Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Energy suppliers  (Read 7549 times)
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #30 on: Monday, January 25, 2021, 14:57:15 »

Utility Point are coming up as the best suggestion from MSE - Anyone have any experience?

I've been with them, they were fine
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Monday, January 25, 2021, 15:05:17 »

Surely the point of smart meters is
   a) to provide a way for you to see how much electric you are using
   b) save having to read the meter

If they are suddenly more expensive, that's just a problem with the new/old meter.

exactly
Fair enough, might have another look then. Certainly be handy not to having to plough through the pile of lockdown shite in the garage to get to the meter!
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Monday, January 25, 2021, 15:05:42 »

Are smart meters worth having? I seem to remember when they first came out that people said they were actually getting charged slightly more using them so didn't bother switching, has that improved now?
Mine isn't with People's Energy as I can't get it to give a meter reading and Peoples Energy keep asking me to provide one. So, out in the ice today to do it. All that I can do is see how much I am being charged per day, week, month. Set a budget for it to warn me when I am spending more. And see what my electric tariff (but interestingly not my gas tariff) is.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Monday, January 25, 2021, 15:06:57 »

I've been with them, they were fine
Thanks Jay. £253 saving over what I think Peoples Energy will move me over to at the end of my Fixed Rate tariff next month. So worth doing.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Monday, January 25, 2021, 15:41:20 »

Utility point are decent - website is really decent, easy to upload your readings etc. which they ask for monthly

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Monday, January 25, 2021, 15:42:22 »

Mine isn't with People's Energy as I can't get it to give a meter reading and Peoples Energy keep asking me to provide one. So, out in the ice today to do it. All that I can do is see how much I am being charged per day, week, month. Set a budget for it to warn me when I am spending more. And see what my electric tariff (but interestingly not my gas tariff) is.

I think in the past there was a ball ache that smart meters could not be taken on by new suppliers, however I think thats been changed and all smart meters installed now are interchangeable between suppliers, I know that Pure Planet were able to take over and use our smart meter installed by Bulb early last year.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Friday, January 29, 2021, 21:00:33 »

After being automatically put with iSupply on moving into my place, I immediately shopped round for cheaper (there is still an ongoing dispute with iSupply which is laughable beyond) and found Yorkshire Energy (YE) under Daisy Energy. They were great as they, like Octopus and some other smaller providers, use 100% renewables and/or green energy. They also had several fixed green tariffs so your tariff was always called "Green...something of other", like Potato, Badger, Pennine...they also had an excellently low standing charge too.

Anyway, due to the pandemic (I think) they have unfortunately gone under. A shame as they were great and no fuss. The issue I now have (to go with the previous one) is that OfGem have kindly instructed one of the big six to take over all YE accounts. This has started a process of being transferred to bloody Scottish Power and onto their "Standard Tariff".

Seeing as I haven't chosen to be with this provider, how do I stop the process or do I just have to go and head to a different provider, submit my closing readings and then go from there? I'm only a little jaded, as although my previous switch and provider (YE) was fine, there is still ongoing dispute with the provider originally in situ (iSupply, which has also gone under now).

Hmmmmppph.

Alsom sorry JQ, I would've suggested YE as they were always great service, cheap, and green. Octopus would likely be my next choice. Just want to get this conundrum clear first.

Cheers Boo Octopus seems favourite

So, give no fucks
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Saturday, February 13, 2021, 07:54:07 »

I’m with Octopus. When you submit your monthly readings online you get a chance to spin a wheel with money prizes. Woo hoo. Today I won. £1. Off my combined bill. Small wins, small wins.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Saturday, February 13, 2021, 08:45:09 »

I’m with Octopus. When you submit your monthly readings online you get a chance to spin a wheel with money prizes. Woo hoo. Today I won. £1. Off my combined bill. Small wins, small wins.

The next prize on the wheel, next to that £1 off your bill was a romantic meal with John Sheridan - legends lounge, legends lounge, legends lounge fuck, fuck, for fuck sake 😀
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Saturday, February 13, 2021, 09:18:39 »

It's like fruit machines and all about percentages in their favour!

So, give no fucks
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Saturday, February 13, 2021, 09:24:56 »

It's like fruit machines and all about percentages in their favour!

Well of course, no one gives money away for free, well except governments. That said, it’s a pound more than British Gas ever gave me and Octopus are considerably more cost effective.
chalkies shorts

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Saturday, February 13, 2021, 09:30:13 »

Cheers Boo Octopus seems favourite
Another vote for octopus. Rates are good and their admin seems easy. Send in monthly readings and you get an updated bill within the day. If you miss a monthly reading they seem chilled.
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Saturday, February 13, 2021, 09:30:30 »

The next prize on the wheel, next to that £1 off your bill was a romantic meal with John Sheridan - legends lounge, legends lounge, legends lounge fuck, fuck, for fuck sake 😀

Dukey, I have read this over and and over and I’m still scratching me head. I’d suggest a long holiday and come back in August but you can’t go away sadly.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Saturday, February 13, 2021, 09:31:19 »

Another vote for octopus. Rates are good and their admin seems easy. Send in monthly readings and you get an updated bill within the day. If you miss a monthly reafing they seem chilled.

Do they let you overpay so you can be in credit

So, give no fucks
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Saturday, February 13, 2021, 09:33:01 »

Another vote for octopus. Rates are good and their admin seems easy. Send in monthly readings and you get an updated bill within the day. If you miss a monthly reading they seem chilled.

I bet badgered for my readings and tend to do this about once every three months. 🤫
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: