Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Conor Masterson  (Read 4617 times)
qprfan

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, January 19, 2021, 19:45:02 »

Hi guys, QPR fan here with some insight of your loan from us.
Masterson is very highly rated by every QPR fan, a lot of us believe he has the potential to go a long way in the game and is future captain material for us.
He's a ball playing centerback who's composed, links up play well and doesn't look too out of place in the championship so I imagine he'll be an excellent signing for you guys. There was a couple of games last season when he was arguebly MOTM for us.

He's pretty fast too so can get back quick enough to cover. His positional sense is pretty solid and he relies more on interceptions, marking and covering rather than flying in with a crunching tackle. All in all he's what you'd call a modern day centerback.

I'll be shocked if he doesn't do well for you guys as he always did a solid job for us. His issue at our club is that Barbet, Dickie and Hall last season were our preferred centerbacks due to their experience and reputation which is something Masterson lacks.
He's more than good enough for League one and you've pulled off a real coup bringing him in on loan!

I'm pretty pleased personally that he's joined you rather than some boring club like Wallsall or Gillingham  Cheesy
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, January 19, 2021, 19:48:43 »

Isn’t he out of contract in the summer?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, January 19, 2021, 19:52:56 »

Thanks for the heads up.  He sounds useful.

It's a lot to expect him to stem the flow of goals we are conceding. it'll certainly be 'character building'
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, January 19, 2021, 19:57:18 »

Sounds positive, hopefully we can send him back to you with, as Batch says, character building experience under his belt and not a broken shell of a man. Which is what most of us are
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, January 19, 2021, 20:15:28 »

He sounds like a substantial upgrade.

Nothing to see here
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, January 19, 2021, 20:30:44 »

Hi guys, QPR fan here with some insight of your loan from us.
Masterson is very highly rated by every QPR fan, a lot of us believe he has the potential to go a long way in the game and is future captain material for us.
He's a ball playing centerback who's composed, links up play well and doesn't look too out of place in the championship so I imagine he'll be an excellent signing for you guys. There was a couple of games last season when he was arguebly MOTM for us.

He's pretty fast too so can get back quick enough to cover. His positional sense is pretty solid and he relies more on interceptions, marking and covering rather than flying in with a crunching tackle. All in all he's what you'd call a modern day centerback.

I'll be shocked if he doesn't do well for you guys as he always did a solid job for us. His issue at our club is that Barbet, Dickie and Hall last season were our preferred centerbacks due to their experience and reputation which is something Masterson lacks.
He's more than good enough for League one and you've pulled off a real coup bringing him in on loan!

I'm pretty pleased personally that he's joined you rather than some boring club like Wallsall or Gillingham  Cheesy

Thanks for the write up. Looking forward to seeing him play.
qprfan

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, January 19, 2021, 20:39:59 »

Isn’t he out of contract in the summer?

Nope, thankfully for us he signed a new 3 or 4 year deal a few months back!
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, January 19, 2021, 20:46:43 »

Well if he can address the fact that we currently concede two goals or more basically every game (7 of the last 8 ) then he's more than welcome.

He's not particularly injury prone is he? We have seven centre backs on the staff already, they're just all made of balsa wood, terrible or both.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, January 19, 2021, 20:53:51 by Nemo » Logged
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, January 19, 2021, 20:53:05 »

Thanks for the summary, he’ll be ruined by the time he returns to QPR, its the Swindon way.

Are you getting Scott Twine for a fiver as part of this deal?
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, January 19, 2021, 20:53:21 »

What a cunt

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, January 19, 2021, 21:20:09 »

What a cunt

Now look what you have done.
All set for a player swap with Curran and you have blown the deal.
Wink

Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, January 19, 2021, 21:38:55 »

That description reminds me of Jack Stephens when we had him...if he’s half as good as he was then he will be a brilliant signing  Smiley
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, January 19, 2021, 21:42:31 »

That description reminds me of Jack Stephens when we had him...if he’s half as good as he was then he will be a brilliant signing  Smiley
And there were a few who hated him - I was not one of them!
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, January 19, 2021, 21:43:57 »

Really!?!? He was a class above for me...
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, January 19, 2021, 22:04:42 »

Stephens was quality. Best centreback in the last 10 years i’d say
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: