Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 [38]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Plymouth pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 31897 times)
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #555 on: Wednesday, January 27, 2021, 21:10:37 »

Issue is does Power actually care at the moment to do anything about it ? adding yet another expense on to the balance sheet of paying Sheridan until the end of the season for sacking him, and then paying a new manager as well.

I'll happily start a GoFundMe/Kickstarter to pay off the cunt's remaining wage if he won't do the honourable thing and walk. Will also include his estimated BFH, about £17.50 on MegaBus from Birmingham to Manchester. He can make his own way to Brum from here.

3months wages, what we reckon? £10k a month? Reckon we can raise £30k...£6 per fan at 5k fans...hmmm....that'd be a piece of piss if most got on board? We wouldn't actually pay the cunt off but it would be a massive message to Power that fans don't want him here. We could then donate the £30k to the Trust or FITC (or £15k each).

I don't think I have ever wanted a manager further away from our club before and I genuinely take into consideration his off-field troubles too when saying this.

He's gotta go. If he can't recognise that it's not working here then he needs telling.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, January 27, 2021, 22:56:29 by bamboonoclue » Logged

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #556 on: Wednesday, January 27, 2021, 21:26:44 »

Quote from: JoeMezz
Just something that came to mind - Sheridan in the post-match presser said that we didn't train on Monday due to the weather.

So... did we actually do any preparation for the game yesterday? Even if you can't use the pitch for "training", they could have used conference rooms to discuss tactics. Certainly didn't look like any prep was done for yesterdays game

Foundation park isn't doing a lot under lockdown. I guess the snow may not have melted.

I'm sure they do discuss tactics, but it looked like the team was put together a day late and a dollar short
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #557 on: Wednesday, January 27, 2021, 21:47:11 »

Paul Caddis ?

Caddy has already been neeps and tatties deep since Rabbie Burns night. As far as I'm aware he hasn't been involved in 1st team affairs since as long as 22nd Jan.

'Incessant Nonsense'

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #558 on: Wednesday, January 27, 2021, 21:51:44 »

Foundation park isn't doing a lot under lockdown. I guess the snow may not have melted.
There was snow and ice on FP pitch on Monday so it couldn't be safely used to train
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #559 on: Thursday, January 28, 2021, 00:02:05 »

Caddy has already been neeps and tatties deep since Rabbie Burns night. As far as I'm aware he hasn't been involved in 1st team affairs since as long as 22nd Jan.
Power to the people was asking who we could bring in now management wise, my reply was Paul Caddis, could do a lot worse, no management experience but plenty on the pitch,  sure he would show a lot more passion and interest than Sheridan, certainly wouldn't be any worse.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #560 on: Thursday, January 28, 2021, 00:05:40 »

I'll happily start a GoFundMe/Kickstarter to pay off the cunt's remaining wage if he won't do the honourable thing and walk. Will also include his estimated BFH, about £17.50 on MegaBus from Birmingham to Manchester. He can make his own way to Brum from here.
I'd gladly drive him to Birmingham as long as he promised not to come back  And I'd pay for the petrol.

BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #561 on: Thursday, January 28, 2021, 01:04:17 »

Power to the people was asking who we could bring in now management wise, my reply was Paul Caddis, could do a lot worse, no management experience but plenty on the pitch,  sure he would show a lot more passion and interest than Sheridan, certainly wouldn't be any worse.

Ah ok, I got you. I think even without a direct reply, the general consensus is that Caddy has just past Cold Chapel on the A74, so it's unlikely he'll be taking the County Ground mantle.

'Incessant Nonsense'

swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #562 on: Thursday, January 28, 2021, 08:01:55 »

Think you're probably correct,  was just a personal choice, can't see many other worthy options out there at the moment.
In a nutshell, as things look at the moment we're doomed.

skiptotheLouMacari

Ignore
« Reply #563 on: Thursday, January 28, 2021, 08:05:40 »

I had a reply from my mate yesterday but wasn't sure what he said would be of any interest or believed as it isn't aimed directly or solely at us.
So, watered down.

Players at all levels are breaking the rules, not adhering to government guidelines on social mixing. With the attitude of what can you do to me? Unless you've a multi million pound squad, with like for like replacements lined up you have to play your best 11 so they're is no punishment. Player power is holding the trump card.

Players close to retirement are being offered peanuts to what they know they're worth in a take it or leave it approach. This isn't just at town, this is across the lower leagues, like a silent pact between owners. However you then get a chairman who will renege on the verbal agreement and sign someone for more than they were offered elsewhere. Knowing it won't take a much bigger offer to sign the individual and still at a good price to the club.

What he did say, and echoes what someone said about no training on Monday, training is all up in the air, getting everyone together is proving tricky. The discipline has all but disappeared, there is very little interest and very little ramifications.

Like I said this isn't directed at us as a club, my friends brother in law also plays football and more of this came from him than JS himself.

I don't know what to believe, nor saying this isn't true but it isn't aimed at town perse but a broad spectrum of the lower leagues.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #564 on: Thursday, January 28, 2021, 08:31:54 »

I had a reply from my mate yesterday but wasn't sure what he said would be of any interest or believed as it isn't aimed directly or solely at us.
So, watered down.

Players at all levels are breaking the rules, not adhering to government guidelines on social mixing. With the attitude of what can you do to me? Unless you've a multi million pound squad, with like for like replacements lined up you have to play your best 11 so they're is no punishment. Player power is holding the trump card.

Players close to retirement are being offered peanuts to what they know they're worth in a take it or leave it approach. This isn't just at town, this is across the lower leagues, like a silent pact between owners. However you then get a chairman who will renege on the verbal agreement and sign someone for more than they were offered elsewhere. Knowing it won't take a much bigger offer to sign the individual and still at a good price to the club.

What he did say, and echoes what someone said about no training on Monday, training is all up in the air, getting everyone together is proving tricky. The discipline has all but disappeared, there is very little interest and very little ramifications.

Like I said this isn't directed at us as a club, my friends brother in law also plays football and more of this came from him than JS himself.

I don't know what to believe, nor saying this isn't true but it isn't aimed at town perse but a broad spectrum of the lower leagues.
Thanks for sharing. 

Looks like there'll be some interesting material for Costanza to explore once/if ever we return to normal.

This season seems like a great opportunity for better managed clubs to take advantage.
NotHarryAgombar

Ignore
« Reply #565 on: Thursday, January 28, 2021, 10:49:14 »

Skipto’s email highlights the impact of not having a proper training ground.
We are reliant on public facilities and that probably impacts on discipline. It may also explain why the pitch has been in a worse condition this season than for a long time.
We also have a lot of players here for the short term, so they are probably in many cases flat or house sharing and far from families, which is likely to reduce compliance with rules.
I’m not making excuses for Sheridan - who if he ever possessed the plot has lost it now - but it highlights what a new manager would have to contend with.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #566 on: Thursday, January 28, 2021, 11:48:02 »

I'd gladly drive him to Birmingham as long as he promised not to come back  And I'd pay for the petrol.

That would be a first!

I will chip with the Pasties and Red Bull at the Services (after we drop him off).

Clems Army!
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #567 on: Thursday, January 28, 2021, 18:00:49 »

power made too much effort last season and has made too many signings in January to show that he doesn’t care about relegation. If he goes then a league 1 club is still worth more than a league 2 club.

If he goes next month he won't give a flying fuck what happens after

So, give no fucks
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 [38]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: