Pages: 1 ... 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Has he gone yet?  (Read 98934 times)
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #825 on: Saturday, April 3, 2021, 14:05:01 »

I would still rather him than Sheridan
Much as I dislike Sheridan and want him gone,  Can't agree with Barton, I know you can't polish a turd, but what's he done at Wovers ??.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #826 on: Saturday, April 3, 2021, 14:18:41 »

Barton's great record at the other Bristol club shows us what we are missing.

Nothing to see here
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #827 on: Saturday, April 3, 2021, 14:34:12 »

They have had 3 managers now, they are very very shit and the whole noise seems to be geared towards a clearout and starting again next season. I really wouldn't judge him on Rovers i would look at the great job he did on the whole at Fleetwood. I am sure we would have more points with him than we have Sheridan that's for sure
REDBUCK

« Reply #828 on: Saturday, April 3, 2021, 15:44:39 »

Setting aside the fact he has history of a thuggish nature, that he's due in court again in June and seems to be permanently on Social Media, what exactly did he achieve at Fleetwood that was so great.

Not sure after this year we need another manager who criticises players, previous managers, training and medical facilities.

Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #829 on: Saturday, April 3, 2021, 15:46:57 »

They have had 3 managers now, they are very very shit and the whole noise seems to be geared towards a clearout and starting again next season. I really wouldn't judge him on Rovers i would look at the great job he did on the whole at Fleetwood. I am sure we would have more points with him than we have Sheridan that's for sure

I would love to know what's happened behind the scenes there and why their rich owners haven't put any big money into the club

So, give no fucks
REDBUCK

« Reply #830 on: Saturday, April 3, 2021, 15:50:18 »

I think "Rich" is a bit of a myth for any big money investment
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #831 on: Saturday, April 3, 2021, 15:56:33 »

I think "Rich" is a bit of a myth for any big money investment

Didn't the gasheads claim Wael was the sixth richest owner in the football league!

So, give no fucks
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #832 on: Saturday, April 3, 2021, 16:07:54 »

Setting aside the fact he has history of a thuggish nature, that he's due in court again in June and seems to be permanently on Social Media, what exactly did he achieve at Fleetwood that was so great.

Not sure after this year we need another manager who criticises players, previous managers, training and medical facilities.

That's a totally different argument. I simply think and said I would rather him as our manager than Sheridan as i think he is a better manager. I thought he had them playing great football and had them punching way above where they should be in the league
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #833 on: Saturday, April 3, 2021, 16:15:58 »

He's certainly got a colourful past and I didn't realise he called Thiago Silva an overweight ladyboy in 2013 No

So, give no fucks
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #834 on: Sunday, April 4, 2021, 09:32:59 »

Didn't the gasheads claim Wael was the sixth richest owner in the football league!
I think it was proved early on that they are property developers and actually had no actual money, I think it was within a few weeks of them taking over and it has been proved right, they wanted the club purely for the development of the new UWE ground which fell through.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #835 on: Sunday, April 4, 2021, 09:48:50 »

I think it was proved early on that they are property developers and actually had no actual money, I think it was within a few weeks of them taking over and it has been proved right, they wanted the club purely for the development of the new UWE ground which fell through.

Very similar to us!

So, give no fucks
Peter Venkman

« Reply #836 on: Sunday, April 4, 2021, 09:52:21 »

Very similar to us!
The difference is that Power never hid the fact that he had little money and din't promise us the earth as they did to Sags fans.

Formerly Drummer Boy

Ignore
« Reply #837 on: Monday, April 5, 2021, 09:26:33 »

Living in Bristol and not far from where the UWE Stadium would have been, the whole thing around the stadium went pop weeks before the new owner arrived. The land the Mem is on was being sold to Sainsbury’s to develop a new store but Sainsbury’s expansion plans didn’t represent growth in numbers to shareholders, the CEO basically got sacked and all resulted in pulling out. There was a court case to force Sainsbury’s to honour the contract but the court sided with Sainsbury’s.

The new owners came in and attempted to source finance for the new stadium but didn’t like the terms so pulled the plug on the lot of it.

The owner comes from a very rich family but that’s all in his parents name and all tied up in various other investments. The idea of Rovers being funded to the Championship was Rovers fans getting carried away with themselves. Just look our consortium with Fitton, Black and Co.. Said to be worth a combined £1billion at the time and it doesn’t necessarily result in investment on the pitch. Buying the club is owners attempting to build a successfully bigger business on a shoestring.

I used to be that kid with the drum in the Nationwide and Town End - Be nice to me or I'll tell my Mum Smiley
Peter Venkman

« Reply #838 on: Monday, April 5, 2021, 09:49:23 »

Absolutely Drummer, having family money does not mean that they have or are willing to spend any money themselves on the team. At least with us and Black he was willing to dip his hand in his pocket when needed, something the Waels do not seem capable of doing.

JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #839 on: Tuesday, April 6, 2021, 16:59:30 »

Think I already know the answer to this. But will ask anyway.

Would people prefer:
1) league one football with Sheridan next season
2) league two football without Sheridan next season

All hypothetical ofc  Wink
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60   Go Up
Print
Jump to: