Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 38   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Shrewsbury pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 20234 times)
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Friday, February 5, 2021, 13:31:03 »

I'd like to settle down to watch the 6 Nations live all tomorrow afternoon.

Can I avoid the Townend and then watch the game on iplayer in the evening without knowing the score?

If not I guess I'd better record the 6 Nations and watch the real STFC live.

Unsurprising my wife thinks I'm a selfish prick  Wink
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Friday, February 5, 2021, 13:36:01 »

Palmer put a shift in on Tuesday - as did the others. Anything less than that again and we’ll lose.

How any sane person could put Curran ahead of anyone is beyond belief. If his name is in the starting XI we’re doomed - doomed I say!

« Last Edit: Friday, February 5, 2021, 13:37:33 by The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey » Logged
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Friday, February 5, 2021, 14:14:39 »

Need to start putting some results together, I'll take a win however it may come. Still not feeling confident in this side. We put in a shift on Tuesday with 10 men but still didn't play well against a terrible side. I have a feeling a draw is coming
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #18 on: Friday, February 5, 2021, 14:30:53 »

Wait and see, new boy will be on the bench tomorrow and Grant wont be in the squad
He has been eager to drop Grant so this is him covering his steps before he actually does.

The new bloke Garrick will have to replace Omotoye or Tyler if he is going to be on the bench at least with the 5 man loan limit.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Friday, February 5, 2021, 14:32:35 »

He has been eager to drop Grant so this is him covering his steps before he actually does.

The new bloke Garrick will have to replace Omotoye or Tyler if he is going to be on the bench at least with the 5 man loan limit.

There is absolutely no point in Tyler Smith playing given our current approach is more akin to Rugby.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #20 on: Friday, February 5, 2021, 14:34:10 »

Palmer put a shift in on Tuesday - as did the others. Anything less than that again and we’ll lose.
I thought Palmer was really poor on Tuesday TBH, easily our worst player for me.

Weird how we all see games differently at times.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #21 on: Friday, February 5, 2021, 14:34:44 »

There is absolutely no point in Tyler Smith playing given our current approach is more akin to Rugby.
The same could be said about Omotoye too with that same concern.

normy

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Friday, February 5, 2021, 14:40:35 »

I'd be happy with any replacement for Conroy, as long as it ain't Curran.

ust be the oldest
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Friday, February 5, 2021, 14:58:19 »

If we need eight or nine more wins to have a good chance of staying up, tomorrow needs to be one of them.

Unfortunately, I have no faith that the win over Wigan will galvanise the team to another hard-fought win against the Shrews.

STFC 0-2 stfc
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Friday, February 5, 2021, 15:16:14 »

I thought Palmer was really poor on Tuesday TBH, easily our worst player for me.

Weird how we all see games differently at times.

Another player that really doesn't have a proper home in the current team.  It makes the A Grant situation all the more perplexing because he would fit the Flitcroft type team even if he probably prefers the passing sides more.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #25 on: Friday, February 5, 2021, 15:28:02 »

Screwsbury have hit a bit of a resurgence since we played them when they were a really poor team with Ricketts in charge, they reminded me of where we are now with Sheridan in charge.

Since then they have had 4 draws, 2 defeats (Sunderland and Crewe at home on Tuesday) and 5 wins including away wins at Hull, Lincoln & Doncaster and home wins over Blackpool and Peterborough.

Their last 11 league games has finished DDDWWWDWLWL they will be a very different kettle of knobs than in the away game.

Their manager the Wurzel Cotterill is still in hospital so not fit enough to be back in the "driving seat" tomorrow.

https://www.shropshirestar.com/sport/football/shrewsbury-town-fc/2021/02/04/shrewsbury-boss-steve-cotterills-health-improving-in-hospital-as-he-battles-covid-19/

That said the fake STFC are only 4 points above the real STFC in the table albeit with 3 games in hand, yet we are the form team with 1 win in our last game and them having 1 defeats in the last game Smiley

They don't score many but also don't (normally) score many as during the lat 11 games I used for the form they have scored just 12 goals but conceded just 8.

In games between the 2 sides Swindon have won 30 drawn 17 and lost 16 with us scoring 96 times and conceding 80 goals.

We have only lost to them 4 times in the last 28 games with Town winning 17 times.

In games between the sides at the CG we have lost 6 times with us winning 18 of the 32 ties, scoring 54 times and conceding 29.

Shrewsbury have had 1 win at the CG since 1961 a run of 19 matches with us winning 13 of them, 5 ending in a draw.

A 15 game run at the CG of WWWWDWWLWWWWWWD

BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Friday, February 5, 2021, 17:16:56 »

Funny how El Shezza (when defending Currant Boy/Ego Massager) said:

'I don't single out anyone...that's not my style...'

Yet here he is singling out players. Complete cockmunch.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Peter Venkman

« Reply #27 on: Friday, February 5, 2021, 17:57:42 »

Funny how El Shezza (when defending Currant Boy/Ego Massager) said:

'I don't single out anyone...that's not my style...'

Yet here he is singling out players. Complete cockmunch.
Absolute hypocrite that he is, I expect nothing less from the Dinosaurus.

blinkpip
His Infernal Majesty

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Friday, February 5, 2021, 18:01:03 »

We all Know Curran will start. Should be Bauldry.
With the pitch cut up and heavy legged, Grant would be better suited in the middle for sure.

Lets be honest, Sherdian falling out with all the senior pros (leaders) will probably cost us. Just a silly situation and it's frustrating we all see it apart from Power.

(If Power wants to try and win some fans back, then change the manager asap)

ee the trick is only pick on those that can't do you no harm
Like the drummer from Def Leppard's only got one arm

I annoyed Yeovilred 28/01/06
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Friday, February 5, 2021, 19:31:24 »

I’ve never met Anthony Grant, but from what little we can gauge as fans, I’d bet my mortgage that he is not the type of player that reacts well to being frozen out and told to “Work harder”, especially when he has hobbled through the first half of the season. Sheridan is clearly not a man manager. But public criticism of Grant just makes him plane dopey.

The bloke is a fucking idiot and sadly we are stuck with him.
« Last Edit: Friday, February 5, 2021, 19:34:07 by TheDukeOfBanbury » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 38   Go Up
Print
Jump to: