Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 ... 60   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Has he gone yet?  (Read 98924 times)
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #360 on: Friday, February 12, 2021, 16:10:55 »

I agree. Almost beyond caring and am finding it slightly amusing watching how bad JJ is perishing.
I will still pay for the match on Saturday as I like to think that some of the money I pay will trickle into keeping the club afloat. I have made my peace with us being relegated and just hope that we will have a club to support next season.
Cowley38

Ignore
« Reply #361 on: Friday, February 12, 2021, 16:31:54 »

Pitman, Payne and Thompson is my bet

Correct!!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #362 on: Friday, February 12, 2021, 16:46:41 »

Correct!!

oops.

I wonder if that wsa accidental ...
« Last Edit: Friday, February 12, 2021, 16:49:55 by Batch » Logged
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #363 on: Friday, February 12, 2021, 17:06:48 »

It's actually funny now how many different and creative ways the Sheridactyl is finding to weaken his squad.

He's the Black Knight, isn't he.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #364 on: Friday, February 12, 2021, 18:20:46 »

Correct!!

Not surprised if true, if that cunt had been on my case for a whole 90 minutes i wouldnt fucking bother either.
Cowley38

Ignore
« Reply #365 on: Friday, February 12, 2021, 19:08:41 »

oops.

I wonder if that wsa accidental ...

Thompson may be the next to return to his parent club..
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #366 on: Friday, February 12, 2021, 19:52:50 »

I agree. Almost beyond caring and am finding it slightly amusing watching how bad JJ is perishing.
I will still pay for the match on Saturday as I like to think that some of the money I pay will trickle into keeping the club afloat. I have made my peace with us being relegated and just hope that we will have a club to support next season.

This.
Keep watching each game and thinking just imagine driving all over the Country having to watch this shit show because I would be as daft as I am.
Small mercy I guess.
Just waiting for us to bottom out and we will but we will continue to drop for a while yet unfortunately thus it’s all about conditioning the mind.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #367 on: Friday, February 12, 2021, 20:02:15 »

It makes you wonder what us long serving STFC fans have done in a previous life as we've suffered more than most over the last 30+ years with the odd good time thrown in which is normally short lived!

So, give no fucks
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #368 on: Friday, February 12, 2021, 20:04:28 »

That’s bollocks. As an historical lower league club we’ve had some fantastic years being Town fans.

The majority of our current peers have achieved the square root of fuck all.
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #369 on: Friday, February 12, 2021, 20:05:00 »

Perhaps it's better to have highs and lows rather than a sustained periodic of mediocrity.

Nothing to see here
Flashheart

« Reply #370 on: Friday, February 12, 2021, 20:14:47 »

That’s bollocks. As an historical lower league club we’ve had some fantastic years being Town fans.

Absolutely.

We're fucking illustrious compared to many around us, and that's no exaggeration. We're a lower league Barcelona.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #371 on: Friday, February 12, 2021, 20:18:42 »

Yeah we've had some awful times too which our rivals won't let us forget about

So, give no fucks
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #372 on: Friday, February 12, 2021, 20:21:32 »

Sadly this is the problem we have. We are Swindon Town not FGR or Cheltenham.
We have lowered our dreams and aspirations. Million miles from where we should be.
We were bigger than Reading when I started and have been left behind by clubs like Barnsley and Reading to name two.
Unfortunately if mismanagement behind the scenes was a measure of success we would be Premier League.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #373 on: Saturday, February 13, 2021, 08:11:25 »

Di Canio Cup feats apart, the only achievements over the last 25 years have been promotions from tier 4.  There have been one or two good seasons and some great football and footballers to enjoy but any club will manage that.  

Whilst Tier 2 was punching above our weight (yet regarded as normal by many at the time), we should have been a tier 3 club to be reckoned with and at least aiming higher.

But as JBZ observes, the [occasional] ups and [frequent] downs may beat mediocrity.

Until recently I've been open-minded about Power but I hold him, far, far more than anyone else, responsible for our present predicament.  I have always said that the time to judge him would be at the time of his departure.  The fat lady seems now to be waiting in the wings.
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #374 on: Saturday, February 13, 2021, 10:22:41 »

My approach to being a Town fan is similar to that of Capt Speirs in Band of Brothers. It makes it easier to deal with the bad times.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 ... 60   Go Up
Print
Jump to: