Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New Phone Thread  (Read 736 times)
horlock07

Lives up north

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, January 13, 2021, 12:29:02 »

No you don't need all the bells and whistles but if you go uber cheap (100 quid or less) you may find they quite struggle to run even basic Android if they're underspecced, esp on CPU or memory (as opposed to storage) and that you might struggle to install more than a few apps if they've skimped on the storage.

^^^^ This

The only reason I am upgrading now is the phone I have is full to the Sally Gunnells meaning that if I ever want to install a new app I have to remove another one first (and I have fuck all on there). Had my fingers burnt previously when I bought a phone which turned out to be a model which was already about 2 years old so after about 6 months it was struggling to do anything.

Anyway ordered now so we can close the thread! 
Chunkyhair

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, January 13, 2021, 12:35:48 »

Apologies - wasn't advocating the cheapest posssible phone (the old adage you get what you pay for rings true at the cheap end with any tech purchase).  Cheapest decent phone was what I meant (eg A12vA21s) - is the performance difference that great it will have an impact on a "normal user"? Thats the choice I guess. 

For the life of me why someone would spend a grand on the latest Iphone or whatever is a mystery to me

No one kills a thread like me....
bamboonoclue

Fufflin' Reathers

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, January 13, 2021, 17:15:39 »

For the life of me why someone would spend a grand on the latest Iphone or whatever is a mystery to me

It really should depend on what you will be using it for and it is all relative. Even at the top end, comparing performance/specs/memory etc should still be a priority regardless of the usage. As many know, often the latest iPhones aren't a good match with models in the same range but they have such a good marketing strategy/brand loyalty that people will buy/upgrade with them without even thinking if they are getting anything better/VFM.

The same applies when buying cameras RE: Brand loyalty. Sometimes it comes down to familiarity or purely just "what you like". Horlock here is a prime example as he has stayed with Samsung. It's no bad thing of course and whatever works for him (and price) is ultimately the defining factor Smiley

We Are Sheridan's (temporary) Red & White Army
WAS(t)RAWA ESS TEE EFF SEE WAS(t)RAWA
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: