Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 60   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Has he gone yet?  (Read 99464 times)
Formerly Drummer Boy

Ignore
« Reply #225 on: Saturday, February 6, 2021, 21:51:35 »

Don't know what you're all complaining about Sheridan speaks with common sense, honesty and humility.

I used to be that kid with the drum in the Nationwide and Town End - Be nice to me or I'll tell my Mum Smiley
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #226 on: Saturday, February 6, 2021, 22:29:58 »

Completely this - texted a mate this afternoon that Twine must be delighted he came back from Newport

How many players have got worse the longer he's spent with them? Twine and Thompson's best performances were against Ipswich, where arguably they hadn't had enough time with Sheridan for him to implement his 'tactics'.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #227 on: Saturday, February 6, 2021, 23:03:58 »

The speed at which the proceedings are progressing will have been anticipated by the parties and their lawyers. STFC supporters may have been surprised by the trial window, but LP won't have been.  So, this shouldn't really change LP's thinking.

I think (and it's purely my own thoughts not an ITK representation from the inner thoughts of LP), if Power knows deep down that he will lose his case... surely would it not be "better" for him to delay the process for as long as he possibly can? This may seem counter productive on initial viewing as costs will rise. However, if he hasn't any personal cashflow he likely couldn't afford the costs of a few milk bottle tops right now.

An element of can kicking and a "cry for help" which is why he's done his little public "save us" speech. The longer he drags the case on, the more time he has to find some mugs hustle a new avenue of cash-flow. Which is why he appears to be clamouring (almost embarrassingly so) at claiming the "Americorns" are still interested.

From my view, the trouble is LP has probably always been considered somewhat as a "hot potato" within wealthier circles the issue he has now is that the "potato" is glowing deep cherry red and anyone with at least a couple of brain cells will not want to touch him.

Any deal has to be with him not retaining any involvement whatsoever, Shirley Bassey?

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Flashheart

« Reply #228 on: Sunday, February 7, 2021, 10:28:19 »

Is he still fucking here?
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #229 on: Sunday, February 7, 2021, 11:36:52 »

Think that boat has sailed, FH. The Idontgiveafuckasaurus has been stinking the club out from the time he arrived - any normal owner wouldn’t have employed him in the first place. He won’t sack him now. There’s no upside for Power. Money to pay him off and, tbh, what sort of replacement would we likely get until all the shenanigans have been sorted.

It’s all tied into one thing - new owners. Until then it’s as you were. Most clubs sleepwalk to relegation. We seem to be embracing it on the marching powder!

‘Judge me after 5 years’

Well, you’ve had 7 so just fuck off.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #230 on: Sunday, February 7, 2021, 11:42:45 »

After Pompey & Rovers and possibly/more than likely two more losses can he survive three defeats in a week if the answer is yes then he's here until the end whenever that will be!

So, give no fucks
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #231 on: Sunday, February 7, 2021, 12:53:21 »

Completely this - texted a mate this afternoon that Twine must be delighted he came back from Newport

And I'm sure for this reason he wont sign a new contract, he will be gone in the summer to a side that is prepared to help him develop his game
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #232 on: Sunday, February 7, 2021, 12:53:42 »

he's not going is he 😭
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #233 on: Sunday, February 7, 2021, 12:56:12 »

Interestingly we have been going downhill since 2014-15 with the one blip being promotion last year.

2014-15 - league one 4th
2015-16 - league one 15th
2016-17 - league one 22nd (relegated)
2017-18 - league two 9th
2018-19 - league two 13th
2019-20 - league two 1st (promoted)
2020-21 - league one currently 21st, likely relegated
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
« Reply #234 on: Sunday, February 7, 2021, 13:30:26 »

The first couple of seasons under Power the strategy seemed to be invest in young players like Luongo and Byrne who they could sell on for a decent fee.

With Tactics Tim leaving Spurs the supply of ex Spurs youngsters dried up and after missing out on promotion in 2014/15 it was time to cash out.

You wonder now how much the original strategy was funded by Barry/Standing and as the trust with Power has broken down the funding has dried up.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #235 on: Sunday, February 7, 2021, 14:25:07 »

Looks like very little chance of an extinction level event any time soon.

If it did happen then at least it might indicate a desire by Power to keep the club in this division.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #236 on: Sunday, February 7, 2021, 14:26:00 »

And I'm sure for this reason he wont sign a new contract, he will be gone in the summer to a side that is prepared to help him develop his game
I don't know, he is a local lad and a Town fan apparently so I'm sure he'd like nothing better than to progress and succeed here. Failing that, if he does have to move, could see him signing a Steve Mildenhall-style contract and sign for someone else a day later so the club get some money for him (yes I know they'll get some anyway because he's under 24)
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #237 on: Sunday, February 7, 2021, 18:14:25 »

Did the petition do the trick?

Nothing to see here
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #238 on: Monday, February 8, 2021, 00:18:00 »

Did the petition do the trick?

Yeah, got 100k signatures. The issue will now be raised in Parliament.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Cowley38

Ignore
« Reply #239 on: Monday, February 8, 2021, 10:53:42 »

An already unhappy dressing room not made any better by

Curran already being told by Sheriden he's starting Tuesday..

Was the experienced players who were vocal its now spread to the younger player..

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 60   Go Up
Print
Jump to: