Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 [35] 36   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Hull (+2) v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 29053 times)
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #510 on: Sunday, January 31, 2021, 08:41:13 »

He won football matches thought. Often overlooked.
Exactly.  Did not affect the results.
« Last Edit: Sunday, January 31, 2021, 08:43:43 by swindonmaniac » Logged

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #511 on: Sunday, January 31, 2021, 08:49:50 »

Sheridan going back to his roots

TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #512 on: Sunday, January 31, 2021, 08:53:05 »

Exactly.  Did not affect the results.

Swindon under PDC and now, behind the scenes are vastly different and simply cannot be compared.
Tuesday is Court scheduled day thus let’s just hope Power accepts something that means the end of his tenure. If only everything could be settled out of court, quickly, efficiently and something that we can at least have a crumb of hope as right now we all need it.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #513 on: Sunday, January 31, 2021, 09:00:19 »

Swindon under PDC and now, behind the scenes are vastly different and simply cannot be compared.
Tuesday is Court scheduled day thus let’s just hope Power accepts something that means the end of his tenure. If only everything could be settled out of court, quickly, efficiently and something that we can at least have a crumb of hope as right now we all need it.
Do we know how long the case is likely to last? Or how long it is likely to be before we will see any outcome from any result?

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
normy

Ignore
« Reply #514 on: Sunday, January 31, 2021, 09:03:44 »

I was really pissed off with Wright's comments to the Adver about matt Smith's return to Arsenal, it  makes no sense at all. Especially this section:

"The 20-year-old playmaker arrived at the County Ground on a season-long loan deal in the summer and has been an early contender for Adver Sport player of the year with his confident passing and superb technical ability.

Yet, after John Sheridan revealed Town have been considering sending Smith back to North London early, many fans have been wondering why the Swindon boss would get rid of one of the club’s standout players.

Wright did not confirm Smith would definitely return to Arsenal, but the 56-year-old suggested it would be a “footballing decision” if the move were to be confirmed before Monday night’s 11pm deadline."

ust be the oldest
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #515 on: Sunday, January 31, 2021, 09:32:41 »

Has he gone yet?
Crackity Jones

« Reply #516 on: Sunday, January 31, 2021, 09:33:02 »

I was really pissed off with Wright's comments to the Adver about matt Smith's return to Arsenal, it  makes no sense at all. Especially this section:

"The 20-year-old playmaker arrived at the County Ground on a season-long loan deal in the summer and has been an early contender for Adver Sport player of the year with his confident passing and superb technical ability.

Yet, after John Sheridan revealed Town have been considering sending Smith back to North London early, many fans have been wondering why the Swindon boss would get rid of one of the club’s standout players.

Wright did not confirm Smith would definitely return to Arsenal, but the 56-year-old suggested it would be a “footballing decision” if the move were to be confirmed before Monday night’s 11pm deadline."
. "Footballing decision" is just made up. It makes no sense to send back the one player who has stood out in this possibility poor season.  In the same way it makes no sense to continually play a CB who is way out of his depth because he has trained well.  Putting 2 and 2 together and making 5 I would say its this kind of stuff that pisses off the senior players. That is my own made up logic of course.
welshred

Ignore
« Reply #517 on: Sunday, January 31, 2021, 09:35:18 »

Exactly. It's fucking bollocks. Whenever you get young players on loan from top teams it can often be a bit hit and miss. Many aren't ready for the physicality of the lower leagues. But then every now and then you get an absolute gem who has the work ethic, skill, strength and intelligence required to really shine in the lower leagues. Jimmy Davis, James Milner, David Thompson. I would put Matt Smith into that category. Full of running, tenacious, good on the ball with an eye for a killer pass. And we have the gaul to send him back?! He should be the first name on the team sheet every week. Its not like we're blessed with talent this season. Pisses me right off.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #518 on: Sunday, January 31, 2021, 09:35:34 »

Let's not forget Wright was probably forced to do the press conference and told what to say and not necessarily what he agreed with

So, give no fucks
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #519 on: Sunday, January 31, 2021, 09:41:13 »

I assume the footballing decision is purely to get him off the wage bill and to try and get two players in for the wages we were paying for one...
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #520 on: Sunday, January 31, 2021, 09:43:47 »

I assume the footballing decision is purely to get him off the wage bill and to try and get two players in for the wages we were paying for one...

Let's hope we don't get two permanent duds in then which we get stuck with for next season

So, give no fucks
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #521 on: Sunday, January 31, 2021, 09:57:36 »

Arsenal are recalling Smith because they want a better option for him rather than stay with Sheridan.

That’s the footballing reason. Sheridan is the reason/problem.
Cowley38

Ignore
« Reply #522 on: Sunday, January 31, 2021, 10:02:17 »

The footballing reason is solely down to Arsenal not being happy with how Sheriden wants him to play.

Smith has been in constant contact with Arsenal and he isn't happy.

They already have another loan planned when he returns to them
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #523 on: Sunday, January 31, 2021, 10:04:18 »

Good luck to the guy and definitely our loss

So, give no fucks
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #524 on: Sunday, January 31, 2021, 10:27:47 »

yeah, "footballing decision", "trained better", got to read between the lines.

I reckon Smith will learn more in a better team anyway, so whether we are sacrificing or arsenal are recalling then he's going to be better off.

you'd think if arsenal were recalling they'd have done it swiftly though
------
got up late. he's still here Sad
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 [35] 36   Go Up
Print
Jump to: