Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 ... 60   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Has he gone yet?  (Read 99436 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #330 on: Friday, February 12, 2021, 10:24:50 »

I agree, a good side dismantled in a matter of 3 weeks.

M.Smith & DJ going basically took away all our creativity.
Brett, Brett, Brett Pitman, Brett Pitman is not the type of striker to create something out of nothing.
We have no attacking threat.

The Ipswich game (where we looked decent) seems along time ago and was this season 4-2 win away at Charlton on Sky where we looked decent then sold our two best players Morrison and Austin.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #331 on: Friday, February 12, 2021, 10:54:00 »

M.Smith & DJ going basically took away all our creativity.
Brett, Brett, Brett Pitman, Brett Pitman is not the type of striker to create something out of nothing.
We have no attacking threat.
Brett is a "goal hanger" in old school terms, a role which can be great if played to its strengths....and therein lies the problem.

Pitman has lost any pace he had but can still jump a bit but we persist in playing long balls to him, when thats not his game, it also doesn't compliment our team at all either. He does know where the goal is though when you get balls to him in the box.

We need players bombing down the wings getting crosses in for him, even if we persit on playing 451 as we seem to lately then stick Twine or Omotoye sat in just behind him in case of loose balls. Get Garrick wide right getting crosses in and Thompson going down the left, add Caddis on the right to support Garrick.

That way we could get Grant and Missilou sat in front of the back 4 breaking up play and starting moves, but keeping the ball on the deck down the wings which is what suits of players as we have pace there even if not bags of ability.

I think Grant and Caddis need to patch up any disagreements between them and the manager and lets see how Grant performs alongside another holding midfielder Missilou, it may lack creativity but all they need to do is cover the defence and start moves by passing to players who can creat things (even if Sheridan has done his best to get rid of those type players).

Woolacott
Caddis   Odimayo  Conroy   Thompson
            Missilou      Grant
Garrick                                Payne/Hope
                  Twine/Omotoye
                  Pitman

I can't help thinking though with J Smith, DJ, Travers and M Smith that side would look like a decent L1 side still rather than a decent L2 side which we may be.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
river monster

Ignore
« Reply #332 on: Friday, February 12, 2021, 11:04:40 »

I quite like that team. Only change I'd make is I'd give Caddis a go where Garrick is and put Hunt at RB..
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #333 on: Friday, February 12, 2021, 11:05:24 »

Brett is a "goal hanger" in old school terms, a role which can be great if played to its strengths....and therein lies the problem.

Pitman has lost any pace he had but can still jump a bit but we persist in playing long balls to him, when thats not his game, it also doesn't compliment our team at all either. He does know where the goal is though when you get balls to him in the box.

We need players bombing down the wings getting crosses in for him, even if we persit on playing 451 as we seem to lately then stick Twine or Omotoye sat in just behind him in case of loose balls. Get Garrick wide right getting crosses in and Thompson going down the left, add Caddis on the right to support Garrick.

That way we could get Grant and Missilou sat in front of the back 4 breaking up play and starting moves, but keeping the ball on the deck down the wings which is what suits of players as we have pace there even if not bags of ability.

I think Grant and Caddis need to patch up any disagreements between them and the manager and lets see how Grant performs alongside another holding midfielder Missilou, it may lack creativity but all they need to do is cover the defence and start moves by passing to players who can creat things (even if Sheridan has done his best to get rid of those type players).

Woolacott
Caddis   Odimayo  Conroy   Thompson
            Missilou      Grant
Garrick                                Payne/Hope
                  Twine/Omotoye
                  Pitman

I can't help thinking though with J Smith, DJ, Travers and M Smith that side would look like a decent L1 side still rather than a decent L2 side which we may be.

Not really up to them, its up to the bloke who appears able to fall out with just about anyone!

Do we have any members who live near the Memorial Ground who may be able to deliver a message to Sheridan tomorrow whilst undertaking their essential exercise?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #334 on: Friday, February 12, 2021, 11:44:46 »

Woolacott
Caddis   Odimayo  Conroy   Thompson
            Missilou      Grant
Garrick                                Payne/Hope
                  Twine/Omotoye
                  Pitman

Brett, Brett, Brett Pitman, Brett Pitman would have thrived in a team with JPM or Zaaboub out wide.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #335 on: Friday, February 12, 2021, 12:02:27 »

Been saying for a while, we have (or at least had) a decent enough squad, certainly enough to consolidate in mid table, it's just the way they are being used that is the problem.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #336 on: Friday, February 12, 2021, 12:07:21 »

Woolacott
Caddis   Odimayo  Conroy   Thompson
            Missilou      Grant
Garrick                                Payne/Hope
                  Twine/Omotoye
                  Pitman

Thompson & Iandolo could be a good combination down the left?
Not sure what Ellis would make of the cries of "Smithy, Jonny Smith, what you doing, get it into the fookin box" echoing down the touchline.

As you say, Pitman could thrive with crosses coming in from the byline but we don't anywhere near doing that at the moment.
Instead we get the familiar sight of Pitman's signature move as yet another ball fails to get beyond the first man.
The pained expression and small skip of frustration with both hands held out wide before assuming the familiar slouch formation.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #337 on: Friday, February 12, 2021, 13:11:33 »

Love these sound bites from today's press conf:

I've managed for 15 years, i'm not a bad manager. One relegation in 15 years. I manage the way i manage. I don't have to change for people. They need to grow up. People might not agree with it. Players enjoy playing under me because i'm honest. If i'm not honest, i'm not being myself.

Do i think i should be sacked? No, because the chairman trusts me and i'm here for the fight.

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #338 on: Friday, February 12, 2021, 13:13:51 »

There will be so many managers who get sacked before their team get relegated therefore avoid it on their CV. It’s such false economy.

Paul Bodin has a Swindon relegation on his CV with but Wilson and Hart don’t...
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #339 on: Friday, February 12, 2021, 13:14:00 »

Do i think i should be sacked? No, because the chairman trusts me and i'm here for the fight.
That last one's a bit of a daft question tbh, what did they expect him to say "Yes, I've had a right shitter, can't believe I'm still in a job"?
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #340 on: Friday, February 12, 2021, 13:14:41 »

Here is the first three revolting Wink

Sheridan on Bristol Rovers:

"We had a video showing players the Bristol game and what they should expect and three of the players were late.

I regard that as a disciplinary matter and it has affected my team selection for tomorrow. They should know the importance of the game."
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #341 on: Friday, February 12, 2021, 13:24:58 »

Caddis

‘If I become a manager myself then there is something you take from everybody, and I will take a lot from John Sheridan as well."

Yeah, how not to do things. Take over now for God’s sake.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #342 on: Friday, February 12, 2021, 13:29:05 »

Here is the first three revolting Wink

Sheridan on Bristol Rovers:

"We had a video showing players the Bristol game and what they should expect and three of the players were late.

I regard that as a disciplinary matter and it has affected my team selection for tomorrow. They should know the importance of the game."
I notice he said the 3 would have been starting tomorrow, good excuse for him to throw Curran into the starting line up I'm sure!
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #343 on: Friday, February 12, 2021, 13:35:16 »

Who do we reckon then
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #344 on: Friday, February 12, 2021, 13:36:03 »

Jonny Smith, Matt Smith & Travers.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 ... 60   Go Up