Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 ... 38   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Plymouth pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 32437 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #465 on: Wednesday, January 27, 2021, 09:49:26 »

I was of the opinion that constantly changing managers in a season brings instability and that isn't what we need right now - but Sheridan has to go. It constantly feels like, when we look like we're taking a small step forward, we take another massive step back. The performances at home have been absolutely diabolical and we seem to only really give it a go when it's a top team. I think there's enough in the squad we have to stay up but it's clear the manager isn't up to it at all.

The fact Power stuck with Williams for the whole season the last time we got relegated makes me think he won't change it. And who would we even get? He's not gonna pay for someone decent. What an absolute mess. It's easy to blame the pandemic (and yeah it didn't help) but this utter failure to think ahead more than 1 season at a time has come back to bite us in the arse again. I've been pretty defensive of him (whilst not particularly liking him or wanting him here) but as long as Power stays we'll just float around League Two with maybe an odd foray into League One.

The whole infrastructure of the club needs to be ripped apart and we need to start from scratch. Hell, I'd happily take a move away from the County Ground if it meant we could have some success.

At this point I’d gladly bin off Sheridan & Wright & have Mildy in charge.
What’s the worst that could happen?

Quite frankly if it bought us some momentum and success - I’d be all for shutting the doors, turning off the lights and starting again.
skiptotheLouMacari

Ignore
« Reply #466 on: Wednesday, January 27, 2021, 09:50:09 »

Sadly my two have lost it. They refuse to watch the games now but I am sure once we can get back actually going again they will come back to it.
Wellens had a style and recruited players to fit that style. It was lovely to watch.
We now have no style. The defence and keeper have been told to go long,  no different to Flitcroft. Sheridan is a dinosaur, he has inherited a few decent players but the players look lost.
Last night broke me. I wanted to turn off watching it but my heart told me no.
It was a shambles from the start. At home we are making so many teams look like Man City.

Last night our passing was woeful, physically outmuscled. Plymouth were quicker, kept a shape and sure we needed to change it at halftime and the twat brings on Curran, a player that would struggle in the Conference.
Just hope Power accepts what has been offered and he fucks off taking his East End wide boy followers with him and that dinosaur manager that is clueless.

Cannot believe how Shit we have become yet are not marooned at the base of the league and cut adrift. Forget Saturday, next Tuesday is the game where our fate may well and truly become known.
If Wigan play like Man City then it’s sat have addresses to Barrow and Harrogate.

Still hurting and the club I love is killing me.

It's shocking.
When they were smaller they loved going to see and get pictures Rocky in the bar, and have a bottle of coke and some crisps. Being sat next to the pitch in awe of the players who would all say hello when walking out on the pitch or after the game had finished.
The shitty kiosk food and cup of bovril, the journey up and down the motorway with scarf in the back window stopping in all the services so they could see who else was traveling to football. Proud as punch in their shirts, home games were like away games with the travelling and now even after buying match passes they are "yeah whatever" I'll watch if there is nothing else to do. They have lost the passion its probably my fault because I'm constantly moaning at the quality or lack of.
One sat with me last night to watch after we watched the game v Sunderland that was posted and then we watched the Leicester final and he didn't blink. However last night normal service was resumed, he asked me if I ever think well be that good again. What could I say, because it doesn't look like it for the foreseeable future.
I know Sheridans cousin personally, I don't know if I should start the Spanish inquisition on his notices, I fear if I don't ill regret it but if I do will I lose a good friendship
Flashheart

« Reply #467 on: Wednesday, January 27, 2021, 09:56:07 »

At this point I’d gladly bin off Sheridan & Wright & have Mildy in charge.

Again, I agree.

We know that Sheridan is a poor manager, whereas Mildy just might be a poor manager
Panda Paws

« Reply #468 on: Wednesday, January 27, 2021, 09:56:54 »

Sheridan brings nothing. No man-management, no tactical nouse, no detail-oriented planning.

We'd have more chance if we had Noel Hunt and Mildy in the dugout. Nothing will change unless he goes. He will continue to destroy good players and we'll continue to be passive, weak and negative.

RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #469 on: Wednesday, January 27, 2021, 09:57:17 »

Last night's performance, which emulated the embarrassing Franchise performance, has finally put me in the Sheridan Out camp.

I didn't especially like him but he was experienced and his side did a job on us back in 2010.  The "young manager" doesn't always succeed when inheriting a struggling side mid-season.  The Swindon Wellens left were in a similar boat to the Oldham he  unsuccessfully took over before joining us.

So fair play to some of you whom I admit were swifter to interpret what was right in front of us all.  Sheridan will NOT save us despite a half decent run being all it would take.

We can gas all we like about who might yet still come in and save us from R.  And vilify Sheridan.  Curran.  Any other defender.  But the elephant in the room is Power.  Anyone heard from him lately?
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #470 on: Wednesday, January 27, 2021, 09:57:32 »

I know Sheridans cousin personally, I don't know if I should start the Spanish inquisition on his notices, I fear if I don't ill regret it but if I do will I lose a good friendship

Would he be interested in taking the managers job, he couldn't be any less inspiring!

Ignore
« Reply #471 on: Wednesday, January 27, 2021, 09:59:50 »

Sheridan has to go. He clearly doesn't have the dressing room and his car crash post match comments are damaging further.
His appointment is looking an utter disaster as things stand.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #472 on: Wednesday, January 27, 2021, 10:03:17 »

Would he be interested in taking the managers job, he couldn't be any less inspiring!
Had he been alive, Tomas de Torquemada could certainly have done a job
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #473 on: Wednesday, January 27, 2021, 10:11:55 »

That was nothing short of a disgrace last night. You could see the hurt on Mildys face as well at times. My real pet hate though in football is when players hide behind the manager being shit. They need to appreciate they are going to have to be better than this and play for the club not the manager. Apart from Lyden and Travers they were awful last night, good players doing the basics wrong and just jogging back is equally as bad as Sheridan being shit at his job in my opinion
Panda Paws

« Reply #474 on: Wednesday, January 27, 2021, 10:14:03 »

Players at this level are a manifestation of what they're being asked to do and how they're being asked to do it.

Would you do your best at work if your manager was a twat, constantly bollocked you, was useless and leading your team to record bad results? I wouldn't.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #475 on: Wednesday, January 27, 2021, 10:15:01 »

That was nothing short of a disgrace last night. You could see the hurt on Mildys face as well at times. My real pet hate though in football is when players hide behind the manager being shit. They need to appreciate they are going to have to be better than this and play for the club not the manager. Apart from Lyden and Travers they were awful last night, good players doing the basics wrong and just jogging back is equally as bad as Sheridan being shit at his job in my opinion

All true but the real kicker is - all the players will find other clubs and Sheridan will get another management gig. They can all go & wash their hands of this season.

It’s us that are stuck with the ramifications
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #476 on: Wednesday, January 27, 2021, 10:23:24 »

I can't really comment on the game because I couldn't bring myself to watch last night, because I suspected this type of performance was coming. We always seem to have one really good game followed by a complete shit-show the next.

But I will say, good managers will stand up and take the flack for a bad performance. Sheridan blaming the players is so reminiscent of the terrible managers we've had over the years. He has to go.
skiptotheLouMacari

Ignore
« Reply #477 on: Wednesday, January 27, 2021, 10:27:32 »

I've bit the bullet and messaged him, I remember telling him so long as we stayed up and beat the piss stains he wound go down well with the fans.
I will keep you informed of his response if it isn't too personal or if I'm told to possibly fuck off.
Out of interest should I question about the running of the club and potential takeover or leave it to what is your cousin going to do to stop this shit from getting worse?
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #478 on: Wednesday, January 27, 2021, 10:29:13 »

Also one of my pet hates in football. Whilst in absolutely no way taking any fault away from Sheridans front door, a lot of the players do need to have a long hard look at themselves as well. They aren’t sheep, blindly relying on every word a manager says to shape their own personal performance.

They are the ones response for individual errors and failure to string a few passes together
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #479 on: Wednesday, January 27, 2021, 10:37:09 »

When was the last time we conceded at least 2 goals for 7 matches in a row? Not even King, Williams, Hart or even Gorman in the Premier League season managed that!
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 ... 38   Go Up
Print
Jump to: