Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Court Case  (Read 34211 times)
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #345 on: Friday, February 5, 2021, 21:52:51 »

Agreed, declining such an offer will inevitably raise questions

Nothing to see here
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #346 on: Saturday, February 6, 2021, 07:46:57 »

I know people are dubious about the supposed value of the club, but it is about right if you take Clem’s £1.1m for 15%.

That was, of course, then. Presume since Covid that valuation has plummeted. I think Wigan, who are in the process of being sold, are valued at only £3m. But that’s buying out of Admin.

Buying STFC - what would you actually be getting for your money?
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #347 on: Saturday, February 6, 2021, 08:21:40 »

I heard he was sniffing around the Nigel eady money when it was available, and the executors of his estate told Power to fuck off

Spooky. I was thinking of the trust fund money yesterday (Friday) and thought I bet he’d have tried to get his mitts on some if not all of it with the same results. 🤣
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #348 on: Saturday, February 6, 2021, 08:23:41 »

But this was a 'no strings attached' offer.

And how would Standing and Barry perceive this generous offer?
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #349 on: Saturday, February 6, 2021, 08:33:14 »

And how would Standing and Barry perceive this generous offer?

Dunno but I am not sure that matters

Nothing to see here
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #350 on: Saturday, February 6, 2021, 08:43:06 »

Spooky. I was thinking of the trust fund money yesterday (Friday) and thought I bet he’d have tried to get his mitts on some if not all of it with the same results. 🤣

The term rob from your own grand mother comes to mind.
He is now being exposed to what he is all about.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #351 on: Saturday, February 6, 2021, 10:24:16 »

The term rob from your own grand mother comes to mind.
He is now being exposed to what he is all about.
It will all come out eventually I am sure when he is long gone from the premises.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #352 on: Saturday, February 6, 2021, 15:53:41 »

At the height of being *genuinely* skint, Jimmy Quinn played up front with Alan Young (admittedly with Michael Carrick tucked in behind). We’re signing players - and we hardly signed anyone that season.

Was a season before Alan Young started getting off the bench. You're thinking of Quinn suring up the unstopable strikeforce of Charlie Griffin, Grazioli, and future Wimbledon superstar Wayne Gray.

Not that it really takes away from your point.
That Nestor Lorenzo Heade

« Reply #353 on: Saturday, February 6, 2021, 19:59:34 »

Any mention of fan ownership will get The Nestor Lorenzo Heade going again.

Pint
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #354 on: Sunday, February 7, 2021, 11:12:05 »

Can a consortium legally force a takeover bid if they had funds? For example I’m led to believe we have 4,000 ST holders give or take, instead of them renewing for next season why not pay the ST money into The Trust instead? Would quickly raise £1M-£1.5M I would have thought and could be a way to rid the club of Power and start again with Trust/fan ownership.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #355 on: Sunday, February 7, 2021, 11:37:30 »

Can a consortium legally force a takeover bid if they had funds? For example I’m led to believe we have 4,000 ST holders give or take, instead of them renewing for next season why not pay the ST money into The Trust instead? Would quickly raise £1M-£1.5M I would have thought and could be a way to rid the club of Power and start again with Trust/fan ownership.
As the club is ultimately a Ltd company I recall that you can take it private by forcing people to sell shares but from recollection the trigger is very high (I.e. you have to own 75% of shares (I think its actually more than that but can't be arsed to look) to force others to accept your offer so no hope here.

One thing could be interesting if the Trust could get into bed with standing and Clem, I know they have links with Clem but be interested to know if they have tried to speak with Standing?

Sent from my SM-A125F
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #356 on: Sunday, February 7, 2021, 11:56:32 »

As the club is ultimately a Ltd company I recall that you can take it private by forcing people to sell shares but from recollection the trigger is very high (I.e. you have to own 75% of shares (I think its actually more than that but can't be arsed to look) to force others to accept your offer so no hope here.

One thing could be interesting if the Trust could get into bed with standing and Clem, I know they have links with Clem but be interested to know if they have tried to speak with Standing?

Sent from my SM-A125F
There was a meeting of the trust a couple of days ago and was said a statement would be made early next week.  Hopefully something in the offing.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
ThreeDrawsMentality

Ignore
« Reply #357 on: Sunday, February 7, 2021, 11:56:54 »

If the Trust was able to acquire shares from an existing party, it could be possible to push the club in to receivership in the same manner Luton Town supporters did in the early 2000's to oust Andrew Gurney, who was destroying their club. It can be watched in a documentary on YouTube, I'm sure it's called 'Trouble at the top'. Unsurprisingly, Lee Power was rumoured to be an associate of Andrew Gurney...
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #358 on: Sunday, February 7, 2021, 12:02:26 »

Sent from my SM-A125F

What's Powers actual stake in the club?

So, give no fucks
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #359 on: Sunday, February 7, 2021, 12:04:21 »

What's Powers actual stake in the club?
Isn't that what the court case is all about ?.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27   Go Up
Print
Jump to: