Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Wigan pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 29433 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #480 on: Wednesday, February 3, 2021, 05:27:04 »

People seem to have overlooked we actually won a game on a Tuesday!

Still can’t understand how Grant A doesn’t get into that team.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #481 on: Wednesday, February 3, 2021, 06:49:15 »

People seem to have overlooked we actually won a game on a Tuesday!

Still can’t understand how Grant A doesn’t get into that team.

Fallen out with Jurassic John.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #482 on: Wednesday, February 3, 2021, 07:34:38 »

Well, yes. But there must be differences in all dressing rooms, but not to use a player that would benefit a team heading for the toilet is ridiculous.

Unless a Grant planted one on him, in which case, kudos!
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #483 on: Wednesday, February 3, 2021, 08:44:45 »

I thought Conroy had his shirt pulled by Keane earlier in the build up as he was running towards our goal, so I was expecting a free kick to us.

Good spot.

Not sure how VAR might have interpreted all this?

Obviously if a foul had been correctly given against Keane, then any goal scoring opportunity, clear or otherwise, would never have arisen.

The time between Keane's tugging and Conroy's foul was minimal enough for the referee to have been assessing whether he could let play continue for a potential advantage for STFC to counter rather than blow up needlessly.

Don't know how appeals work but, even were one unsuccessful but reasonable, could there be timing advantages with Conroy missing a less vital fixture against Pompey rather than the Shrews on Saturday?

We shall see soon enough.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, February 3, 2021, 08:47:36 by RedRag » Logged

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #484 on: Wednesday, February 3, 2021, 08:50:40 »

Maybe our luck has changed, though.

Pitman’s goal was offside - and not even close.

* 20F385BF-863E-47AF-8F5D-F30F5A8C382E.jpeg (58.09 KB, 641x356 - viewed 164 times.)
« Last Edit: Wednesday, February 3, 2021, 08:52:55 by The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey » Logged
Flashheart

« Reply #485 on: Wednesday, February 3, 2021, 08:57:33 »

One can't tell from that picture alone.

Did it not come back of the keeper and Pitman was there to knock it in? I don't think it was offside.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #486 on: Wednesday, February 3, 2021, 09:08:11 »

Just watched the highlights, he is offline when Smith makes the header
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #487 on: Wednesday, February 3, 2021, 09:20:10 »

We won. On a Tuesday. If that isn't a sign that the end times are upon us, I don't know what is.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #488 on: Wednesday, February 3, 2021, 09:23:43 »

Can we still make the play-offs?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #489 on: Wednesday, February 3, 2021, 09:26:38 »

Watching the highlights, their keeper has some interesting handling, Conroy's red card was a joke (actually admire his restraint for not complaining more about it) the goal best described as scrappy and finally I am not sure I have seen the pitch looking so bad in recent times.  
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #490 on: Wednesday, February 3, 2021, 09:28:03 »

looks onside to me, centre back closest to drs is playing him on when the cross comes in.

how important was that Thompson header in the second half when a peach of a ball was put in to the back post..
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #491 on: Wednesday, February 3, 2021, 09:38:37 »

Can we still make the play-offs?

H.M.S Piss The League

I come from a land down-under
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #492 on: Wednesday, February 3, 2021, 09:49:44 »

B Rovers getting butt fucked by Accrington and their keeper Joe Day is getting absolute pelters on their forum.

Bullet dodged there it seems.
Never rated the keeper was disappointed when we were linked to him, Travers a massive upgrade on Kovar, Fryer and Day.

On the Wigan forum they are saying we are the worst side they have played all season, yet here we sit with 3 points, funny that.

FWIW I truly think Wigan are the worst side we have played in several season, they will do well to stay in L2 let alone L1.

And the views of Wigan fans...
I’m literally dying for something to celebrate. This is such turgid crap

Swindon simply look so much more up for it than us.

I genuinely believe we are much better than this. I think it’s a confidence thing.

Brett Pitman is a fat lazy sneaky bar steward.

This is definitely relegation form unfortunately. Completely flat performance. No fight and zero creativity. Front 3 starved of service and overall a pretty terrible performance for the second match in a row

Total and utter shite performance, and very, very questionable tactics to make matters worse. No positives whatsoever from this.

we are released from this purgatory, pitch was shite as well

68% possession and not a SINGLE shot on goal???

6 pointer, against 10 men who are in shocking form and we cant even manage a single meaningful shot at goal.

Second totally disgraceful performance in a row - you understand we lack quality but you can't defend the utter lack of fight in this lot. No movement, no intensity, no urgency, no fight when it should be a must win game. They werent remotley up for it, second to every lose ball with a man advantage it was shameful.

Performances like the last 2 are so awful I worry about them putting potential new owners off.

Not one shot on target against a poor side.

That was as bad a performance as I have seen for a long time. Really poor

we’d have been comfortably beaten by a Sunday League team tonight.

I’ve avoided criticising the team this season due to the circumstances, but fucking hell that was shite.

Completely deserve relegation with torrid performances like that.

Has to be the worst I have seen in years

This team will struggle in league 2

All in all it was a poor performance and had Swindon had the confidence and players that Blackpool had we would probably have shipped more goals as in my opinion this was a worse performance than the one against the seasiders.

No Wigan Athletic team has ever been gutless like we are now. The takeover must come soon unfortunately not soon enough to avoid certain relegation. It's what you get for having the heart ripped out of our club by gutless Asian bastards.

We were shocking tonight, of that there is no doubt, but the conditions were poor and did not help our passing game. You need a plan B when the pitch is crap (so much for me singing its praises the other week!) and the wind is up.

We made a diabolical Swindon side look like world beaters.

World beaters? They were fuckin awful too.. The level of this League is terrible.

Total rubbish Tonight, Swindon are shit and we totally failed to have a go, sideways passing straight out of the Butch Wilkins school of football,abysmal,toothless, shite,wank,garbage etc,etc.

And what makes it worse is that Swindon are shite

Both ourselves and Swindon will be playing League Two football next season, we are both as shite as each other, the only difference between the teams was that we had a keeper who throw one into the net for them.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #493 on: Wednesday, February 3, 2021, 09:57:44 »

I don't think they're wrong. Both teams are dreadful and are going down.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #494 on: Wednesday, February 3, 2021, 09:58:23 »

looks onside to me, centre back closest to drs is playing him on when the cross comes in.

I don't think anyone is arguing that T.Smith is onside are they Batch? (I could be missing the point here as he clearly is) I think the question is whether Pitman is offside when he heads in. I presume when T.Smith heads the ball is when the relevance as to Pitman being onside is called into play?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37   Go Up
Print
Jump to: