Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 ... 60   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Has he gone yet?  (Read 98990 times)
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #405 on: Sunday, February 28, 2021, 14:23:12 »

Sadly, they are on a level that STFC is unlikely reach unless there is a substantial change in the club's fortunes.

I understand that other posters in the know consider that there are a number of suitors (of some means) who want to acquire STFC over any of the other struggling lower league clubs.  As someone who isn't in the know, I can't see it - but I hope to be surprised.

Nothing to see here
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #406 on: Sunday, February 28, 2021, 14:23:20 »

Whilst that is true, it’s the wrong way round. They got a billionaire owner then they kicked on.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #407 on: Sunday, February 28, 2021, 14:32:01 »

Whilst that is true, it’s the wrong way round. They got a billionaire owner then they kicked on.

Yes it all changed after 82

So, give no fucks
REDBUCK

« Reply #408 on: Sunday, February 28, 2021, 16:05:35 »

Spot on and as much as I hate to say it Bristol City are a well run club who got lucky with a billionaire owner

Interesting that you think they are a well run club, they have a section of supporters who think Lansdown has spent 20 years wasting his money on non football club things, not been ambitious enough in choice of manager, rubbish players etc, the list is long.

In fact up until Pearson was appointed there was talk that he should sell up. Pearson and two wins and all is forgotton.  Cheesy

Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #409 on: Sunday, February 28, 2021, 16:13:41 »

Interesting that you think they are a well run club, they have a section of supporters who think Lansdown has spent 20 years wasting his money on non football club things, not been ambitious enough in choice of manager, rubbish players etc, the list is long.

In fact up until Pearson was appointed there was talk that he should sell up. Pearson and two wins and all is forgotton.  Cheesy

I would have said the same way before Pearson was appointed and during their losing run. Yes he has prioritised Bristol Bears over recent seasons but looking at their infrastructure, finances and fanbase they have definitely been under achieving

So, give no fucks
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #410 on: Sunday, February 28, 2021, 16:17:23 »

You have to question why they underachieve, with the size of the support, setup and finances. I blame the fans.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #411 on: Sunday, February 28, 2021, 16:31:34 »

I blame the Sheridactyl
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #412 on: Sunday, February 28, 2021, 16:32:22 »

Would be nice if we had crowds to sing "He's a Dinosaur" to the theme of Jurasic Park.
REDBUCK

« Reply #413 on: Sunday, February 28, 2021, 16:36:39 »

It doesn't matter whose to blame, watching the annual angst is the fun bit.

Sadly they might have stumbled on a solution with Pearson. Hopefully they'll miss out again and Pearson gets a premiership gig.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #414 on: Sunday, February 28, 2021, 16:49:42 »

It doesn't matter whose to blame, watching the annual angst is the fun bit.

Sadly they might have stumbled on a solution with Pearson. Hopefully they'll miss out again and Pearson gets a premiership gig.

Or Pearson loses his temper in the dressing room

So, give no fucks
REDBUCK

« Reply #415 on: Sunday, February 28, 2021, 17:19:13 »

Or Pearson loses his temper in the dressing room

There's money on who does it first, Pearson or Barton from over the river.  Cheesy  Cheesy
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #416 on: Sunday, February 28, 2021, 18:01:13 »

There's money on who does it first, Pearson or Barton from over the river.  Cheesy  Cheesy

Both have history of it😀

So, give no fucks
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #417 on: Monday, March 1, 2021, 13:07:01 »

I cant believe I am reading people advocating that if Sheridan keeps us up then he should be given a go next season.

We are traditionally a club that likes to play football not hoofball, if he keeps us up well done he has done what he was brought into do and he can walk away with his nice little bonus in his back pocket and wait for the next club that needs someone with the tactics of a dinosaur for the fans to dislike.

Hopefully whatever division we are in we can appoint a young up and coming manager, we need to remember we will be used as a stepping stone until ownership is resolved, but the only way he (or she) can move on is if they gain success and get noticed and talked about, like Ritchie did.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #418 on: Monday, March 1, 2021, 13:12:55 »

I cant believe I am reading people advocating that if Sheridan keeps us up then he should be given a go next season.

We are traditionally a club that likes to play football not hoofball, if he keeps us up well done he has done what he was brought into do and he can walk away with his nice little bonus in his back pocket and wait for the next club that needs someone with the tactics of a dinosaur for the fans to dislike.

Hopefully whatever division we are in we can appoint a young up and coming manager, we need to remember we will be used as a stepping stone until ownership is resolved, but the only way he (or she) can move on is if they gain success and get noticed and talked about, like Ritchie did.
100% this.

Pretty much all of the people backing Sheridactyl and suggesting he is given longer have a history of being deliberately obtuse and posting just for a reaction, which they have got.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #419 on: Monday, March 1, 2021, 13:30:25 »

Usual suspects, too. Fucking deadheads.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 ... 60   Go Up
Print
Jump to: