Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 ... 60   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Has he gone yet?  (Read 98896 times)
jimbob

Ignore
« Reply #510 on: Sunday, March 14, 2021, 08:13:12 »

If Sheridan was walking down the street I wouldn’t condone it. However, Sheridan was still at the ground, has been acting like a cunt since he’s been here and the fans have zero voice currently so it’s difficult to be too critical.

Very much this.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #511 on: Sunday, March 14, 2021, 08:14:20 »

It shouldn’t be Sheridan’s decision to make - Power should have done this weeks ago.

This run of 4 defeats in a row isn’t any worse than what we’ve had before this season, so you’ve got to ask - why now.

It all seems to be coming to a head. News of Clem taking over with his comment of ‘restructuring management’ may have made it abundantly clear to Sheridan that he’s got no future and has decided to jump before being pushed.

The other option is that his comments yesterday may be yet another 2 fingered salute to the fans and he’s just taking the piss.

The silence and pressure on Power now building.
Nowhere to hide and of Steve Anderson, nothing just nothing. Complete contempt to the paying Customer.
The biggest positive to come out of this week is virtually every Swindon fan will at last have a better view of Lee Power.s intentions of this football club - in it “100% for the money.”

My immediate concern is Power begging Sheridan to stay to deflect the focus from him.
Meanwhile his attention is all about maximising what else he can take before his final days as the walls close in on his underground business dealings.

What a sad state of affairs we are in.
Not renewing my season tickets or any more Corporate support until Power is gone. I think a fair few others have also made that decision.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #512 on: Sunday, March 14, 2021, 10:56:41 »

The silence and pressure on Power now building.
Nowhere to hide and of Steve Anderson, nothing just nothing. Complete contempt to the paying Customer.
The biggest positive to come out of this week is virtually every Swindon fan will at last have a better view of Lee Power.s intentions of this football club - in it “100% for the money.”

My immediate concern is Power begging Sheridan to stay to deflect the focus from him.
Meanwhile his attention is all about maximising what else he can take before his final days as the walls close in on his underground business dealings.

What a sad state of affairs we are in.
Not renewing my season tickets or any more Corporate support until Power is gone. I think a fair few others have also made that decision.

Very much this.
Flashheart

« Reply #513 on: Sunday, March 14, 2021, 11:06:22 »

Hoping to hear from BBC wilts and what they understand today.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #514 on: Sunday, March 14, 2021, 11:06:37 »

Lets hope Sheridan does walk and Wright follow him out the door, and Monday Alan Mac & Lee Peacock are asked to take the 1st team until further notice.

I cant see how Power could appoint any new manager with a takeover in the offing (maybe), it would need Clems buy in to appoint the new manager and I don't think there is time to be messing about.

Problem is now Clem has released the details in public you can see Power digging in his heels and sticking 2 fingers up to Clem, after all he did make him go to court to get his 15%.

My fear is Power ignores Clems offer, and tells Sheridan he still has confidence in him to keep us up or gives the job to Wright.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #515 on: Sunday, March 14, 2021, 11:14:23 »

I think Power and Sheridan just want to get out of Dodge now. There’s nothing left for either of them.

Dragging it out won’t do anybody any good.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #516 on: Sunday, March 14, 2021, 11:14:50 »

If Sheridan does stay on you sense it could make him ill as he's been through a lot in his personal life which seems to be reflecting in his decision making and the way he seems to be reacting with certain players and snapping at the media. If he's not careful he could end up having a breakdown so it may be within his interest to step away from football in general for a whil irrespective whether power begs him to stay as it's only going to get worse st the club before it gets better. As for options you make a good point about appointing Peacock & Alan Mac or you could try and get someone like Holloway in for the remaining 11 games just like we did with Paul Hart.

So, give no fucks
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #517 on: Sunday, March 14, 2021, 11:40:41 »

If Sheridan does stay on you sense it could make him ill as he's been through a lot in his personal life which seems to be reflecting in his decision making and the way he seems to be reacting with certain players and snapping at the media. If he's not careful he could end up having a breakdown so it may be within his interest to step away from football in general for a whil irrespective whether power begs him to stay as it's only going to get worse st the club before it gets better. As for options you make a good point about appointing Peacock & Alan Mac or you could try and get someone like Holloway in for the remaining 11 games just like we did with Paul Hart.

there is a whole lot of assumptions in that. no one knows the guy personally on here, he might be coping absolutely fine with his personal life and might just be making terrible decisions because he has been doing it since he walked in
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #518 on: Sunday, March 14, 2021, 11:41:23 »

Just my opinion of course and I don't claim to be an expert. he might be coping fine but then again he may not be.
« Last Edit: Sunday, March 14, 2021, 11:45:01 by Jimmy Quinn » Logged

So, give no fucks
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #519 on: Sunday, March 14, 2021, 12:16:58 »

Surely to come out with the comments he did so soon after the game this was not a spur of the moment thing. He had obviously contemplated this for some time, so the question is, if he's serious about his future, why didn't he just walk  ??.  Another Sheridan Wind up ??.
« Last Edit: Sunday, March 14, 2021, 12:22:19 by swindonmaniac » Logged

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #520 on: Sunday, March 14, 2021, 12:21:55 »

still here?

damn
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #521 on: Sunday, March 14, 2021, 12:31:27 »

Just out of interest - is power allowed to sell? Had a feeling there was something in the court case which blocked selling of the club.
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #522 on: Sunday, March 14, 2021, 12:45:10 »

There was, there must be a way to get around that though.  All parties agree to sell then argue over who is owed what after.  Can't imagine Standing/Barry/whoever else are too keen on holding on to any stake they do or do not have in the club.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #523 on: Sunday, March 14, 2021, 12:47:09 »

I have to say it would be great if JS made the decision to resign himself.  For the fans, obviously but also to help turn the spotlight more revealingly onto the source of our problems, namely Lee Power, as well as for his own self respect.

Whilst I share the criticisms made of his management style and coaching, I believe the disrespect he has been shown has often been excessive.  In the way that it has spilled over from critique and frustration at his performance into quite personal vilification.  I think we can agree that his man management methods have been antiquated and disruptive and his coaching and tactics negative and unhelpful.

However, he has been 40 years now in the professional game with nearly 20 in management.  His management methods were likely never innovative.  20 years on, they are now antiquated.  BUT.  His methods have "worked" in all but the most recent times.  He has won the odd promotion and indeed play off spots as well as having steered struggling clubs to safety - as well as THAT Johnstone's Paints Trophy at Wembley.  He has done all of this with clubs even less reckonable than ourselves, Argyle aside.

My view is that he has been struggling for 3 or so years now.  He was certainly a square peg in a round hole here.  That will likely have helped pressage STFC's exit from this League and his own exit from management at this level.  3 or so years of failure for a manager in his late 50s is obviously a stressful personal situation, never mind the double bereavements.  I see no reason why he should not leave now, with his head held high, if he does so assuming responsibility for his own departure.  IMO, he's had a very decent career and will hopefully be able to look forward to different and better things.

As might STFC, once Lee Power is also out of the way.  Power could have removed Sheridan in January but didn't.  Sheridan would understandably have had a belief that he could bring about a rescue then.

« Last Edit: Sunday, March 14, 2021, 12:49:21 by RedRag » Logged
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #524 on: Sunday, March 14, 2021, 12:49:00 »

I understood the injunction essentially prevents any sale etc of 50% of the shares of the holding company or any dealings in the assets without Standing's consent. He doesn't have to consent.

Nothing to see here
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 ... 60   Go Up
Print
Jump to: