Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 ... 38   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Plymouth pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 32410 times)
skiptotheLouMacari

Ignore
« Reply #450 on: Wednesday, January 27, 2021, 09:04:49 »

We did nothing right all night.
We did very little off the ball running to try and open up the 5 across the middle.
We didn't run as hard as Plymouth you could see that plain as day we couldn't keep up with them when they had the ball and couldn't run past them when we did.

I've very seldom written about games this season as I wanted to give it time to work but that time has passed. Its embarrassing and I'm trying to convince my boys to stay put with Swindon but that's wearing thin on them now. We don't live near Swindon and there are a host of premier league and decent championship sides they want to go and watch when it all starts up again and it's getting hard to say no with what  is being produced.
skiptotheLouMacari

Ignore
« Reply #451 on: Wednesday, January 27, 2021, 09:08:55 »

Currans' would make interesting reading

Yes it would 😂
I've tried to look him up online but it says some results have been removed for data protection laws in Europe.
I know very little about law and what I do know isn't worth knowing so it means nothing to me.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #452 on: Wednesday, January 27, 2021, 09:16:12 »

We did nothing right all night.
We did very little off the ball running to try and open up the 5 across the middle.
We didn't run as hard as Plymouth you could see that plain as day we couldn't keep up with them when they had the ball and couldn't run past them when we did.

I've very seldom written about games this season as I wanted to give it time to work but that time has passed. Its embarrassing and I'm trying to convince my boys to stay put with Swindon but that's wearing thin on them now. We don't live near Swindon and there are a host of premier league and decent championship sides they want to go and watch when it all starts up again and it's getting hard to say no with what  is being produced.

Sadly my two have lost it. They refuse to watch the games now but I am sure once we can get back actually going again they will come back to it.
Wellens had a style and recruited players to fit that style. It was lovely to watch.
We now have no style. The defence and keeper have been told to go long,  no different to Flitcroft. Sheridan is a dinosaur, he has inherited a few decent players but the players look lost.
Last night broke me. I wanted to turn off watching it but my heart told me no.
It was a shambles from the start. At home we are making so many teams look like Man City.

Last night our passing was woeful, physically outmuscled. Plymouth were quicker, kept a shape and sure we needed to change it at halftime and the twat brings on Curran, a player that would struggle in the Conference.
Just hope Power accepts what has been offered and he fucks off taking his East End wide boy followers with him and that dinosaur manager that is clueless.

Cannot believe how Shit we have become yet are not marooned at the base of the league and cut adrift. Forget Saturday, next Tuesday is the game where our fate may well and truly become known.
If Wigan play like Man City then it’s sat have addresses to Barrow and Harrogate.

Still hurting and the club I love is killing me.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #453 on: Wednesday, January 27, 2021, 09:16:56 »

Been thinking about the game a bit.

After 20 minutes we were rubbish.
We changed it, which needed doing, and we were just as rubbish.

Are we over estimating player ability? Or are we low on confidence? Or are we clueless as to the style we are supposed to be playing and lacking direction?

I actually think all 3 at the momen. Though its hard to pin player ability down while we are a bit of a shambles in formation - so maybe I should retract that.

I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have switched formation to 5-3-1-1 (Huh??!) when chasing the game, but there you go.

All 3.

Also, no leader on the pitch.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #454 on: Wednesday, January 27, 2021, 09:19:29 »

Sheridan is clearly only here as STFC at the moment is all a bit 'jobs for the boys'. Power employed him at Waterford, he's got history in getting clubs out of relegation pickles and so fits the bills perfectly. Unfortunately, Wellens had attempted to go better than a team that avoids relegation from league 1 and tried to put together a team that would be upwardly mobile. It was unbalanced, granted but once Wellens decided he wanted out, as DV stated, wouldn't it have made sense to replace him with a younger, hungry manager that might have had a similar footballing outlook that Wellens? To continue the work that he had done?

Its clear that the way Sheridan sets out his teams are chalk and cheese from the way Wellens does. Look at Matt Smith for example, a shining light early in the season is now looking far and away that player. (some fans even stating they would shrug shoulders if his loan was terminated) Wellens had a team that would run and press hard, Sheridan's team sits off and with Roy Hattersley up front its a slow, porridge of a side that is crap to watch.

I have been slow to jump on Sheridan's back as he has inherited players that aren't 'his' but for the love of christ results have to be better. The stat that PV posted about midweek is terrifying. We are running out of games now and surely we are at the stage where its clear the players aren't really giving their all for this man. Its just as well there are no fans at the CG as it would not be pleasant for him on a matchday.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #455 on: Wednesday, January 27, 2021, 09:29:41 »

We're going down aren't we, makes sense for any buyer now to wait and then get the club off Power for a song, albeit no doubt we will have all the fall out when all his investors don't get their money back.

At least in Div 4 Curran would only look out of his depth rather than totally clueless as he does at this level.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #456 on: Wednesday, January 27, 2021, 09:30:22 »

But with fans in attendance Power surely would have been forced to bin him off by now.

Think he’s used Covid and empty stadiums to get away with this shit.
NotHarryAgombar

Ignore
« Reply #457 on: Wednesday, January 27, 2021, 09:30:38 »

I had to calm down after the game so didn’t post until now.
This feels worse than when Luke and Embleton sleepwalked to relegation - at least you could see what the tactics / game plan was, even if the players weren’t good enough to execute it. Also they all seemed to be giving 100%, whereas last night I’m not sure they all were.
Sheridan shows similarities to the last months of Phil Brown - no idea of best 11, multiple changes every week and no obvious way of playing to create the chances to score / win. Add in the weekly (or twice weekly) masterclasses of defensive ineptitude and we look to be going down. The fact we are still in touch after this run says there are a group of bad teams and we could still get out of it - although looking unlikely.
As Duke says, we get outmuscled / outfought, yet the only discernable tactic seems to be to play 3 or 4 passes at the back then hoof it long to give the opposition the ball (as we don’t win many Second balls).
The only difference I see from Flitcroft’s sterile tactics is that his team just hoofed it higher and further, and without the two or three square passes first.
Whilst I thought Noel Hunt did ok in his short tenure, I was all for giving Sheridan a chance, but this is ridiculous.
Trouble is, if it’s true Curran has to be in the 23, will any young manager want to risk his reputation/ career ?
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #458 on: Wednesday, January 27, 2021, 09:32:01 »

We're going down aren't we, makes sense for any buyer now to wait and then get the club off Power for a song, albeit no doubt we will have all the fall out when all his investors don't get their money back.

At least in Div 4 Curran would only look out of his depth rather than totally clueless as he does at this level.

Do you think that's what is happening at Wigan? Hence why all their buyers keep falling through. Do you think they are delaying until they are in L2 and get a cheaper club?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #459 on: Wednesday, January 27, 2021, 09:32:04 »

It infuriates me that after a few miserable years in league 2 we finally clicked and got out of it, only to turn to shite this season and look to be heading back there without a whimper. Nobody seems to take responsibility either. Why do we bother?
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #460 on: Wednesday, January 27, 2021, 09:33:43 »

But with fans in attendance Power surely would have been forced to bin him off by now.

Think he’s used Covid and empty stadiums to get away with this shit.

Not sure he ha really got away with anything, more its brought it all home to roost and fucked things up for him.

He has a club he cannot sell without others say so, a club with no assets as the whole ground thing has ground to a halt, no money to run the club or avoid relegation so the club is depreciating in front of his eyes, no way of funding the training ground so no potential income from that.

Without covid he might have managed to pull it off, now its just a shit show that we are all living through.  
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #461 on: Wednesday, January 27, 2021, 09:35:34 »

Do you think that's what is happening at Wigan? Hence why all their buyers keep falling through. Do you think they are delaying until they are in L2 and get a cheaper club?

I don't know to be honest, they (as a football club rather than business) the administration doesn't seem to be being handles particularly well (as we have experienced previously).
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #462 on: Wednesday, January 27, 2021, 09:36:47 »

I just feel flat, don’t have anger to give.

Last night was just so disappointing. We came off the back of a decent points return out of 3 tough games where performances ranged from very good to ok.

I had hope last night, a turning point maybe, I should have known better.  The annoying thing is that we are so close to safety and i 100% think we have quality to get out of it if managed properly
« Last Edit: Wednesday, January 27, 2021, 09:38:55 by Abrahammer » Logged
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #463 on: Wednesday, January 27, 2021, 09:37:18 »

Obviously any buyers want it as cheap as possible. Admin with 15 point deduction and relegation would do that job nicely.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #464 on: Wednesday, January 27, 2021, 09:44:43 »

I was of the opinion that constantly changing managers in a season brings instability and that isn't what we need right now - but Sheridan has to go. It constantly feels like, when we look like we're taking a small step forward, we take another massive step back. The performances at home have been absolutely diabolical and we seem to only really give it a go when it's a top team. I think there's enough in the squad we have to stay up but it's clear the manager isn't up to it at all.

The fact Power stuck with Williams for the whole season the last time we got relegated makes me think he won't change it. And who would we even get? He's not gonna pay for someone decent. What an absolute mess. It's easy to blame the pandemic (and yeah it didn't help) but this utter failure to think ahead more than 1 season at a time has come back to bite us in the arse again. I've been pretty defensive of him (whilst not particularly liking him or wanting him here) but as long as Power stays we'll just float around League Two with maybe an odd foray into League One.

The whole infrastructure of the club needs to be ripped apart and we need to start from scratch. Hell, I'd happily take a move away from the County Ground if it meant we could have some success.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 ... 38   Go Up
Print
Jump to: