Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Doncaster pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 34274 times)
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #375 on: Saturday, January 16, 2021, 19:30:24 »

I also remember him saying he didn't know Power that well in a BBC Wilts interview

I also recall he said something like that

Nothing to see here
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #376 on: Saturday, January 16, 2021, 19:32:18 »

I also recall he said something like that
See above quote to prove that as wrong.

Someone is lying.

When Sheridan arrived in his 1st press conference he said
"I know Paul Jewell and the chairman and I'm very pleased they've given me the chance to come and work at a good club."

Power added: "We are very pleased that John has come in to take over at the club. He is someone that I have worked with before and that I know well.

"I think the club needs John's experience at the moment and I think he will be a great help to the team and myself.

https://www.derbyshiretimes.co.uk/sport/football/i-am-very-pleased-be-here-former-chesterfield-manager-john-sheridan-appointed-swindon-town-boss-3035053

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #377 on: Saturday, January 16, 2021, 19:37:01 »

"win on the telly, we only wi  on the telly"

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #378 on: Saturday, January 16, 2021, 19:49:05 »

First club press conference at approx 1:45. Said " I don't know Lee too well...".

Nothing to see here
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #379 on: Saturday, January 16, 2021, 19:51:35 »

First club press conference at approx 1:45. Said " I don't know Lee too well...".

That's the one I can remember JBZ so as JJ said someone is lying!

So, give no fucks
Stef Troll

Ignore
« Reply #380 on: Saturday, January 16, 2021, 20:08:51 »

I don’t think we played too bad today. First goal was crucial. If we scored first the dynamic of the game would have been different. Once we went 1-0 down our response was a lot better then in games like Accrington and Franchise where we continued to be shit. Doncaster are 4th in the league and whilst they are better then us, the gulf wasn’t massive.

The last 2 performances have been loads better then previous games we have played and i still think we will just about stay up. Hopefully we can sign a decent striker as the other signings made this month appear to be decent on first glance.
REDBUCK

« Reply #381 on: Saturday, January 16, 2021, 20:09:35 »

The plot thickens.  Cheesy
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #382 on: Saturday, January 16, 2021, 20:13:01 »

Or quite simply...not necessarily lying but as JS has made obvious to us already since being here...he very often does not seem to know his arse from his tit (or which player is which).

Did anyone notice after the Ipswich game, during the P-MP he called Dominic Thompson...Nathan?! As far as I'm aware he had never worked with Nathan Thompson, so that one really threw me. There's getting existing players mixed up but ones who have been vacated a good while is next level.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #383 on: Sunday, January 17, 2021, 08:39:32 »

There is probably a small section of the population for whom the continuance of football is becoming less of a morale booster as the weeks go by.

Anyway, not the worst performance.
To gain any points at the moment there looks to be a reliance on taking one of the few clear cut chances (Smith M), hoping for a bit of luck (the deflected free kick going wrong side of the post) or a 100 yarder from Twine.
Once a collective defensive sloppiness, loss of concentration and individual errors start to become ingrained then that’s a difficult thing to remove from the mentality of a team.

Now that Fryers cheese string musculature looks to have failed again just wondered what would be better, a run of the mill 6/10 centre back that can play 40 games a season or a 7/10 CB that can manage 20 games?

The alleged involvement of Curran Snr.
Is this just more heard it from a friend of a friend type gossip and speculation or something with a bit more substance & certainty?
I know it’s been mentioned / hinted at by a couple of the more reliable posters on here so I’m guessing that it might not be a complete load of bollocks.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #384 on: Sunday, January 17, 2021, 09:11:15 »

There is probably a small section of the population for whom the continuance of football is becoming less of a morale booster as the weeks go by.

Anyway, not the worst performance.
To gain any points at the moment there looks to be a reliance on taking one of the few clear cut chances (Smith M), hoping for a bit of luck (the deflected free kick going wrong side of the post) or a 100 yarder from Twine.
Once a collective defensive sloppiness, loss of concentration and individual errors start to become ingrained then that’s a difficult thing to remove from the mentality of a team.

Now that Fryers cheese string musculature looks to have failed again just wondered what would be better, a run of the mill 6/10 centre back that can play 40 games a season or a 7/10 CB that can manage 20 games?

The alleged involvement of Curran Snr.
Is this just more heard it from a friend of a friend type gossip and speculation or something with a bit more substance & certainty?
I know it’s been mentioned / hinted at by a couple of the more reliable posters on here so I’m guessing that it might not be a complete load of bollocks.

If Freeman is as good as Sheff Utd fans suggest and Thompson plays more like versus Ipswich than Donny, then a 'steady Eddy' paired with Conroy would be much better than someone who is good (at times) but never available.

Not going to comment on Curran.

I will say that I was expecting us to beat Donny yesterday. But how solid did they look at the back. And how quickly did they move the ball in midfield and up front.

Feeling very down about yesterday. To me, everyone could do their jobs, but not well enough to be successful.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
welshred

Ignore
« Reply #385 on: Sunday, January 17, 2021, 09:15:54 »

I will say that I was expecting us to beat Donny yesterday. But how solid did they look at the back. And how quickly did they move the ball in midfield and up front.

Whilst they looked solid at the back and rarely untroubled I think part of that is down to us being completely toothless up front.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #386 on: Sunday, January 17, 2021, 09:22:43 »

Worth noting as well that Doncaster were allowed to play out from the back far too easily, particularly in the first half.
Would not have been the case last season.

A decent press is worth maintaining at this level as there is always a mistake waiting to happen.
Takes a certain level of fitness to do that though.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #387 on: Sunday, January 17, 2021, 09:52:08 »

Worth noting as well that Doncaster were allowed to play out from the back far too easily, particularly in the first half.
Would not have been the case last season.

A decent press is worth maintaining at this level as there is always a mistake waiting to happen.
Takes a certain level of fitness to do that though.
Doubt Jed could make it to the changing rooms without a disabled spot in the Car Park - let alone "press".

2nd half was much better in that regard when the "keep our shape" approach could no longer be sensibly be justified.

A shame really as it had served us well for the opening 5 minutes of the game.
normy

Ignore
« Reply #388 on: Sunday, January 17, 2021, 10:01:35 »

Sheridan quoted in the Advertiser.:

"MANAGER John Sheridan believes it was difficult to tell which team was near the bottom and which was near the top after Swindon Town lost 2-1 at home to Doncaster Rovers on Saturday."

What shit, I've lost faith in him. Doncaster was a class above on the day.

ust be the oldest
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #389 on: Sunday, January 17, 2021, 10:02:26 »

That's quite worrying if a manager can't spot the difference.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29   Go Up
Print
Jump to: