about, fuck off El Shezza!

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 ... 38   Go Up
Print
Jump to: