Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 36   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Hull (+2) v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 29063 times)
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Friday, January 29, 2021, 16:54:54 »

I don't think Tyler would be a bad fit for a wide position, if used correctly.  It's the latter bit I'd be concerned about, like the use of Palmer out there.  It doesn't seem to come with much thought.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Friday, January 29, 2021, 16:56:51 »

A few days ago you said he’d left?

Things change though. Perhaps a few days ago matt Smith was staying?

If it proves true, it does point to us not signing any more loan players to me. Can't see us getting a striker on a perm - unbelievably.
Anteater

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Friday, January 29, 2021, 17:02:52 »

Sheridan is like a kid who gets the new version of Football Manager and spends weeks tinkering with the tactics section trying to get results.  Hmm, Inside Forwards not cutting the mustard on this version, lets try the Christmas Tree formation for a game and see what that does.  Problem is, he's got the game on one of those runs where you get beat even after having 27 chances to the other teams 3 and he can't save it and scrap the last game.

Assuming he's not even bothered with the individual instructions as yet, we should probably put a team out that has a chance of talking to each other and figuring out a way to play by themselves.  Therefore, I'd hope for something like:

Travers
Caddis/Freeman (whoever can last longer)
Masterson
Conroy
Thompson
A Grant
Lyden
Palmer (I am assuming M Smith is done, otherwise it would be him by a country mile)
DJ
Payne or Twine, both are OK but a bit flakey - beyond Twines new found long range shooting ability, he still looks a bit lost positionaly to me (not helped y Sheridan I guess)
Otomoye (Pitman is no use on his own)

A Grant has to play if fit, you need someone to be in the middle of this team and guide them, he is also better on one leg than using Curran would be in a back three.
Totally agree with this, particularly the A Grant reference. If both M and J Smiths have gone and with Sheridans ‘style’ of play cant see where our next chance let alone goal will come from. Hope I’m proved wrong with a 30 second opener tomorrow, won’t hold my breath though.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Friday, January 29, 2021, 17:03:00 »

Who fucking cares anymore? Most on here are resigned to the drop unless Sheridan goes soon.

Haphazard selection is par for the course. He’s fast approaching McMahon’s level of turgid shit and loathing.

And that takes some doing.

I bloody care as to some it seems I've been "bullshitting" and pretending to be "ITK" yet been saying some of this stuff for a while.

T. Smith went back to Sheff Utd last Friday. Sheff Utd wouldn't terminate the loan agreement/officially recall him. In the meantime Town sign Omotoye to "replace" him. T. Smith returned as officially still a loan STFC player and trained yesterday. Town have pretty much no choice but to utilise him or it's a wasted wage. Sheridan doesn't want him (part of the charm offensive operation "you can stay if you want to but...") and maybe that's why he starts on the wing tomorrow. Out of position and not wanted. Like I said before...making it difficult for the loan players he doesn't want.

I called it a while ago. J. Smith would go - he's gone. M. Smith not being utilised properly and wants to go. Waiting on Arsenal arrangements. T. Smith had actually gone and JS thought that was that so brought in another player before confirmation of T. Smith deal being terminated.

The thing is Aud, had I been wrong about this I'd be jumped all over on here. Now you're saying "who cares" or folk are being very quiet indeed regarding my claims over the past couple of weeks. Funny that, seeing as they are slowly being revealed and becoming true. It's further evidence that people only believe the parts they want to.

So you don't care that a player (Tyler) who had actually left the club and was replaced (Omotoye) then returns, who is now going to be utilised in a position that has been vacated by a player (Jonny), who could play that position as they were told the formation would be changing and he wouldn't fit that position? It's utter madness, lacks any foresight and smacks of very poor professionalism.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Friday, January 29, 2021, 17:19:07 »

No evidence (yet) of Sam Ricketts taking over the reigns

Nothing to see here
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Friday, January 29, 2021, 17:21:33 »

A few days ago you said he’d left?

Because he had Quaggy. Left last Friday. People can believe the parts they want and any other bits they don't. I get a lot of shit on here. Sometimes I'll hold my hands up and admit any bollocks said. I always do if necessary.

When it comes to the last few weeks, I have mentioned that I had at least three sources and the T. Smith back and starting is no rumour. It has been suggested to two sources close to the club.

It also adds to the suggestion that Pitman may well now be sold. The squad size is pretty overpopulated in some positions yet underused. The only problem Pitman (or Town) has is that any interest will be from L2 and there aren't many options on the table.

'Incessant Nonsense'

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Friday, January 29, 2021, 17:23:00 »

I bloody care as to some it seems I've been "bullshitting" and pretending to be "ITK" yet been saying some of this stuff for a while.

T. Smith went back to Sheff Utd last Friday. Sheff Utd wouldn't terminate the loan agreement/officially recall him. In the meantime Town sign Omotoye to "replace" him. T. Smith returned as officially still a loan STFC player and trained yesterday. Town have pretty much no choice but to utilise him or it's a wasted wage. Sheridan doesn't want him (part of the charm offensive operation "you can stay if you want to but...") and maybe that's why he starts on the wing tomorrow. Out of position and not wanted. Like I said before...making it difficult for the loan players he doesn't want.

I called it a while ago. J. Smith would go - he's gone. M. Smith not being utilised properly and wants to go. Waiting on Arsenal arrangements. T. Smith had actually gone and JS thought that was that so brought in another player before confirmation of T. Smith deal being terminated.

The thing is Aud, had I been wrong about this I'd be jumped all over on here. Now you're saying "who cares" or folk are being very quiet indeed regarding my claims over the past couple of weeks. Funny that, seeing as they are slowly being revealed and becoming true. It's further evidence that people only believe the parts they want to.

So you don't care that a player (Tyler) who had actually left the club and was replaced (Omotoye) then returns, who is now going to be utilised in a position that has been vacated by a player (Jonny), who could play that position as they were told the formation would be changing and he wouldn't fit that position? It's utter madness, lacks any foresight and smacks of very poor professionalism.
Like a lot of people I’ve fast become unable to care much what he does now. Just waiting for him to go - whenever that is - and examine the carnage left behind.

There are players other than Smith T that are being paid and not utilised - Grant A, Odimayo to name but 2.
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Friday, January 29, 2021, 17:23:33 »

Bamboo, my friend, you need to take some time out from the TEF again.

Nothing to see here
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Friday, January 29, 2021, 17:31:33 »

Bamboo, my friend, you need to take some time out from the TEF again.

Who are you again? Your games don't work any more "my friend".

'Incessant Nonsense'

Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Friday, January 29, 2021, 17:39:00 »

https://www.facebook.com/Channel4/videos/1206653059469378/
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Friday, January 29, 2021, 17:43:45 »

I know that Hallam Hope had a dentist appointment in the last 6 months but you don't see me bragging and banging on about it

#ITK
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Friday, January 29, 2021, 17:48:38 »

If that is the case he should be fired for that alone.  

I couldn't understand why we playing Palmer or Grant on the wing when J Smith is far more suited to that position and can turn defenders at will.   Sure his final ball has been poor but it pushes them back, Palmer is no threat there and Grant, even though he has is moments, is just not as good.  

BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Friday, January 29, 2021, 17:49:05 »

Like a lot of people I’ve fast become unable to care much what he does now. Just waiting for him to go - whenever that is - and examine the carnage left behind.

There are players other than Smith T that are being paid and not utilised - Grant A, Odimayo to name but 2.

I concur the feeling that many convey too, in that they can't wait to see arse end of JS. Of course there are others too. T. Smith is particularly highlighted due to him not being wanted, so he left, yet now he is back. It's nuts, especially considering Town moved to get Otomoye "before" confirmation from Sheff Utd regarding T. Smith.

Odimayo is an interesting one because he seemed to be progressing nicely and can be used as a utility defensive player (CB, RB and CDM). Ideal Neil, you'd think but here we are and for some "reason" he can't even get in the squad above Spongegar Ego Pants.

'Incessant Nonsense'

BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Friday, January 29, 2021, 17:50:02 »

I know that Hallam Hope had a dentist appointment in the last 6 months but you don't see me bragging and banging on about it

#ITK

Another WUM.

'Incessant Nonsense'

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Friday, January 29, 2021, 17:57:34 »

Quote from: Tails

#ITK

as if you can get a routine checkup right now
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 36   Go Up
Print
Jump to: