Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 ... 21   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Reg Smeeton  (Read 47304 times)
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #210 on: Saturday, April 17, 2021, 13:32:47 »

This is probably total denial on my part but what if Diesel turned out to actually be Reg  Hmmm

Steam Trains = Diesel Engines = Very new poster = Diesel/Reg Reborn.

Someone also mentioned another Andy being Reg - Andy Phillips or something?!

Regardless of my ultimate not wanting to accept it, Reg will live on for a long time any way.

Was wondering, and Berni this is aimed towards yourself. Since we have no idea around TEF sponsorship (because I don't think we can see any prizes forthcoming), would it not be a good gesture to donate all the monies for this season to the Prospect Hospice/Beehive Cricket Club? Maybe pay towards arranging to have a commemorative bench for where they play at? Or even something in the pub where he used to sit?

We could somehow, (maybe via the Beehive Pub or CC) let his family know. As well as Jayo mentions above. I'm sure they would be incredibly touched to know "Reg" was thought of not just by those that knew him in real life as Andy but far reaching across the ether as "Reg".

It's just a thought that would be nice touch from the TEF  Embarrassed

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Crispy
Pink Jumper For Goalpost

Ignore
« Reply #211 on: Saturday, April 17, 2021, 13:43:43 »

A real shame, RIP Reg.

They've got muslamic rayguns, muslamic rayguns..
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #212 on: Saturday, April 17, 2021, 14:12:41 »

This is probably total denial on my part but what if Diesel turned out to actually be Reg  Hmmm

Steam Trains = Diesel Engines = Very new poster = Diesel/Reg Reborn.

Someone also mentioned another Andy being Reg - Andy Phillips or something?!

Regardless of my ultimate not wanting to accept it, Reg will live on for a long time any way.

Was wondering, and Berni this is aimed towards yourself. Since we have no idea around TEF sponsorship (because I don't think we can see any prizes forthcoming), would it not be a good gesture to donate all the monies for this season to the Prospect Hospice/Beehive Cricket Club? Maybe pay towards arranging to have a commemorative bench for where they play at? Or even something in the pub where he used to sit?

We could somehow, (maybe via the Beehive Pub or CC) let his family know. As well as Jayo mentions above. I'm sure they would be incredibly touched to know "Reg" was thought of not just by those that knew him in real life as Andy but far reaching across the ether as "Reg".

Nah. Reg liked to keep his forum and real lives separate, a good example of this is none of us knowing if he was actually  fucking dead.
Reckon leaving it that way would be more suiting.

Nick Bamosomi
Bitter & Twisted

Ignore
« Reply #213 on: Saturday, April 17, 2021, 14:35:52 »

RIP Reg.

Never , under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same  night
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #214 on: Saturday, April 17, 2021, 14:50:03 »

My stepson is quite good mates with Andy's son, although I didn't know he was Reg. I've sent him a link to the thread and the renamed Matchday Thread section and asked him to pass it on to the family if he thinks it would be something they would appreciate.
Moss

Ignore
« Reply #215 on: Saturday, April 17, 2021, 15:00:14 »

Been reading his posts for many years and always liked reading his musings on things STFC and more generally on life. I recognise his face I think, probably from old town pubs and parties back in the 80's. Strange to feel so sad about someone I didn't really know passing away. RIP Reg - you deserved a much better final season.
Walthams

Ignore
« Reply #216 on: Saturday, April 17, 2021, 15:30:05 »

RIP Reg Smeeton always looked forward to reading your posts.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #217 on: Saturday, April 17, 2021, 16:08:01 »

Unfortunately I think we all expected the worst once this thread was made.

Reg's absence was noted well before that.  We were discussing it back in Nov on the thread linked below.  And, although we didn't know it then, he was still around at that point.

TEF: Disappearing Members

Still gutted.  A very perceptive and knowledgeable chap.  There were a few things I never really shared on here over the years that he saw right through anyway.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #218 on: Saturday, April 17, 2021, 16:10:08 »

My stepson is quite good mates with Andy's son, although I didn't know he was Reg. I've sent him a link to the thread and the renamed Matchday Thread section and asked him to pass it on to the family if he thinks it would be something they would appreciate.

Thanks Paul.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #219 on: Saturday, April 17, 2021, 16:36:42 »

I felt like I had been punched in the gut when I read this on Twitter last night.  RIP Reg

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #220 on: Saturday, April 17, 2021, 16:39:28 »

We only have £20 surplus in the Player sponsorship pot as we had 2 pledgers but non-payers.  I think you might know one of the non-payers Bamboo Wink

The £20 in the kitty is probably not going to go that far for anything really

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #221 on: Saturday, April 17, 2021, 16:57:00 »

We only have £20 surplus in the Player sponsorship pot as we had 2 pledgers but non-payers.  I think you might know one of the non-payers Bamboo Wink

The £20 in the kitty is probably not going to go that far for anything really

Aye, I know I ended up holding back as there was nothing forthcoming (or maybe I missed it) from the club, considering furlough etc. and now the current state of things at the club...I was thinking more the sponsorship put in or had that all already been submitted to the club Lee Power's money purse?

Smiley

'Incessant Nonsense'

Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #222 on: Saturday, April 17, 2021, 17:02:49 »

The sponsorship money was paid up to the club and to the Swindon Town Womens team.

BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #223 on: Saturday, April 17, 2021, 17:12:36 »

The sponsorship money was paid up to the club and to the Swindon Town Womens team.

So to Lee Power's money purse then  Wink

Oh yeah, forgot about the STFC Women's sponsoring via the brilliant Mike Dixon. Does he still do pianos and things like that? Nice guy Smiley

'Incessant Nonsense'

adje

Ignore
« Reply #224 on: Saturday, April 17, 2021, 18:36:12 »

Feel very sad about this news. Loved his spirit.

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 ... 21   Go Up
Print
Jump to: