Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 27   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Court Case  (Read 33791 times)
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #360 on: Sunday, February 7, 2021, 12:05:42 »

Isn't that what the court case is all about ?.

It's gets really confusing but it always is with us!

So, give no fucks
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #361 on: Sunday, February 7, 2021, 12:18:04 »

85% or 35% depending on the court case.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #362 on: Sunday, February 7, 2021, 12:30:04 »

85% or 35% depending on the court case.

Cheers Batch that's what I thought but where it gets confusing he dosen't own the whole lot yet he's the untouchable chairman running the show

So, give no fucks
Flashheart

« Reply #363 on: Sunday, February 7, 2021, 12:31:39 »

Cheers Batch that's what I thought but where it gets confusing he dosen't own the whole lot yet he's the untouchable chairman running the show

There's nothing confusing about it. He's the majority shareholder so he gets to make the decisions.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #364 on: Sunday, February 7, 2021, 12:32:28 »

Exactly, controlling interest unless the court decides otherwise
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #365 on: Sunday, February 7, 2021, 12:32:41 »

There's nothing confusing about it. He's the majority shareholder so he gets to make the decisions.

Fair enough

So, give no fucks
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #366 on: Sunday, February 7, 2021, 13:08:47 »

I think that some confusion arises from the fact that although supporters talk of 'my' or 'our' club, we are dealing with private limited companies.  The current legal owner of the majority of the shares in Swinton Reds 20 Limited is LP.

Nothing to see here
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #367 on: Sunday, February 7, 2021, 13:45:09 »

I think that some confusion arises from the fact that although supporters talk of 'my' or 'our' club, we are dealing with private limited companies.  The current legal owner of the majority of the shares in Swinton Reds 20 Limited is LP.

Well put JBZ

So, give no fucks
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #368 on: Sunday, February 7, 2021, 14:21:46 »

perhaps your confusion lies with the inability to separate legal and emotional ownership.

I am pretty sure no fan thinks they own the club, with the possible exception of Football Phil
JBZ

Ignore
« Reply #369 on: Sunday, February 7, 2021, 14:36:25 »

But supporters tend to think that they have some form of 'right' to be involved in decision making and the general affairs of that company.

Nothing to see here
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #370 on: Sunday, February 7, 2021, 14:39:15 »

But supporters tend to think that they have some form of 'right' to be involved in decision making and the general affairs of that company.
Conversely any company that caters to a niche market and a dwindling customer base that doesn't pay close attention to the views of that customer base and possibly even attempt to actually communicate with said customers may find that base dwindles further.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #371 on: Sunday, February 7, 2021, 14:43:25 »

Quote from: JBZ

To some extent, maybe.

I hope and think most realise that they probably won't get it unless the government mandates fan representation on the board.

When the club owner says we are on the brink, I think it's fair enough to request more transparency in the matter. The club will be looking for season ticket money soon after all
JBZ

Ignore
« Reply #372 on: Sunday, February 7, 2021, 15:15:24 »

You can register displeasure and seek to exert some influence by not buying replica shirts/STs and refraining from viewing/attending games. If the  club is already up shit creek I suppose that might be the catalyst for some form of change. 

Nothing to see here
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #373 on: Sunday, February 7, 2021, 16:30:30 »

You can register displeasure and seek to exert some influence by not buying replica shirts/STs and refraining from viewing/attending games. If the  club is already up shit creek I suppose that might be the catalyst for some form of change. 
Been very diffcult to register displeasure by not buying replica shirts this season, as it's been nigh on impossible to buy them. But smartarsery aside, boycotts are a very blunt instrument and I don't think it's going on the wilder shores of radical to suggest that any well-run business, or indeed any business that planned on staying in business, might like to engage with it's customers so that it found out where things were going well or badly *before* customers resorted to boycotts.
JBZ

Ignore
« Reply #374 on: Sunday, February 7, 2021, 16:35:40 »

Been very diffcult to register displeasure by not buying replica shirts this season, as it's been nigh on impossible to buy them. But smartarsery aside, boycotts are a very blunt instrument and I don't think it's going on the wilder shores of radical to suggest that any well-run business, or indeed any business that planned on staying in business, might like to engage with it's customers so that it found out where things were going well or badly *before* customers resorted to boycotts.

Yeah I tried unsuccessfully to acquire an away shirt

Nothing to see here
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 27   Go Up
Print
Jump to: