Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Doncaster pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 34313 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I知 A Scientist.

« Reply #360 on: Saturday, January 16, 2021, 18:12:19 »

Today was a a typical mid-winter lower league game where not a lot happens but the better side is the more clinical one.

The fact that our defence ships over 2 games a goal on average says everything.

Both Caddis and Curran (might as well have had a ghost out there) looked so slow.

If Tyler Smith is third choice striker surely he needs sending back and bring in another striker or a centre half to tighten up the defence.
Yep all true IMO.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #361 on: Saturday, January 16, 2021, 18:17:43 »

I think I am missing the point but what does LP gain from giving the manager's job to a 'mate' who will, according to the more prolific posters on this forum, take the club back to div 4?

Nothing to see here
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #362 on: Saturday, January 16, 2021, 18:18:25 »

Today was a a typical mid-winter lower league game where not a lot happens but the better side is the more clinical one.

The fact that our defence ships over 2 games a goal on average says everything.

Both Caddis and Curran (might as well have had a ghost out there) looked so slow.

If Tyler Smith is third choice striker surely he needs sending back and bring in another striker or a centre half to tighten up the defence.
Strongly agree with first and second sentences. I hope we can upgrade on T Smith, but I don't think we will. As for Caddis and Curran, then yes, they are slow, but I would rather have one of them in the team than the other.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #363 on: Saturday, January 16, 2021, 18:19:19 »

I think I am missing the point but what does LP gain from giving the manager's job to a 'mate' who will, according to the more prolific posters on this forum, take the club back to div 4?
May be its a cheap mate who is saving costs elsewhere too.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #364 on: Saturday, January 16, 2021, 18:19:32 »

Quote from: JBZ

I assume he thought he could get someone on the cheap that could do the job.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #365 on: Saturday, January 16, 2021, 18:22:04 »

These answers.
May be its a cheap mate who is saving costs elsewhere too.
I assume he thought he could get someone on the cheap that could do the job.

Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #366 on: Saturday, January 16, 2021, 18:24:46 »

I don't even think it's his mate as when he arrived he said that he hardly knew Lee Power so he's probably Jewels mate

So, give no fucks
JBZ

Ignore
« Reply #367 on: Saturday, January 16, 2021, 18:31:33 »

I am not sure that saving a bit on the manager's salary makes a significant difference to the finances.  On the other hand, I assume that relegation does.

Nothing to see here
Peter Venkman

« Reply #368 on: Saturday, January 16, 2021, 18:37:39 »

I am not sure that saving a bit on the manager's salary makes a significant difference to the finances.  On the other hand, I assume that relegation does.
When Sheridan was appointed the club were in severe financially difficulties and yes every penny saved helped, hence Noel Hunt being sacked quitting.

The club were on the verge of going under at more than 1 point so far this season and without outside financing we would not be out of admin now.

Yes it did come down to every penny saved.

JBZ

Ignore
« Reply #369 on: Saturday, January 16, 2021, 18:50:31 »

I should have added that I appreciate survival is also an issue this season.  That said, I still don't understand the assertions made about JS's appointment.  It may be that they emanate from someone in the know but that is not always the TEF way.   

Nothing to see here
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #370 on: Saturday, January 16, 2021, 19:13:38 »

Not bad a 2-1 defeat. Reckon we might not finish bottom. Onwards we go Cheesy
REDBUCK

« Reply #371 on: Saturday, January 16, 2021, 19:15:46 »

I don't think any actual evidence has been put forward on any of the assertions just a lot of guess work surrounding Sheridan, administration, Curran, Broadbent etc.

Its been a crap season so reasons are being sought.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #372 on: Saturday, January 16, 2021, 19:20:14 »

I don't think any actual evidence has been put forward on any of the assertions just a lot of guess work surrounding Sheridan, administration, Curran, Broadbent etc.
Just because you don't know doesn't mean that the reasons are not true though.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #373 on: Saturday, January 16, 2021, 19:23:18 »

I don't even think it's his mate as when he arrived he said that he hardly knew Lee Power so he's probably Jewels mate

When Sheridan arrived in his 1st press conference he said
"I know Paul Jewell and the chairman and I'm very pleased they've given me the chance to come and work at a good club."

Power added: "We are very pleased that John has come in to take over at the club. He is someone that I have worked with before and that I know well.

"I think the club needs John's experience at the moment and I think he will be a great help to the team and myself.

https://www.derbyshiretimes.co.uk/sport/football/i-am-very-pleased-be-here-former-chesterfield-manager-john-sheridan-appointed-swindon-town-boss-3035053

Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #374 on: Saturday, January 16, 2021, 19:24:35 »

When Sheridan arrived in his 1st press conference he said

I also remember him saying he didn't know Power that well in a BBC Wilts interview and can't comment on what Power said I missed that one
« Last Edit: Saturday, January 16, 2021, 19:33:51 by Jimmy Quinn » Logged

So, give no fucks
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29   Go Up
Print
Jump to: