Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 ... 38   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Plymouth pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 32385 times)
Lambo75

Ignore
« Reply #345 on: Tuesday, January 26, 2021, 20:54:36 »

flabbergasted watching that.

on paper we have some decent players.

the only ones coming out of that shower of sh...e in my eyes are Jayasimi, Thompson, Palmer, Lyden

Absolutely awful, Curran....just useless, a lump of a player not worthy of being on the bench, would take slow old caddis everytime over him.

Will keep spending the tenners to watch but it's getting harder and hard to get any enjoyment out of it.

Swindon Please Win

Ignore
« Reply #346 on: Tuesday, January 26, 2021, 20:55:41 »

Embarrassing, it's never a good sign when a manager at half time copies the opposition in terms of shape because he has got it so wrong at the start of the game, he has to be sacked now.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #347 on: Tuesday, January 26, 2021, 20:55:43 »

Christ that was dire. That team hasn't got a hope. The worst thing is that there's plenty of individual talent, but as a team they're completely at sea. I don't think you can underestimate how demoralised that squad is.

This is beyond hope. We're down.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #348 on: Tuesday, January 26, 2021, 20:56:22 »

Can't believe we're still only one win away from 17th place, just can't see where it's ever going to come from.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #349 on: Tuesday, January 26, 2021, 20:56:49 »

Luck was one part. This is the problem with this fucking forum, you put in one element of comment and it gets extrapolated as the only thing said.

I also said RW had something that JS clearly hasn't and that is some technical nous. I also said he's probably an ok to good coach. The luck, well every team that wins a lot of games have "some" element of luck. For me he got lucky with the "injury prone" players he brought in didn't really get injured too much. Lucky because had they had as they have this term then Town might still have been in L2.

As it happens, Town look to be heading that way if the cell with no nucleus isn't replaced.

I extrapolated nothing, i just couldn't be bothered to get into "this" by responding to everything that you said as you would have preferred..  it would have gone on all night.

My point in short is that there are a lot of short memories on here..

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #350 on: Tuesday, January 26, 2021, 20:57:49 »

I actually think there may be so much resentment about Curran in the squad that they give up when he comes on. It's a very strange situation.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #351 on: Tuesday, January 26, 2021, 20:59:25 »

I actually think there may be so much resentment about Curran in the squad that they give up when he comes on. It's a very strange situation.

Agreed. How can some of the players feel. They know he is dog shit, and picked. Its a festering wound in the squad, it can do nothing for morale.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #352 on: Tuesday, January 26, 2021, 20:59:33 »

What a farce we are.  Sheridan has certainly had an impact on the club, and it is rare a Manager can claim to do that.  Problem for us is that the impact is all negative.

Curran - something has to be going on here, he is so obviously not up to the standard it's laughable that he gets on the bench, let alone allowed near the pitch.  Before someone has a go at me for laying into a player,  I don't blame the lad (we'd all give it a go in the same position) but his being there is a symptom of the ill the club is feeling that is so obvious we should all be worried.  It's like coughing up blood and thinking it may just be a hangover.

Covid has no doubt sped-up the demise, Wellens leaving left us in the lurch, as did his petulant transfer window effort, but he'd have got more results even without the new personnel  - the mistakes would possibly have continued but we at least looked like we knew what we had been sent out to do.

It'll take a miracle of player power to keep us up - they'll have to go have meetings on their own to figure something out to try and get a pattern of play, it's clear they won't get it on the training pitch.  Some years you can point to a lack of effort, desire or passion.  I don't see that, I see a team confused, a team with no idea where they are supposed to be, how they will break down a team etc.  That creates confusion, little threat, goals against and eventually confidence drains.

Ah well, at least the world is a better place...................
« Last Edit: Tuesday, January 26, 2021, 21:02:50 by RobertT » Logged
skiptotheLouMacari

Ignore
« Reply #353 on: Tuesday, January 26, 2021, 21:01:43 »

But he keeps doing it, almost every game is a change.  The team must have no time to work on a pattern of play if it is different every week.  The game after Ispwich he thought he'd cracked it, so he didn't make a change in players, when he probably could have.  It smacks of a Manager who is not really leading or held to account.

I think its because he doesn't know his best 11. Shall we start again in August and go for another league 2 title
Formerly Drummer Boy

Ignore
« Reply #354 on: Tuesday, January 26, 2021, 21:02:31 »

That was simply awful. Tactically outclassed all over the pitch. How many passes did we attempt and actually complete? Fair play to Plymouth. How can you change practically the entire team and still be equally as shit?

Lose against Hull and Wigan, we're fucked.

Thompson awful, Hunt awful, Lyden awful, Hope awful, Palmer awful.

Where do we honestly go from here?

I used to be that kid with the drum in the Nationwide and Town End - Be nice to me or I'll tell my Mum Smiley
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #355 on: Tuesday, January 26, 2021, 21:04:13 »

Luck was one part. This is the problem with this fucking forum, you put in one element of comment and it gets extrapolated as the only thing said.

I also said RW had something that JS clearly hasn't and that is some technical nous. I also said he's probably an ok to good coach. The luck, well every team that wins a lot of games have "some" element of luck. For me he got lucky with the "injury prone" players he brought in didn't really get injured too much. Lucky because had they had as they have this term then Town might still have been in L2.

As it happens, Town look to be heading that way if the cell with no nucleus isn't replaced.
If you state something that’s a bit contentious, be prepared to get questioned. It doesn’t mean that all you’ve written is contentious - I read the whole of your post and wanted to question you on one part of it, as did Berniman.

As it happens, I disagree with you. There were plenty of injuries to significant players last season, eg Lyden, Conroy and Isgrove, which weren’t a surprise because of their history. Managing us to promotion despite of this was another reason for me to think Wellens did a fine job.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #356 on: Tuesday, January 26, 2021, 21:04:27 »

That was simply awful. Tactically outclassed all over the pitch. How many passes did we attempt and actually complete? Fair play to Plymouth. How can you change practically the entire team and still be equally as shit?

Harrogate, among other places I presume.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #357 on: Tuesday, January 26, 2021, 21:04:33 »

Down to the lake I fear!

So, give no fucks
Crackity Jones

« Reply #358 on: Tuesday, January 26, 2021, 21:06:59 »

I want to think that we have some players that are capable at L1 but we are so easily out thought, out run and muscled off the ball. Is there any leadership on the pitch? Has Sheridan lost the dressing room and they don't want to play for him? Or am I wrong and we simply don't have good enough players? We are so close to getting out of the bottom 4 but I just can't see it happening.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #359 on: Tuesday, January 26, 2021, 21:07:32 »

Down to the lake I fear!

Yet again it's not a fantastic day  Wink
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 ... 38   Go Up
Print
Jump to: