Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 ... 60   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Has he gone yet?  (Read 99405 times)
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #270 on: Tuesday, February 9, 2021, 22:25:54 »

Does he even care that he looks a complete whopper blanking interviews and press conferences only to re emerge a few days later or after a rare win.

I'm hoping we've heard our last words of pre historic wisdom but wont get too excited.
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #271 on: Tuesday, February 9, 2021, 22:26:52 »

Or drink. (Allegedly)

tbf you'd be stupid to use your phone whilst drink driving, just increasing your chances of getting pulled up.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #272 on: Tuesday, February 9, 2021, 22:30:28 »

I assume that's still parked ineffectually on the edge of our box isn't it?

Or the cliff in the Italian Job?
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #273 on: Tuesday, February 9, 2021, 22:36:51 »

Perhaps the petition did the trick after all.

Nothing to see here
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #274 on: Tuesday, February 9, 2021, 22:37:06 »

Actually, you could take the audio from Sheridan today and play it to film of the team finding their spots and getting sorted on the bus, would probably work quite well.  "Payney, where the fuck are you going?"

"Get forward" - as Palmer tries to work his way to the back of the bus

"Catch it, fucking catch it" as Sheridan chucks some snacks at Travers

"you're not fucking there" Sheridan gets angry as Payne tries to take the front passenger seat by the door

You could pull together a good 30 minute sketch show from it.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #275 on: Tuesday, February 9, 2021, 22:49:47 »

I've worked out who he sounded like. He sounded exactly like TBBM, the miserable sod in the stand who doesn't really seem to understand what he's watching, never offers the team any encouragement, only unhelpful criticism, but just needs this opportunity to stand and shout his frustration into the wind once a week to relieve the misery of his failed life.

You know, the bloke you finally turn round to after 70 minutes and tell to shut the fuck up. Like Dominic Thompson did.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #276 on: Wednesday, February 10, 2021, 00:43:51 »

Does he even care that he looks a complete whopper blanking interviews and press conferences only to re emerge a few days later or after a rare win.

I'm hoping we've heard our last words of pre historic wisdom but wont get too excited.

+10

Purely just for the use of the word "whopper". Fantastic. Haven't heard that one used in a good while. Kudos indeed Hans.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #277 on: Wednesday, February 10, 2021, 09:22:57 »

It has to be today, doesn’t it?

He’s on a contract until the end of the season. There’s virtually no cost.
CMT82

Ignore
« Reply #278 on: Wednesday, February 10, 2021, 09:26:30 »

So, theoretically - he gets sacked/walks (soon).

Who takes over? Jewell & Peacock?

Who would be the realistic external candidates?

Plenty of managers out of work and despite the basket case circumstances, it's still a L1 job and opening for someone.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #279 on: Wednesday, February 10, 2021, 09:30:21 »

You da think it’s today or never. I don’t think it matters muchly who takes over - him going would be a huge lift.

Doubt any manager worth his salt would want to walk into this shit storm - nobody for a 2-3 month stint anyway. Let the season end, take the relegation hit and start from there.

Is there a usual time for these kind of announcements? Grant A tweets ‘he ain’t crying’.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #280 on: Wednesday, February 10, 2021, 09:40:50 »

You da think it’s today or never. I don’t think it matters muchly who takes over - him going would be a huge lift.

Doubt any manager worth his salt would want to walk into this shit storm - nobody for a 2-3 month stint anyway. Let the season end, take the relegation hit and start from there.

Is there a usual time for these kind of announcements? Grant A tweets ‘he ain’t crying’.

I think it really has to be prior to the Rovers game, another team completely devoid of confidence and being setup not to lose.

Get Sheridan out and replace him with anyone internally, perhaps just until the end of the season. Be it Mildy, Peacock, Alan Mac, bring Noel Hunt back in for example. These players must be absolutely shot to pieces playing this kind of anti-football that Sheridan is adopting. Let the new guy come in and take the shackles off of these players, get them playing football again. There is little point in having the attacking threat of Omotoye and Garrick if you are going to totally bypass them all the time. Get them utilised properly, they are here to learn how to play the game FFS. I'm sure the Swansea and Norwich management team must be aghast to see their loanees being utilised so pathetically.

Power has a chance to save our league 1 status by making that call over the next few days. These players need a shot in the arm, getting rid of Sheridan is that boost.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Cowley38

Ignore
« Reply #281 on: Wednesday, February 10, 2021, 09:41:08 »

Thank goodness the Curran thing was either overruled or your source was wrong

edit: not having a go, appreciate the info you post, it's just that is been worrying me since you posted!

Shows how out of touch Sheriden was, he didn't realise Conroy was available until yesterday......

Source has Said virtually all the loanees want to return to parent clubs..
Smith wanted too in January, Thompson not happy he's being told not to play his natural game, Masters on and Travers not happy with Sheridens methods..

Pitman now refusing to talk or listen to Sheriden.....

Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #282 on: Wednesday, February 10, 2021, 09:46:48 »

Shows how out of touch Sheriden was, he didn't realise Conroy was available until yesterday......

Source has Said virtually all the loanees want to return to parent clubs..
Smith wanted too in January, Thompson not happy he's being told not to play his natural game, Masters on and Travers not happy with Sheridens methods..

Pitman now refusing to talk or listen to Sheriden.....

No idea where you get this information from, but this does sound like the old 'losing the dressing room'. Although I sense he probably lost it some time ago.

In a relegation dogfight you want to rely on your experienced players, Hunt, Caddis, Grant etc. Grant is the leader in this side that you need to be with you to scrap and fight for these points, as he did last season when we won the league. To have him as an outcast now is ridiculous.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #283 on: Wednesday, February 10, 2021, 09:47:21 »

Sad to say I would be flabbergasted if he went, can't see Power sacking him and he has shown himself to have no self shame so can't see him walking.

I hope I am wrong!
Crackity Jones

« Reply #284 on: Wednesday, February 10, 2021, 09:50:26 »

Sad to say I would be flabbergasted if he went, can't see Power sacking him and he has shown himself to have no self shame so can't see him walking.

I hope I am wrong!
I can't see him going either. Maybe player power can force the situation?
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 ... 60   Go Up
Print
Jump to: