Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 ... 29   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Doncaster pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 34842 times)
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #300 on: Saturday, January 16, 2021, 16:56:54 »

Disappointing result

Nothing to see here
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #301 on: Saturday, January 16, 2021, 16:56:54 »

Our games are starting to take on the air of a third round cup tie where the higher league side brush past a lower league side without too much difficulty. So not one of our cup ties obviously.
Miles Mayhem

Ignore
« Reply #302 on: Saturday, January 16, 2021, 16:57:11 »

God this is depressing
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #303 on: Saturday, January 16, 2021, 16:57:19 »

DJ should have passed then. He’s been awful today.

Yep, Smith in acres of space. Palmer not been great since switching to M.Smith's position. Hindsight should have persevered with M.Smith and done a straight swap J.Smith for Palmer.

And definitely not Curran...

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #304 on: Saturday, January 16, 2021, 16:58:22 »

Results elsewhere not unhelpful
welshred

Ignore
« Reply #305 on: Saturday, January 16, 2021, 16:59:06 »

It’s probably unfair to single out DJ. He’s been poor compared to what he’s capable of. But there have been so many below par performances today. Donny are a decent side, especially at the back but we rarely troubled them which was really disappointing.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #306 on: Saturday, January 16, 2021, 16:59:15 »

Need reinforcements up front clearly.

Fryers being crocked is a concern particularly as Curran is is next in the pecking order seemingly for whatever reason.

Avoiding defeat at least to try and put a little run together would have been handy. Not to be.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #307 on: Saturday, January 16, 2021, 16:59:18 »

Better second half performance but can't play as we did in the first half giving away soft goals if we want points.

Donny a decent team but they didn't have to do anything to get their goals.

There are positives with the new signings and Twine/Palmer but the same issues remain. Central defence and striker position need changes.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #308 on: Saturday, January 16, 2021, 16:59:36 »

We gave it a go second half I guess, ultimately though we were effectively playing with 10 for most of the match and fortunate Donny didn’t feel the need to attack. With Gillingham and today the only league games Curran has played a real part in am I wrong to say he’s fucked up for all 3 goals that have been conceded whilst he was on the pitch?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #309 on: Saturday, January 16, 2021, 16:59:39 »

Bit better with the subs and getting wide, but no urgency until last 15 and same old issues of blunt attack, leaky defence

it's no disgrace losing to Doncaster, but our frailties are ongoing.

going down.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #310 on: Saturday, January 16, 2021, 16:59:44 »

That was pretty awful.

Doncaster were slow and solid at the back. Marked DJ out of the game. They were quick and had movement in midfield and up front. The goals in the first half meant that they didn't have to do much.

Not sure I could pick out a decent performance from any of the Town players.

Ref was dire.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #311 on: Saturday, January 16, 2021, 16:59:51 »

Only managed to watch the last 25 (having listened up until then). Thought we looked decent for those 25 mins. Donny were solid. It was one of those performances where the deflected free kick drops two feet to the right of where it did, we talk very differently about having turned a corner. Obviously, that didn’t happen, and we can’t go on conceding two a match and having to score two ourselves just to get a point. And we can’t have Taylor Curran playing 70 minutes - watching him one on one with a striker is frightening. But there are signs that we are a far more cohesive and less error prone side than we have been. Freeman yet to come in, a couple of strikers. Keep the faith.  We’ve also clearly cut the budget for the pitch. I know it’s the winter, but the ball just wasn’t running on it, bobbling about everywhere.
« Last Edit: Saturday, January 16, 2021, 17:02:05 by Frigby Daser » Logged
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #312 on: Saturday, January 16, 2021, 17:00:05 »

Play the best players in the right positions, playing at their best and with a dash of luck on our side, we may be able to win again.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #313 on: Saturday, January 16, 2021, 17:02:29 »

We are relying on individuals right now.  The team have very little clue how we are supposed to be playing.  Defenders have been a particular issue for us all season.  God help us if Curran starts the next game.  Fryers balsa wood legs, Caddis having no legs left, Curran is not a pro, Baudry too many mistakes, Grounds a sloth, Hunt has a broken back, Donahue patch amd left.....

What can you do?  Maybe have a Manager who seems on the ball, and we dont have that as far as I can tell.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #314 on: Saturday, January 16, 2021, 17:03:13 »

I know our attack doesn't look like much, but we score a reasonable number of goals - more than several teams in the top 10. The problem is we concede more than two goals a game and have kept one clean sheet all season. You can't win more than occasional games if you give the other team a two goal head start every week.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 ... 29   Go Up
Print
Jump to: