Poll
Question: Under current ownership will you renew?
Yes - 17 (27.9%)
No - 44 (72.1%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Next Years Season Tickets  (Read 24882 times)
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Thursday, March 18, 2021, 12:47:59 »

I can contibute way more than 25% sadness I can tell you

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Thursday, March 18, 2021, 12:49:01 »

I'm torn, over my answer I want to be in the not a penny more camp as I feel they are taking the p1ss with Sheridan staying, Power dragging his feet on selling up

but I feel that I will probably end up getting a ST as I could not imagine not going when we are able to.

But I also feel that if I go for option 1 (and I know it is not registered per person but club wanting an idea of numbers), but if I said I'll renew and they offered a refund of e.g. £40 off a new ST it would annoy me more and push me firmly towards the' not a penny more'.

They need to 'look after' current ST holders, as I'm damn sure there will be no new ST holders signing up until things change, and this is where they get their up front money from.

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Thursday, March 18, 2021, 12:51:34 »

£5 a month will get you a full used bag
Tempting ....
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Thursday, March 18, 2021, 14:22:27 »

If STFC's very survival is in question, as Power has bleated, then where exactly would any season ticket forbearance or renewal monies end up?

Politically, Trust STFC cannot take sides and offer to hold this money in trust, as I think Freddie thought would be nice.  We know we could trust the Trust.

Power is a **** of a man to put season ticket holders/renewers in such a predicament in having to make guesses with their cash, between him and perhaps points deductions/expulsion for STFC itself.  

Matters certainly haven't worked out so well financially for the ****'s co-investors.
digby

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: Thursday, March 18, 2021, 22:48:06 »

Quick question  Hmmm

As a season ticket holder I get to watch the home games on I-Follow, but do you reckon the cost is deducted from your season ticket fee, so would be deducted from any refund/new terms ?

As I don't want to put any more money into Powers pocket,  I'm tempted to not watch any more games, but if it makes no difference I probably would (masochistic tendencies !)  Grin
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Friday, March 19, 2021, 00:19:57 »

If STFC's very survival is in question, as Power has bleated, then where exactly would any season ticket forbearance or renewal monies end up?

Politically, Trust STFC cannot take sides and offer to hold this money in trust, as I think Freddie thought would be nice.  We know we could trust the Trust.

Power is a **** of a man to put season ticket holders/renewers in such a predicament in having to make guesses with their cash, between him and perhaps points deductions/expulsion for STFC itself.  

Matters certainly haven't worked out so well financially for the ****'s co-investors.
That’s the owners problem not ours, if the club goes tits up then he gets nothing either. The club as a whole has treated supporters with nothing but contempt this season so are deserving of anything from supporters and I have zero goodwill towards the club. As you can’t trust where the money is going there is no moral obligation for fans to keep the club going, if the club went bust I wouldn’t feel any guilt or remorse for not giving the club money.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Friday, March 19, 2021, 08:29:00 »

It's a 160 mile round trip for home games and, with work, Tuesday night games have been problematical (fortunately  Wink)  I don't make every Saturday anyway.  Not dedicated enough perhaps but, whatevs, I'm not a season ticket holder.  

I'm not sure what has happened at other clubs that have gone into insolvent liquidation but my guess is that any money handed over for renewals (or simple rollovers of refunds otherwise due) would not be seen again - the 5p in the £ unsecured creditors scenario.

That would be my question to the bleating owner predicting admin and now about to ask for 21-22 season ticket monies.  My monies would be with Trust STFC or in my own bank account.  Period.

Everyone is entitled to their own viewpoint on this but Power's lack of transparency, lack of trustworthiness and insolent silence means, new attendance opportunities arising from semi-retirement notwithstanding, I'd rather risk just £23 on the day to go and make my thoughts known.
« Last Edit: Friday, March 19, 2021, 08:37:42 by RedRag » Logged
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Friday, March 19, 2021, 08:42:36 »

Probably not the right thread, but remember when we said supporter-owned clubs like Exeter wouldn't have deep enough pockets to thrive during this period?

https://www.exetercityfc.co.uk/news/2021/march/capital-expenditure/?fbclid=IwAR1acKDkSoMDotLxL6NhsNEdzZ7lVm0ENfIGGUHK56lZIjOUdyidl9hn94k

They still find more available cash than our millionaire chairman to spend on the club. The difference of course being that they don't need the money for anything else, and are in it for the long-term.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Friday, March 19, 2021, 08:43:10 »

Quick question  Hmmm

As a season ticket holder I get to watch the home games on I-Follow, but do you reckon the cost is deducted from your season ticket fee, so would be deducted from any refund/new terms ?

As I don't want to put any more money into Powers pocket,  I'm tempted to not watch any more games, but if it makes no difference I probably would (masochistic tendencies !)  Grin
It's both. Looking at what other clubs have done, they will undoubtedly deduct the 10x23 games from any refund/discount on next season. But again looking at what other clubs have done they have done that irrespective of how many games you've actually watched. So from a financial point of view you may as well watch them. Whether it's worth your time/emotional stress to do so is your own question
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: Friday, March 19, 2021, 08:44:06 »

That’s the owners problem not ours, if the club goes tits up then he gets nothing either. The club as a whole has treated supporters with nothing but contempt this season so are deserving of anything from supporters and I have zero goodwill towards the club. As you can’t trust where the money is going there is no moral obligation for fans to keep the club going, if the club went bust I wouldn’t feel any guilt or remorse for not giving the club money.
I think you're conflating/confusing the club as an ongoing institution with it's current ownership/management. The latter can go to hell, the former I very much want to survive
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Friday, March 19, 2021, 09:46:46 »

Sweet, let's just go bust and not have a club because the "club" weren't nice to us.

WE are the club. If that honestly means that little to you then I'd suggest you're probably in the wrong place.
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #101 on: Friday, March 19, 2021, 09:54:21 »

I kind of get what he is saying though. I am sure he doesn't WANT the club to go bust but if they did will not feel guilty for not helping out financially. I am the same
Flashheart

« Reply #102 on: Friday, March 19, 2021, 09:54:36 »

Lee Power ≠ Swindon Town FC.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: Friday, March 19, 2021, 10:17:05 »

having a year of ifollow has removed the attachment a bit

I don't want the club to go bust. But as I've said before, I've reached the line of being taken for granted

Not saying I won't buy ST, but I won't be automatically renew at first bite unless the offer is massively favourable
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: Friday, March 19, 2021, 10:17:55 »

I kind of get what he is saying though. I am sure he doesn't WANT the club to go bust but if they did will not feel guilty for not helping out financially. I am the same

There are so many variable but do genuinely wonder whether going bust and starting from scratch might be the best thing for us.

I guess a lot of that would depend on who started / owned / financed the Phoenix club and what level we had to start at...plus things like a stadium and what not.

I dunno lots of clubs with lots of different levels of success with this.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: