Pages: 1 ... 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 ... 60   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Has he gone yet?  (Read 98959 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #750 on: Wednesday, March 17, 2021, 10:50:52 »

Moral of the story is be careful what you wish for. Some people wanted more 'direct' football and they've got it....
TBH I don't remember anyone certainly on here wanting a more direct style, almost every poster to a man/woman was happy that we got away from the Flitcroft long ball percentage game durge.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #751 on: Wednesday, March 17, 2021, 10:52:05 »

The funny thing is that Sheridan's version of more attacking football will just mean pumping it long even quicker, the 'forward' brigade should love him!

Could have worked if we bought a target man (e.g. akinde). Never going to work with pitman up front
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #752 on: Wednesday, March 17, 2021, 10:52:22 »

yeah.

though I'd take long ball durge if it brought success.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #753 on: Wednesday, March 17, 2021, 10:53:49 »

TBH I don't remember anyone certainly on here wanting a more direct style, almost every poster to a man/woman was happy that we got away from the Flitcroft long ball percentage game durge.
Not referring to here, but we all know the 'forward' brigade in the CG, even under Wellens last season you should still here it being shouted out by the same individuals.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #754 on: Wednesday, March 17, 2021, 12:22:08 »

Agreed and much better under Brown

So, give no fucks
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #755 on: Wednesday, March 17, 2021, 16:30:30 »

I think this season was always going to be Power’s last. The Standing/Barry/Clem debacle was all out in the public domain.

Covid dramatically reduced the amount of money Power could take out before he left, so the playing budget was slashed so he still got his wedge. Wellens could see the writing on the wall and legged it - he knew relegation was the likely conclusion to the season way back then.

That was another unexpected income stream for Power to pocket. Now, what calibre of replacement manager could he entice to SN1?

A complicit one. No questions asked, no expectations to be met, no complaining when any decent player was jettisoned, retirement beckoning so no worry about getting another job.

Sure, Sheridactyl has played his part, but Power has manoeuvred the club into this position.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #756 on: Wednesday, March 17, 2021, 19:12:25 »

I think this season was always going to be Power’s last. The Standing/Barry/Clem debacle was all out in the public domain.

Covid dramatically reduced the amount of money Power could take out before he left, so the playing budget was slashed so he still got his wedge. Wellens could see the writing on the wall and legged it - he knew relegation was the likely conclusion to the season way back then.

That was another unexpected income stream for Power to pocket. Now, what calibre of replacement manager could he entice to SN1?

A complicit one. No questions asked, no expectations to be met, no complaining when any decent player was jettisoned, retirement beckoning so no worry about getting another job.

Sure, Sheridactyl has played his part, but Power has manoeuvred the club into this position.
I think in a sort of Scrooby Doo style Power is probably thinking he would have got away with it if it weren't for those pesky covid....
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #757 on: Tuesday, March 30, 2021, 20:54:33 »

Almost two weeks since the last post on this thread!! Incredible what a couple of wins can do to a fanbase  Wink

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #758 on: Tuesday, March 30, 2021, 21:13:41 »

I think the immediate calls for a replacement have subsided - but I would doubt many would be in support of a second season in any circumstances. I’ve been a critic, but would gladly be proved wrong if he somehow keeps us up.
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #759 on: Tuesday, March 30, 2021, 22:57:25 »

One or two defeats will soon herald a return to the calls for JS to be replaced by Joey Barton, Sam Ricketts et al.

Nothing to see here
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #760 on: Wednesday, March 31, 2021, 01:34:00 »

I'd still happily pack his bags for him, does that help?
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #761 on: Wednesday, March 31, 2021, 03:35:34 »

I think everyone has accepted he’s here to the bitter end now.

If Power is still here, though, the chances are he’ll keep him on.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #762 on: Wednesday, March 31, 2021, 06:51:11 »

Say what you like. The last few games he’s got results with some really out there box tactics, whether that be lucky or judgement.

Long term, he is not the answer. Short term is extremely questionable too but whilst we are on an upward trajectory no one wants to rock the boat.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #763 on: Wednesday, March 31, 2021, 08:15:05 »

Say what you like. The last few games he’s got results with some really out there box tactics, whether that be lucky or judgement.

Long term, he is not the answer. Short term is extremely questionable too but whilst we are on an upward trajectory no one wants to rock the boat.

Yeah I think you've hit the nail on the head here. I think we just have to make do until the end of the season and give him the support to try and do what he's been paid to do and keep us in league 1. What happens after the season's end? Anyone's guess really, but hopefully a huge overhaul, and quickly (Some hope)

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #764 on: Wednesday, March 31, 2021, 08:55:53 »

Nobody has posted on here because it's blatantly obvious that no matter how bad the results were, unless he walked under his own fruition nothing was going to change, so this thread became irrelivant until either we got a new owner or his contract expires.

Sheridan deserves some credit for making the changes, but apart from putting Iandolo in at CB in a back 3, he has done nothing more than many fans have been suggesting.  Bringing our best player of last season back into the fold and playing more football is hardly out of the box - Iandolo i agree was though.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, March 31, 2021, 10:47:08 by Berniman » Logged

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 ... 60   Go Up
Print
Jump to: