Pages: 1 ... 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 ... 60   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Has he gone yet?  (Read 98942 times)
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #810 on: Thursday, April 1, 2021, 19:50:54 »

In Sheridan’s defence, Conroy has looked unfit and in all honesty has been fucking useless lately.

I find it's a bit similar to how Wellens disregarded Scott Twine as having no future at the club. I'm sure the Salford Genius will now take full credit for showing "our Scott" the way.

Maybe El Dino is doing the same and then one day, when Conroy is leading out England* as captain, he can take all the credit and say "it woz me that gev im a kick up arse like, yoh no".

*at the Walking Football Tournament

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Panda Paws

« Reply #811 on: Thursday, April 1, 2021, 19:57:55 »

When did RW say Twine had no future?
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #812 on: Thursday, April 1, 2021, 20:01:54 »

I thought Wellens said Twine was a little lightweight and needed a season in league two to build his strength up
« Last Edit: Thursday, April 1, 2021, 20:03:48 by Jimmy Quinn » Logged

So, give no fucks
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #813 on: Thursday, April 1, 2021, 20:02:39 »

When did RW say Twine had no future?

Oh he was always saying it. Never rated him.

'Incessant Nonsense'

tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #814 on: Thursday, April 1, 2021, 20:03:33 »

I think Conroy will struggle to find a league club when his contract is up.

Too injury prone
Panda Paws

« Reply #815 on: Thursday, April 1, 2021, 20:15:04 »

Oh he was always saying it. Never rated him.

I don't remember him ever saying it.

BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #816 on: Thursday, April 1, 2021, 22:18:09 »

I think Conroy will struggle to find a league club when his contract is up.

Too injury prone

Think I remember referencing that he was quite lucky in some respects that the "covid curtailed" season happened, as it gave him the time to both recover from his injuries (ones that not many come back from in a professional capacity) and also still be in any plans. had the season carried on after last March and Town had a "normal" August start in L1 then I don't think Conroy would have been first choice.

I'll add, I'm glad he did though because there is a decent FL standard player in there and to get some extended time as a pro has been great for him but it could be that you are correct. Although some in L2 might take a punt on him if his future does indeed lay elsewhere.

'Incessant Nonsense'

RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #817 on: Friday, April 2, 2021, 00:05:49 »

In Sheridan’s defence, Conroy has looked unfit and in all honesty has been fucking useless lately.
\\

Banbury mentioned weeks ago that Conroy has been playing with an injury.  He should know, I imagine Dion has been bunking in his spare room.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #818 on: Friday, April 2, 2021, 09:35:05 »

I don't remember him ever saying it.

I don't either, but I do agree with bamboo that even if he didn't say it directly, he did give the general impression of being completely dismissive of/uninterested in Scott Twine (and in fact our home grown players in general who he certainly did describe as not being up to standard).
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #819 on: Friday, April 2, 2021, 09:46:40 »

I don't either, but I do agree with bamboo that even if he didn't say it directly, he did give the general impression of being completely dismissive of/uninterested in Scott Twine (and in fact our home grown players in general who he certainly did describe as not being up to standard).
He didn't directly but Twine was told this was his last chance to impress at Newport, gain some strength and play games, which is exactly what he did. Wellens never rated Twine, and on previous performances he was probably right in that assumption.

Newport though found a position for him in an advanced midfield/number 10 role and that suited Twine perfectly, previous managers tried him left midfield, left wing and even LB once, it was a case of finding which position suited his style of play rather than shoehorning him into a formation.

He was always very highly rated by the academy staff but considered to be too lightweight to maybe make the grade in league football, he had always been technically gifted, hence Wellens sending him to Newport to "bulk up" mentally and physically.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Flashheart

« Reply #820 on: Friday, April 2, 2021, 09:57:09 »

I'm surprised it took anybody that long to realise what his best position is. He's always been an attacking player but not quite a striker. Kinda like looking for a pair of tits but behind a bra is the last place you look.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #821 on: Friday, April 2, 2021, 12:05:27 »

He didn't directly but Twine was told this was his last chance to impress at Newport, gain some strength and play games, which is exactly what he did. Wellens never rated Twine, and on previous performances he was probably right in that assumption.

Newport though found a position for him in an advanced midfield/number 10 role and that suited Twine perfectly, previous managers tried him left midfield, left wing and even LB once, it was a case of finding which position suited his style of play rather than shoehorning him into a formation.

He was always very highly rated by the academy staff but considered to be too lightweight to maybe make the grade in league football, he had always been technically gifted, hence Wellens sending him to Newport to "bulk up" mentally and physically.
And to Wellens' credit, it did the job admirably, even if he personally didn't rate him. Most credit to Twine himself though, he obviously backed himself and put the work in when I'd guess it would have been easy to go along with the manager's (and plenty of others) assumptions about him
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #822 on: Friday, April 2, 2021, 12:07:11 »

It's no coincidence that Newports form dipped since January after Twine was called back

So, give no fucks
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #823 on: Saturday, April 3, 2021, 10:59:43 »

To be fair, despite what we say, things could be worse, we could have Joey Barton!!

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #824 on: Saturday, April 3, 2021, 13:57:18 »

I would still rather him than Sheridan
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 ... 60   Go Up
Print
Jump to: