Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 ... 60   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Has he gone yet?  (Read 98966 times)
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #585 on: Monday, March 15, 2021, 12:20:28 »

We've become a laughing stock and are shortly hoping to be replaced in league one by our two little neigbours from Gloucestershire😀
And then they will both struggle next season. Their success sums up football in COVID times, you lose the advantage that you get with larger crowds (both financially and atmosphere) and gives a massive advantage to non entities like the Vegans and Cheltenham who get crowds of between 1k and 2k. Salford should be in that boat as well but Wellens is doing his best to ensure they miss out!
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #586 on: Monday, March 15, 2021, 12:23:43 »

And then they will both struggle next season. Their success sums up football in COVID times, you lose the advantage that you get with larger crowds (both financially and atmosphere) and gives a massive advantage to non entities like the Vegans and Cheltenham who get crowds of between 1k and 2k. Salford should be in that boat as well but Wellens is doing his best to ensure they miss out!

At lest if they struggle next season they will go down playing football and without all the shenanigans we've had to put up with!

So, give no fucks
Panda Paws

« Reply #587 on: Monday, March 15, 2021, 12:27:00 »

This is an absolute state. Listened to the post match lspodcast last night, and matey is spot on about how rotten the club is. Cheerful listen.

I wish I was wrong, I can assure you.

We're so far behind what a modern, progressive community-focused lower league club should and could be. 30 years behind.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #588 on: Monday, March 15, 2021, 12:28:21 »

This is an absolute state. Listened to the post match lspodcast last night, and matey is spot on about how rotten the club is. Cheerful listen.
The club is rottent to the core now.

Power sees the club as nothing more than a money making exercise, he is playing a bidding war to raise the amunt he can now get after paying off Standing/Power/Black, denying there is any bid from Clem and stating that he has no more money (which is blatantly a lie) as he is just refusing to put any money into the club knowing he won't be owner for that much longer.

Sheridan is here because he is close mates with Power, again despite what he says. He has trolled the fans with his pathetic post match interview on Saturday, looking for sympathy, which he got - yet having no intention of leaving of his own accord as that means he will lose his last football related income as I doubt he will get another manager gig after this absolute shambles.

The ground is in a state of disrepair and will need money thrown at it before we get fans back in, off the pitch we are in a mess with Power seemingly refusing to invest anything into the staff/upkeep etc.

It seems pretty obvious that Wellens could see this happening hence his Northern Ratty body left the ship before it sunk.

I don't think for 1 minute that Power is deliberately running the club into the ground so we get relegated as surely it will be less appealing to future buyers if we are in a lower league and probably the sale figure would be considerably less.

Come on Lee Power come clean and just let the club sale go through before we are confirmed as relegated so we can get rid of this dinosaur managing us, before its too late.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #589 on: Monday, March 15, 2021, 12:30:02 »

Excellent pots JJ Clap Clap

So, give no fucks
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #590 on: Monday, March 15, 2021, 12:36:42 »

I wish I was wrong, I can assure you.

We're so far behind what a modern, progressive community-focused lower league club should and could be. 30 years behind.

I thought you were spot on all the way through.

I had a particular soapy tit wank monent when you were asked about the Camp signing - and responded with ‘dont give a shit’
Panda Paws

« Reply #591 on: Monday, March 15, 2021, 12:37:34 »

For me, as I said in the pod, every single department of the club is under-gunned and under-resourced. Take the footballing side out of the equation, it's an SME with c. £5m revenue. Run it like a business.

Have a creative, modern, forward-thinking commercial department, sales department, marketing department, media department. Doesn't need to be expensive.

Have long-term strategic aims. Have a corporate culture. Have a KPI structure and a performance management structure. Have a mission statement.

Just run the business like a modern business.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #592 on: Monday, March 15, 2021, 12:39:14 »

Isn't part of the problem that Jed contracted out the catering deal which means CentrePlate or whatever they're called profit from events more than the club? Not excusing Power and there's plenty that could be done but hands are tied in some areas.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #593 on: Monday, March 15, 2021, 12:43:41 »

You have to remember that almost every businesses Power has been involved in have either gone bust or have had every pip squeezed out of them, leaving only a husk.

STFC is no different and it was always going to end thus.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #594 on: Monday, March 15, 2021, 12:45:01 »

The club is rottent to the core now.

Power sees the club as nothing more than a money making exercise, he is playing a bidding war to raise the amunt he can now get after paying off Standing/Power/Black, denying there is any bid from Clem and stating that he has no more money (which is blatantly a lie) as he is just refusing to put any money into the club knowing he won't be owner for that much longer.

Sheridan is here because he is close mates with Power, again despite what he says. He has trolled the fans with his pathetic post match interview on Saturday, looking for sympathy, which he got - yet having no intention of leaving of his own accord as that means he will lose his last football related income as I doubt he will get another manager gig after this absolute shambles.

The ground is in a state of disrepair and will need money thrown at it before we get fans back in, off the pitch we are in a mess with Power seemingly refusing to invest anything into the staff/upkeep etc.

It seems pretty obvious that Wellens could see this happening hence his Northern Ratty body left the ship before it sunk.

I don't think for 1 minute that Power is deliberately running the club into the ground so we get relegated as surely it will be less appealing to future buyers if we are in a lower league and probably the sale figure would be considerably less.

Come on Lee Power come clean and just let the club sale go through before we are confirmed as relegated so we can get rid of this dinosaur managing us, before its too late.

Word for word spot on.
Panda Paws

« Reply #595 on: Monday, March 15, 2021, 12:45:21 »

Isn't part of the problem that Jed contracted out the catering deal which means CentrePlate or whatever they're called profit from events more than the club? Not excusing Power and there's plenty that could be done but hands are tied in some areas.

That's one tiny element of running a football club.

flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #596 on: Monday, March 15, 2021, 12:52:20 »

For me, as I said in the pod, every single department of the club is under-gunned and under-resourced. Take the footballing side out of the equation, it's an SME with c. £5m revenue. Run it like a business.

Have a creative, modern, forward-thinking commercial department, sales department, marketing department, media department. Doesn't need to be expensive.

Have long-term strategic aims. Have a corporate culture. Have a KPI structure and a performance management structure. Have a mission statement.

Just run the business like a modern business.

Didn't realise it was you! But yeah top podding and spot on throughout,
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #597 on: Monday, March 15, 2021, 13:02:17 »

Panda's "I don't give a shit" made me spit my beer out.

Lost of head nodding to that pod, sadly.
Crackity Jones

« Reply #598 on: Monday, March 15, 2021, 13:16:52 »

I really enjoy the post match pods. I find them quite cathartic after watching the crap Sheridan dishes up week after week. I usually find myself in complete agreement.  This week's in particular was a joy. Especially the Lee Camp remarks.  I am a bit disappointed we have signed Lee. Nothing to do with his ability but I was kind of hoping to see a few more keepers this season.

Keep up the good work Panda
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #599 on: Monday, March 15, 2021, 13:30:40 »

I have heard the catering deal has been voided since lockdown and cancelled.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 ... 60   Go Up
Print
Jump to: