Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: BT new system fo sport packages  (Read 3517 times)
normy

Ignore
« on: Thursday, January 28, 2021, 09:08:22 »

I have just found out that, in March, BT is going to cancel my free BT Sport package I've had for years and if I still want it I would have to pay an extra £40 a month to include BTSport and also a NOW TV Sky Sports pass with it, as I understand by talking to an adviser at BT.
I said so you're forcing me off of watching BTSport unless I can afford to pay a lot extra  to include Sky Sports which I don't want?
Yes he said, your BT Sport entitlement is now obsolete.
I said that seems a dirty trick with no warning about it.
We're sending you a  letter, he said, and went quiet.

Ah well, I had a good run of free sport I suppose. £40 a month over what I'm paying BT now is a lot extra. I have to think if it's worth it, and no I'm not techie enough to do illegal streaming.

ust be the oldest
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, January 28, 2021, 09:21:04 »

Sounds like a con to me there
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, January 28, 2021, 09:30:06 »

That... doesn't sound right. BT Sport prices did go up recently but more like four pounds a month than forty.

I don't know if you use Twitter but my long experience of BT customer service suggests their Twitter care account is very good at getting things done and every other aspect of their customer service is fucking horrendous, so I'd strong encourage asking there!
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, January 28, 2021, 09:31:14 »

Complaining that you got free sports for a 'good run' and now you have to pay for it... whatever next.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, January 28, 2021, 09:32:55 »

Complaining that you got free sports for a 'good run' and now you have to pay for it... whatever next.

I suspect that by 'free' Normy means 'included in the price of BT's otherwise not very cheap broadband packages' rather than properly free.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, January 28, 2021, 09:33:46 »

Sorry to change the subject slightly but I recently signed up to Sky TV and was toying with the idea of getting the sports channels. For both Sky Sports and BT Sport you more or less need a second mortgage to afford it!! We just went for the basic HD package in the end,we don't watch that much TV anyhow and there is more than enough on Amazon Prime or Netflix tbh.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, January 28, 2021, 09:44:58 »

I thought the free BT sport  went to £5 ages ago.

regardless, ring up and complain, see what they can do. normally you have to threaten to leave before they will do anything though. and they may just let you leave
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, January 28, 2021, 09:54:07 »

Thanks for the reminder, I need to sort ours out. Think will get rid of the sport as I hardly watch any football now mainly just the cycling on Eurosport, but most of that is on GCN now anyway.

Plus missus has Amazon Prime so if I have a desperate need for football there is always that.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, January 28, 2021, 09:58:58 »

We've got prime, where is the footy on there?  Huh?
Shit, we've had it for ages and I've never noticed
normy

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, January 28, 2021, 10:05:16 »

I suspect that by 'free' Normy means 'included in the price of BT's otherwise not very cheap broadband packages' rather than properly free.

Yes I pay £54.99 a month for super fibre broadband and £29 for an entertainment pack, BT Sport was an add-on £0.00 .

ust be the oldest
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Thursday, January 28, 2021, 10:09:21 »

We've got prime, where is the footy on there?  Huh?
Shit, we've had it for ages and I've never noticed

Assuming its still on there it just seems to appear on the home screen when we turn on the fire stick?

TBH with BT TV we use it for little more than recording TV these days anyway.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Thursday, January 28, 2021, 10:24:14 »

has the prime football package expired now???

https://www.amazon.co.uk/premier-league-prime-video/b?ie=UTF8&node=17025298031
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: