Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 36   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Hull (+2) v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 29776 times)
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Friday, January 29, 2021, 13:33:16 »

Do you have a habit of trying to destroy the weekend before it has begun? Smiley
Please, please, please don’t start with Curran.
I did say 'I fear' - the depression cloud hasn't lifted from Tuesday for me.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #31 on: Friday, January 29, 2021, 13:40:25 »

In my time as a Town fan I can hardly think of a game so apathetically awaited by Swindon fans in many a long year with so few genuinely expecting a Town win but there are a few more hopeful than expectant of a result tomorrow.

Interestingly though we are one of Hull City's real bogey sides, but as we all know from games like the Pox away win these records are there to be broken.

Hull City haven't beaten Swindon since a game at Boothferry Park in 1990, its 8 games since Hull beat us that day with Swindon winning 5 of the games between the sides in that time, Hull have only won 4 of the last 24 games between the teams since 1972.

Hull sit proudly at the top of the division on 48 points, a game in hand and 3 points clear of 2nd place, scoring 35 goals which is just 4 goals more than Town have scored but only conceded 19 which is 30 less than we have let in!

Their current form is WDWDWWL the only defeats in the last 7 games a 2-0 loss coming away at Accrington on Tuesday night.

We beat them in the corresponding match earlier in the season 2-1 at the CG with Caddis and J Grant scoring after we went a goal down early on to a great finish on the break, then 2 good goals won us the game, Hull were always threatening all game on the break though.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Friday, January 29, 2021, 13:54:37 »

I haven't given less of a shit about a game since Paul Hart and Malpas were managers..  Will no doubt watch because I stupidly bought an Ifollow ST, but will join expecting to get spanked and will no doubt sacastically laugh when I see that Curran is starting and everytime time Hull split our defence and hit the back of the net.

Unfortunately that is where my head is at atm.  The consideration of sending Matt Smith back is slowly drawing a line under how apathetic I am getting about the current situation.
« Last Edit: Friday, January 29, 2021, 14:14:33 by Berniman » Logged

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Peter Venkman

« Reply #33 on: Friday, January 29, 2021, 14:01:18 »

I haven't given less of a shit about a game since Paul Hart and Malpas were managers..  Will no doubt watch because I stupidly bought an Ifollow ST, but will join expecting to get spanked and will no doubt sacastically laugh when I see that Curran is starting and everytime time Hull split out defence and hit the back of the net.

Unfortunately that is where my head is at atm.  The consideration of sending Matt Smith back is slowly drawing a line under how apathetic I am getting about the current situation.
This. 100% this.

RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Friday, January 29, 2021, 14:11:37 »

Sheridan is like a kid who gets the new version of Football Manager and spends weeks tinkering with the tactics section trying to get results.  Hmm, Inside Forwards not cutting the mustard on this version, lets try the Christmas Tree formation for a game and see what that does.  Problem is, he's got the game on one of those runs where you get beat even after having 27 chances to the other teams 3 and he can't save it and scrap the last game.

Assuming he's not even bothered with the individual instructions as yet, we should probably put a team out that has a chance of talking to each other and figuring out a way to play by themselves.  Therefore, I'd hope for something like:

Travers
Caddis/Freeman (whoever can last longer)
Masterson
Conroy
Thompson
A Grant
Lyden
Palmer (I am assuming M Smith is done, otherwise it would be him by a country mile)
DJ
Payne or Twine, both are OK but a bit flakey - beyond Twines new found long range shooting ability, he still looks a bit lost positionaly to me (not helped y Sheridan I guess)
Otomoye (Pitman is no use on his own)

A Grant has to play if fit, you need someone to be in the middle of this team and guide them, he is also better on one leg than using Curran would be in a back three.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Friday, January 29, 2021, 14:17:46 »

I’ve found it very hard watching us play. I rarely get past the first half. It’s easier to hear about the clock ups on here then having to watch them unfold before my eyes.

I shan’t bother at all tomorrow - and probably not again until HE goes.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Friday, January 29, 2021, 14:44:17 »

Seen a tweet saying that Tyler Smith could be deployed on the wing tomorrow, it's probably BS from a standard ITK account, but if there is anything in it then it will further back up that Sheridan is scrambling to find something that works - square pegs round holes - depressing.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Friday, January 29, 2021, 14:47:45 »

Seen a tweet saying that Tyler Smith could be deployed on the wing tomorrow, it's probably BS from a standard ITK account, but if there is anything in it then it will further back up that Sheridan is scrambling to find something that works - square pegs round holes - depressing.

Maybe he’s gone for the Classic last day of the Sunday League season names out of a hat?
Peter Venkman

« Reply #38 on: Friday, January 29, 2021, 14:50:27 »

Tyler and Caddis are back in training today I understand.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Friday, January 29, 2021, 15:09:14 »

So, Sheridan gets shot of a bespoke winger to be replaced by a player who is not.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Friday, January 29, 2021, 15:10:27 »

So, Sheridan gets shot of a bespoke winger to be replaced by a player who is not.

Assuming City didn't recall him...
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Friday, January 29, 2021, 16:31:07 »

No one's listening but Tyler Smith 100% starts tomorrow.

Edit: 0755hrs Fri 29th Jan 2021

I'm going all out, as far out as the right wing where if you squint long enough...you'll see Tyler Smith!

You. Could. Not. Make. It. Up...

Travers

Freeman          Masterson          Conroy          Thompson

Lyden

Twine                   Palmer

T.Smith                                                      Jaiyesimi

Hope

I know nothing  No Way

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Friday, January 29, 2021, 16:36:17 »

Who fucking cares anymore? Most on here are resigned to the drop unless Sheridan goes soon.

Haphazard selection is par for the course. He’s fast approaching McMahon’s level of turgid shit and loathing.

And that takes some doing.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Friday, January 29, 2021, 16:44:12 »

I fear it might be:

Travers

Freeman  Masterson   Curran   Conroy   Thompson

Palmer  Lyden  Hunt

Twine/Jaiyesimi/Omotoye (Perm 2 from 3)

We should be putting Twine as an attack midfield where he done so well for Newport and where he started for us initially and looked good there making runs and getting on the ball to create chances, he is not an out and out striker and he is not a winger - he was doing well before Sheridan started hauling him off early in games
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Friday, January 29, 2021, 16:50:08 »

No one's listening but Tyler Smith 100% starts tomorrow.

A few days ago you said he’d left?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 36   Go Up
Print
Jump to: