Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 ... 38   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Plymouth pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 32364 times)
jimbob

Ignore
« Reply #405 on: Tuesday, January 26, 2021, 21:54:25 »

I would lean towards saying Jewell but it ultimately all goes to LP in the end.

Caddis on too much money and need him off the books?
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #406 on: Tuesday, January 26, 2021, 21:56:49 »

Did anyone hear Hodgetts just now talk about the book he will one day write to feather his pension nest, and referring to all the cliques he's seen at the club?

Sounded as if he was hinting at stuff he wasn't at liberty to talk about at this stage...

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #407 on: Tuesday, January 26, 2021, 21:57:38 »

Caddis on too much money and need him off the books?

Town have30+ players as it stands so I would say that's a decent assumption to make.
Tamworth Red Army

Ignore
« Reply #408 on: Tuesday, January 26, 2021, 21:58:18 »

"If I could I'd want 10 new players on Saturday." Imagine sitting in the dressing-room listening to that sort of bilge. He speaks with all the footballing insight of the bottom-feeders in the fb group.

I've held off up to now despite some very uninspiring interviews, but it seems clear he doesn't really understand the game, doesn't have a philosophy, can't motivate a dressing-room. He just hopes to get lucky. He's way out of his depth.

Sheridan is just a dinosaur non-league manager
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #409 on: Tuesday, January 26, 2021, 22:01:04 »

Did anyone hear Hodgetts just now talk about the book he will one day write to feather his pension nest, and referring to all the cliques he's seen at the club?

Sounded as if he was hinting at stuff he wasn't at liberty to talk about at this stage...
Think we was referring to the past rather than now.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #410 on: Tuesday, January 26, 2021, 22:02:09 »

Whilst I don’t condone fans doing it I see someone DM’d Curran about the Dad thing on Twitter and Curran replied with ‘shut it you stupid cunt’. Not the cleverest thing to do provoked or not, especially only 15 minutes after the full time whistle. The clubs completely toxic currently!
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #411 on: Tuesday, January 26, 2021, 22:03:34 »

Power regained a little bit of credibility with last season, and a fair bit of sympathy because of Covid - the hiring of Sheridan has well and truly pissed any credibility or sympathy out of the window..

The resident Cheltenham fan must be rubbing one off more ferociously game by game..

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #412 on: Tuesday, January 26, 2021, 22:05:29 »

Whilst I don’t condone fans doing it I see someone DM’d Curran about the Dad thing on Twitter and Curran replied with ‘shut it you stupid cunt’. Not the cleverest thing to do provoked or not, especially only 15 minutes after the full time whistle. The clubs completely toxic currently!

Speaking of the Cheltenham one, i got blocked on Twitter by him for calling him out for exactly the same thing, think it was at Woolery..

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #413 on: Tuesday, January 26, 2021, 22:09:22 »

Think we was referring to the past rather than now.

Maybe, but why would he bring it up tonight? Sounded to me like it could be a coded message - about Curran perhaps?

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #414 on: Tuesday, January 26, 2021, 22:09:54 »

Not guilty, the  only player I have ever DM'd is Ferry but we spoke about the Smiths and why the Killers were still popular.

Just a thought though, is this just someone saying they have done it or do they have genuine evidence. It's cock like behaviour on both parts but in defence of Curran, he's not a pro footballer so shouldn't be expecting to deal with pricks DMing. I'll slate his ability on the pitch but never DM asking players questions. It doesn't look good if genuine though.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #415 on: Tuesday, January 26, 2021, 22:10:29 »

Maybe, but why would he bring it up tonight? Sounded to me like it could be a coded message - about Curran perhaps?

No way he would risk the wrath of Power..

Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #416 on: Tuesday, January 26, 2021, 22:11:28 »

No way he would risk the wrath of Power..

Which was why it was so coded.  Wink

Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #417 on: Tuesday, January 26, 2021, 22:13:12 »

Just heard Hodgetts and he did say "back in the day" so I think he was harping

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #418 on: Tuesday, January 26, 2021, 22:15:43 »

Quote from: theakston2k
Whilst I don’t condone fans doing it I see someone DM’d Curran about the Dad thing on Twitter

that's going too far. as someone else said, it's not his fault
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #419 on: Tuesday, January 26, 2021, 22:16:09 »

It was because immediately before that Hawes asked Conroy to define what leadership was? Conroy's reply was along the lines of....'Urgh? We've got to stick together. Not go off in little groups - Not that anyone does, but we've all got to make sure stick together and work hard together.'

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 ... 38   Go Up
Print
Jump to: