Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 34   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Charlton Athletic v Swindon Town match day thread  (Read 25800 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Saturday, January 23, 2021, 12:50:00 »

But why?

What would they achieve from that? You might say spite, but why would Sheridan (or anybody) want it on their CV?
Why is Sheridan still in a job. He’s taking us into L2 at a rate of knots. Criticising players in the press, on the pitch and worse and then bigging up a player who is hardly non league standard. Any normal owner would have binned him weeks ago.

The club is toxic.
Broadbents Tackle

TEF Historian

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Saturday, January 23, 2021, 12:53:05 »

Maybe it's because there seem to be so many parties involved in the club at the minute, but the R rate of ITKers seems to be thoroughly on the rise!

For reasons I can't explain, this has led to David Attenborough doing voice overs in my head.

"The conditions at the club at this time are the perfect environment for the ITKer, leading to a mass migration to SN1 to post something they inferred from twitter."

"Here we see the ITKer in his natural habitat, his mum's attic room."

Whether your eyes are green, brown, blue, let me see a little bit of red in 'em.
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Saturday, January 23, 2021, 12:57:18 »

I like Sheridan. He knows what he’s doing. He’s making us harder to beat. Keep the faith .

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Saturday, January 23, 2021, 12:58:07 »

You’re nuttier than a Snickers!
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Saturday, January 23, 2021, 12:58:41 »

I like Sheridan. He knows what he’s doing. He’s making us harder to beat. Keep the faith .

Yep we're hard to beat at home 😁

So, give no fucks
Flashheart

« Reply #50 on: Saturday, January 23, 2021, 13:04:57 »

Why is Sheridan still in a job.

Perhaps because the owner has lost interest and is doing a favour for a mate?

And the question remains unanswered. What would anybody achieve by deliberately taking the club down? It makes no sense.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Saturday, January 23, 2021, 13:07:53 »

Relegation would reduce the value of the shares Power does have, whether that’s 100%, 75% or 1%. So to actually want that would be madness and make absolutely no sense.
mexico red

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Saturday, January 23, 2021, 13:08:33 »

You’re nuttier than a Snickers!

We are a striker away from a top half team. Sheridan saw the issues and has acted as soon as he could. We will start today with a new goalie and 3 new players in a back 4 that was fucking shot to pieces. If he gets a striker in before next weekend we will finish top 12. I don’t give a shit if he’s miserable. I dont give a shit if some players don’t like him. Those fucking players are currently in the relegation zone so fuck them
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Saturday, January 23, 2021, 13:10:37 »

We are a striker away from a top half team. Sheridan saw the issues and has acted as soon as he could. We will start today with a new goalie and 3 new players in a back 4 that was fucking shot to pieces. If he gets a striker in before next weekend we will finish top 12. I don’t give a shit if he’s miserable. I dont give a shit if some players don’t like him. Those fucking players are currently in the relegation zone so fuck them

How long have you been stuck indoors for over there now mate? It’s getting to you!
mexico red

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Saturday, January 23, 2021, 13:12:42 »

How long have you been stuck indoors for over there now mate? It’s getting to you!

Take out Caddis and curren and we will stop shipping goals. Think a little about who has made the errors. Let’s see if the new players make a difference today.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Saturday, January 23, 2021, 13:14:00 »

Relegation would reduce the value of the shares Power does have, whether that’s 100%, 75% or 1%. So to actually want that would be madness and make absolutely no sense.
But if the sale goes through in a few weeks . . .

Maybe running a club with L2 salary cap is more profitable.
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Saturday, January 23, 2021, 13:14:04 »

Is suggesting an owner or manager deliberately wants to relegate a club any more rational?

Nothing to see here
Flashheart

« Reply #57 on: Saturday, January 23, 2021, 13:14:33 »

I've been saying for weeks that we have decent team - and that we just need a couple of players in the right places to hold it together.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #58 on: Saturday, January 23, 2021, 13:17:11 »

I think with a good target man we will easily escape relegation, not sure about top half though as the players confidence is shot.

Its blatantly obvious that Pitman and Hope can't play as a lone striker (well not winning hoofs from the defence) and if thats the way that Sheridan now prefers to play then until we get a player of the calibre of a Nile Ranger it won't work.

As Mex says the defence has been at fault for almost every goal we have conceded so far, they have been loose and disjointed all season but we now have 4 out of the back 5 positions filled by new signings in the last 2 weeks, that bodes well. We do need a holding midfielder to protect them though, something Grant does well when fit, and there lies a problem this season.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
mexico red

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Saturday, January 23, 2021, 13:17:26 »

I put money on the fact that if he has a solid back 4 he will put Palmer and Lyden in front of them and have twine DJ pitman and one other all playing very attacking football. With pitman as the holding player and 3 others running off him .
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 34   Go Up
Print
Jump to: