Pages: 1 ... 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 ... 60   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Has he gone yet?  (Read 99698 times)
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #660 on: Tuesday, March 16, 2021, 13:24:29 »

If there are loads of competing claims, I would have thought that they need to be resolved before LP can dispose of his interest in the club.

Equally some being used to create a rather large smokescreen.
The old saying about cornering a Rat comes to mind.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #661 on: Tuesday, March 16, 2021, 14:22:04 »

All cynical stuff aide, I really got the impression that most parties (club staff, local media, fans) felt that Sheridan was done on Saturday afternoon.

...but the two people who probably matter here, Power and Jewell, didn't force the issue or seemingly have any interest in forcing the issue.

I don't think Sheridan said what he did malicously or to potentially swerve difficult questions because those questions *will* come with or without the Advertiser. Sheridan probably thought 'fuck it' at Full-Time and then having slept on it changed his tune.

This issue, again, is the fact that Sheridan is (potentially) being allowed to 'sleep on it' and decide whether he wants to resign or not. This should have been out of his hands weeks/months ago.
Balanced as ever.  

Like Audrey suggests, it's all too late now but the opportunity was there in Dec/Jan and not taken.

Disappointing nevetheless that JS is STILL here after his comments this last Saturday.
skiptotheLouMacari

Ignore
« Reply #662 on: Tuesday, March 16, 2021, 14:28:01 »

I've said before who I know and the relationship to Sheridan.
1. He took the job because he needed a job (his job at Wigan was either week by week or month by month basis therefore not guaranteed) and needed the guaranteed income.
2. He (Sheridan) isn't going to leave because that way there is no severance package, sack me you pay me, or I'll stay regardless. He doesn't have many other options his style and ability are some what lacking and as a result it is reflected on potential job offers or lack there of.
3. Power isn't prepared to take/accept any offer until he knows what league we're in next season. A form of roulette because if we go down so does the stock value of the club, but by some miracle we stay up the value remains. However is there a middle ground figure he would accept, who knows.

Sheridan will not walk away. The new owners, he knows won't keep him and Power can't afford to sack him.
Harrogate on a Tuesday night anyone?

Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #663 on: Tuesday, March 16, 2021, 14:43:06 »

Sheridan will not walk away. The new owners, he knows won't keep him and Power can't afford to sack him.
Harrogate on a Tuesday night anyone?

It wouldn't cost much to sack him, even if contracted to end of June it would only be £20-30k tops which is nothing in comparison to the value loss of a relegation.  It's just a bizarre decision to keep him unless the takeover is imminent.

After this pointless season I'm chomping at the bit to go to Harrogate - bring it on!!!!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #664 on: Tuesday, March 16, 2021, 14:51:44 »

FOOTBALL : Manager John Sheridan staying at @Official_STFC “I just don’t want to leave something I feel I still can turn around…feel as though I’m letting them (Lee Power/Paul Jewell) and the supporters down” – TALK OF THE TOWN later #stfc
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #665 on: Tuesday, March 16, 2021, 14:54:11 »

It wouldn't cost much to sack him, even if contracted to end of June it would only be £20-30k tops which is nothing in comparison to the value loss of a relegation.  It's just a bizarre decision to keep him unless the takeover is imminent.
Its not just the £30k wages, its that plus another £30k to replace him in new manager wages.

For a club that is watching every penny and an owner that probably wont care if we are in L1 or L2 next season means we wont get rid of him until Power has left the building.

Power will not fork out £60k+ just to sack him.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #666 on: Tuesday, March 16, 2021, 14:55:24 »

Its not just the £30k wages, its that plus another £30k to replace him in new manager wages.
Not if they appoint an interim from existing coaching staff.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #667 on: Tuesday, March 16, 2021, 15:01:08 »

FOOTBALL : Manager John Sheridan staying at @Official_STFC “I just don’t want to leave something I feel I still can turn around…feel as though I’m letting them (Lee Power/Paul Jewell) and the supporters down” – TALK OF THE TOWN later #stfc
He's clearly trolling with that supporters comment, he's never once given a shit about us!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #668 on: Tuesday, March 16, 2021, 15:05:19 »

the feeling is mutual.

I'm gutted he's 100% staying
Cowley38

Ignore
« Reply #669 on: Tuesday, March 16, 2021, 15:06:14 »

That's L2 next season then!
Lethbridge70

Ignore
« Reply #670 on: Tuesday, March 16, 2021, 15:10:55 »

League 2 pretty much confirmed now that Sheridan is confirmed as staying.This will suit Power massively,as running a budget in that league is more to his liking.He will hang around now whilst the court case plays out and we will flirt with a squad that struggles to stay in the football league.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #671 on: Tuesday, March 16, 2021, 15:11:48 »

That's L2 next season then!
The horror of more Power/Sheridan is way worse than a stint in L2 with new owners/hope/manager.

Bring it on!
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #672 on: Tuesday, March 16, 2021, 15:12:19 »

I don't think he's trolling us.

The reverse in fact.

JS is not going to get another EFL manager's job.  At 56 and with 3  lean years on the trot,  he's on the scarpheap at that level.  

If it's going to cost him or Power, why would JS take the hit?

Decency, yes.  And he should've done this.

But to suggest he is trolling the fans.  What can he say.  I'm useless.  We are already relegated.  But I need the dosh for my family and retirement?

This is Power's doing
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #673 on: Tuesday, March 16, 2021, 15:12:47 »

But it could yet be a stint in League 2 with Sheridan and Power
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #674 on: Tuesday, March 16, 2021, 15:14:31 »

Then he’ll get less for the club when he sells it.

Power is many things - stupid isn’t one of them.
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 ... 60   Go Up
Print
Jump to: