Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Wigan pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 29470 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #495 on: Wednesday, February 3, 2021, 09:59:56 »

They are right, though. We are a terrible team. But what’s becoming more apparent is that it’s just not us and Wigan that are terrible - there’s 7 or 8 similar shite teams.

My only worry is that I can’t really see us stringing a run of good results together - I’m not sure we can get much better than we are with Sheridan giving up possession in the hope we sneak a goal like last night. I can see a few of those clubs around us having the capacity to improve and throw off their present bad form.

Unfortunately for us, that’s as good as it gets.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #496 on: Wednesday, February 3, 2021, 10:01:59 »

Can't be bothered to read back, who did the post game presser last night and was it nonsense.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #497 on: Wednesday, February 3, 2021, 10:03:19 »

Sheridan

And what do you think?
Cookie

Ignore
« Reply #498 on: Wednesday, February 3, 2021, 10:11:11 »

Pitman was offside, the defender noticed it straight away. Officiating is shite most of the time so just have to be grateful when it goes our way.
Oldwembley69

Ignore
« Reply #499 on: Wednesday, February 3, 2021, 10:12:16 »

He's said wait until he has his players to judge him. Well he has now, mostly. If he gets us out of this mess then to be fair he will have done a job. Would not like him to continue longer term but if Power still here in the summer then he may Hmmm.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #500 on: Wednesday, February 3, 2021, 10:20:06 »

They are right, though. We are a terrible team. But what’s becoming more apparent is that it’s just not us and Wigan that are terrible - there’s 7 or 8 similar shite teams.

My only worry is that I can’t really see us stringing a run of good results together - I’m not sure we can get much better than we are with Sheridan giving up possession in the hope we sneak a goal like last night. I can see a few of those clubs around us having the capacity to improve and throw off their present bad form.

Unfortunately for us, that’s as good as it gets.
I fear you are correct, I doubt we will win any back to back games until the end of the season, there is little quality being shown and no consistancy.

You are right, there are still a lot of teams as bad as us on the pitch but several have got more points already on the board which means we have to play catch up.

Wigan are easily the worst side we have played but TBH Rovers, Shrewsbury, Rochdale, Burton and Northampton have been as bad as us, add to that the very poor MKD and Wimbledon and it is whoever grabs a few wins, it could be a pluck any 3 from the other teams as Wigan are down for me.

We have gone from a side earlier in the season who scored goals but made horrendous defensive slip ups costing us wins to a side that have tightened at the back (a bit) with less individual errors but can't seem to score goals any more.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Robinz

Ignore
« Reply #501 on: Wednesday, February 3, 2021, 10:21:09 »

Just maybe Pitman was a wee bit offside.... however, how could Conroy be sent off for that incident ?

Total bollocks

COYMRs
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #502 on: Wednesday, February 3, 2021, 10:28:19 »

The games against the other STFC, Bristol Rovers and Northampton are absolutely crucial this month. If we can shithouse our way to three 1-0 wins then happy days. The other fixtures just look like they can be written off as 'anything we get is a bonus' territory. Pompey, Crewe and Lincoln couldn't be much tougher.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Panda Paws

« Reply #503 on: Wednesday, February 3, 2021, 10:29:38 »

There are 8 teams who are terrible. We're one of them. Finish in the top half of that mini-league and we stay up, and we have an OK record against the teams down there. Beat Burton, Gas, Wigan, Dale. Drew at Shrews. Lost to N'ton and AFCW (when they were good).

15 points from the return fixtures plus bits and pieces elsewhere would give us a fighting chance.
Robinz

Ignore
« Reply #504 on: Wednesday, February 3, 2021, 10:33:35 »

The key to get anything from this season is Brett Pitman

Last night he looked something like a football player, just.

Hopefully it will continue and we may just stay up.
Panda Paws

« Reply #505 on: Wednesday, February 3, 2021, 10:37:35 »

The key to get anything from this season is Brett Pitman

Last night he looked something like a football player, just.

Hopefully it will continue and we may just stay up.

He found his level. Same as Gas at home. He's top half L2, but so are the 7 teams around us.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #506 on: Wednesday, February 3, 2021, 10:40:37 »

Just maybe Pitman was a wee bit offside.... however, how could Conroy be sent off for that incident ?

Total bollocks

COYMRs
Because he was last man, to the letter of the law the ref was correct. Conroy only has himself to blame, he had more than enough chances to boot the ball away and instead tried to be clever and dribble the ball away on a sticky pitch in awful conditions.
Panda Paws

« Reply #507 on: Wednesday, February 3, 2021, 10:42:30 »

Because he was last man, to the letter of the law the ref was correct. Conroy only has himself to blame, he had more than enough chances to boot the ball away and instead tried to be clever and dribble the ball away on a sticky pitch in awful conditions.

The law says nothing about being last man.

It's denial of a clear goalcscoring opportunity, which considering the Wigan player didn't have possession of the ball, leaves me thinking it was soft.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #508 on: Wednesday, February 3, 2021, 10:44:56 »

The law says nothing about being last man.

It's denial of a clear goalcscoring opportunity, which considering the Wigan player didn't have possession of the ball, leaves me thinking it was soft.
Take Conroy out of the equation and their man will get a shot on goal, it's a red and Conroy's decision making cost him.
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #509 on: Wednesday, February 3, 2021, 10:45:18 »

There are 8 teams who are terrible. We're one of them. Finish in the top half of that mini-league and we stay up, and we have an OK record against the teams down there. Beat Burton, Gas, Wigan, Dale. Drew at Shrews. Lost to N'ton and AFCW (when they were good).

15 points from the return fixtures plus bits and pieces elsewhere would give us a fighting chance.

MK are not in the equation. They have top 6 form and were comfortably a level above us when we played
https://thefishy.co.uk/formtable.php?table=3

Shrewsbury are 3 points ahead with 3 games in hand, with top half form. Not looking in the picture at the minute but might nosedive depending on if Cotterill manages to recover from covid over the next month or so

So might be 8, might be 7. I wonder if Rochdale’s free scoring puts them at an advantage. Burton have recruited massively but too little too late surely?

Personally reckon it’s 2 from us, Cobblers and Wimbledon.

« Last Edit: Wednesday, February 3, 2021, 10:52:02 by Boeta » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37   Go Up
Print
Jump to: