Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 ... 29   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Doncaster pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 34006 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #345 on: Saturday, January 16, 2021, 17:32:09 »

The bloke is a living, breathing parody of himself.
Jobs for the mates, nothing more, the sooner he leaves the better.

Get in a man who a). bothers to learn the players names, b). knows their best positions, c). knows there best attributes, d). plays to their strengths, d). is willing to make subs earlier in games e). can see that lumping long balls to Pitman isn't working then tells the team to change the style, a plan B if you will.

He doesn't want to be here and TBH we can do better, get Noel Hunt back even, at least he gave a shit.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #346 on: Saturday, January 16, 2021, 17:32:20 »

Caddis sounds broken
NotHarryAgombar

Ignore
« Reply #347 on: Saturday, January 16, 2021, 17:32:41 »

Was typing while Sheridan’s post match was posted above - “even game until they scored” - it was the 5th minute!
Unbelievable!
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #348 on: Saturday, January 16, 2021, 17:34:25 »

Caddis:
- First half we lost 2 goals. Caddis put his hands up for both
- Not been great of late and he needs to get better
- Caddis played first on side. The second bouncing in front of him and he should have done better
- Second half we created a few chances. Dominated at times
- Performances arent whats needed, points are needed
- We have a crazy 2 or 3 mins which sometimes turns into a crazy 15 mins
- Travers is a good goalie. We have to do better as a back 4 and as a team.
- We need to have a stronger base
- Back 4 chopped and changed, but its the way it is. Everyone has the same problem with the pandemic
- Need to work hard and stick together as a group
- We have to get back to basics.
- When you build moment (like last season) good things happen. We've built momentum the other way
- There are quality players filtering down from the Premier. This division is hard

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #349 on: Saturday, January 16, 2021, 17:35:06 »

Get in a man who a). bothers to learn the players names, b). knows their best positions, c). knows there best attributes, d). plays to their strengths, d). is willing to make subs earlier in games e). can see that lumping long balls to Pitman isn't working then tells the team to change the style, a plan B if you will.

He doesn't want to be here and TBH we can do better, get Noel Hunt back even, at least he gave a shit.
Yeah he doesn’t interview well at all...
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #350 on: Saturday, January 16, 2021, 17:35:25 »

Was typing while Sheridan’s post match was posted above - “even game until they scored” - it was the 5th minute!
Unbelievable!
pmsl when I heard that
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #351 on: Saturday, January 16, 2021, 17:36:02 »

Football - 'It's a funny old game.'

Don't worry, I won't throw my toys out the pram.  I'm not sure why I can't acknowledge that some of JS's statements should be regarded as curious at best.

Nothing to see here
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #352 on: Saturday, January 16, 2021, 17:40:50 »

Don't worry, I won't throw my toys out the pram.  I'm not sure why I can't acknowledge that some of JS's statements should be regarded as curious at best.

Don't worry, it wasn't a direct dig at you so no need to go all Sheridan. It was purely to highlight how quickly things can change in c2hs 30mins Smiley

On a more serious note though...do you genuinely trust John Sheridan in terms of managing STFC to securing L1 safety?

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #353 on: Saturday, January 16, 2021, 17:44:15 »

Don't worry, it wasn't a direct dig at you so no need to go all Sheridan. It was purely to highlight how quickly things can change in c2hs 30mins Smiley

On a more serious note though...do you genuinely trust John Sheridan in terms of managing STFC to securing L1 safety?
I wouldn’t trust Sheridan to find his own hole.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #354 on: Saturday, January 16, 2021, 17:45:30 »

I wouldn’t trust Sheridan to find his own hole.

Which one?  Soapy Tit Wank

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #355 on: Saturday, January 16, 2021, 17:45:57 »

His hairy one
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #356 on: Saturday, January 16, 2021, 17:50:38 »

I will always be grateful to John Sheridan for "masterminding" the wins vs Bristol Rovers and the Pox, also the great win at Ipswich.

But, for me his time is up now, we need a new manager who genuinely cares and isn't constantly sniping at questions from fans and Hawes after games, running out the old cliches and seeing what is obviously a very different game to what we see.

He came in as "night watchman" and I am sure was never brought in to be a long term solution, and, TBF, he has done that job at times but all too often has made what appear to be mistakes.

He has managed us to a few wins but all too often to poor and sometimes heavy defeats, the MKD one being up there with the poorest performances I have seen from a Town side in many a long season.

So long and thanks for all the fish.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #357 on: Saturday, January 16, 2021, 17:57:11 »

Travers 6/10 Didn’t have a lot to do.

Caddis 7/10 Same as always. Looked good going forward, linking well with J Smith in the second half, but struggled at times defending. Poss played striker onside for the first and beaten to the ball for the second. However, ref didn’t give him a lot of help when he was being manhandled

Fryers 5/10 Just for being too fragile!

Conroy 6/10 Did everything he needed to. But, you are not Hoddle. Please stop spraying balls around! Floating them give the other team time to get in position to defend.

Thompson 6/10 I think that he was nullified by DJ. Didn’t link at all well together. DJ kept taking his space and areas to run into. Therefore provided little threat.

M Smith 6/10 Involved in the best bit of the first half. Shame he couldn’t put the shot away. Pressed OK. Created little.

Lyden 6/10 Was physical and thundered in to a few challenges. Played some pretty balls. Didn’t really create anything

Twine 6.5/10 I thought his positioning was good, vision was good, played some nice balls, and had one chance. Still very lightweight and was kicked and pushed all over the park and unbelievably didn’t get free kicks given in his favour most of the time.

Palmer 6/10 Looked lively on the wing and solid in the middle. But, didn’t take the game by the scruff of the neck.  Didn’t create

Pitman 5/10 Struggled to get into the game. Well defended. Couldn’t get hold of the ball or beat the defenders. A good game for him not to play on his own. Needed someone to play with.

DJ 4/10 Not sure how he stayed on all game. Stopped Thompson performing. Couldn’t cope with being tightly marked. Think I would have taken him off and pushed Hope out there, with T Smith on for Pitman.

Subs:
Curran 6/10 He is a limited player. He is slow and not got great distribution. He’s best when keeping it simple. He is improving, but he made 2-3 big mistakes (the Cryuff turn, the late challenge for the yellow (although that may have been calculated) and he headed one up in the air when under pressure). But, he’s not a L1 defender. I would say that if he’d have performed as he has done in the past then it would have been a cricket score today!

J Smith 7/10 Linked well with Caddis. Created a couple of opportunities, but often no one there to find. After a dangerous looking 10 mins or so they got wise to him and he had to drop deeper to get the ball, where there was more cover.

Hope 7/10 Did better competing than Pitman. Scored a goal, but, didn’t offer as much as I would have liked.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #358 on: Saturday, January 16, 2021, 18:02:25 »

Today was a a typical mid-winter lower league game where not a lot happens but the better side is the more clinical one.

The fact that our defence ships over 2 games a goal on average says everything.

Both Caddis and Curran (might as well have had a ghost out there) looked so slow.

If Tyler Smith is third choice striker surely he needs sending back and bring in another striker or a centre half to tighten up the defence.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #359 on: Saturday, January 16, 2021, 18:11:25 »

The players don’t rate him either.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 ... 29   Go Up
Print
Jump to: