Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 29   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Doncaster pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 34021 times)
dphunt88

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Wednesday, January 13, 2021, 12:55:01 »

Ah yes but now it would be a Twine Tuesday. That will make all the difference, just ask Rich P.

"Scott Saturdays" and "Twine Tuesdays"....

all of which means we'll go unbeaten for the rest of the season now he's back!  Grin

Enthusiastic Loathed Strangers Podcast contributor.
Local media whore.
Ernie Hunt's second cousin, honest!
Overweight local cricket all-rounder!
HorlocksLegs

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Thursday, January 14, 2021, 14:02:55 »

Today's press conference summary.

Wright on injuries: “No news on injuries. Ellis Iandolo is back running but Saturday is too early for him. Joel Grant is fit but Tom Broadbent isn’t. Freeman is training but not ready for selection.” #stfc #efl

Wright on Doncaster: “I thought we played well when we went there earlier in the season but I don’t think there is a massive gap between us and them. We want to play with freedom but we have to be more clinical in both boxes.” #stfc #efl

Wright on Pitman: “I think he did well against Ipswich and his movement in the box was very good.” #stfc #efl

Wright on Twine contract: “The way we have managed him has been first class and the goal he scored the other day will have people looking at him. We want to keep him at the club but everyone has a price.” #stfc #efl

Wright on Twine: “He is an excellent trainer and has that desire to get better.” #stfc #efl

There was a long pause, 8 minutes to be exact between the last tweet talking about Twine and saying Tommy Wright has now left, maybe some talk about transfers that they don't want to make public yet?

« Last Edit: Thursday, January 14, 2021, 14:06:56 by HorlocksLegs » Logged
Panda Paws

« Reply #32 on: Friday, January 15, 2021, 11:04:11 »

Would like to see a couple of changes for tomorrow, but don't think he'll change anything. Knowing Freeman is not ready yet and Hunt is suspended, Caddis stays in for now.

Travers
Caddis Conroy Fryers Thompson
                Lyden
J Smith Twine M Smith DJ
               T Smith

At home, I'd like to see us go a little more offensive, with J Smith coming in, and I'd give Tyler a run up top too, although that seems unlikely. Just so much more mobile than Pitman, and helps us with the press.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #33 on: Friday, January 15, 2021, 11:16:42 »

Would like to see a couple of changes for tomorrow, but don't think he'll change anything. Knowing Freeman is not ready yet and Hunt is suspended, Caddis stays in for now.

Travers
Caddis Conroy Fryers Thompson
                Lyden
J Smith Twine M Smith DJ
               T Smith

At home, I'd like to see us go a little more offensive, with J Smith coming in, and I'd give Tyler a run up top too, although that seems unlikely. Just so much more mobile than Pitman, and helps us with the press.
I would go with that but I would play Pitman instead of Tyler up front, Pitman put himself about at Ipswich quite well, I personally would like to see Jonny back on the right wing and use Palmer there for away games where we need more defensive cover.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Friday, January 15, 2021, 11:44:40 »

Presume the pitch will be OK tomorrow?

How’s the weather?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Friday, January 15, 2021, 11:48:39 »

How’s the weather?
Cold but not freezing today. Tomorrow is forecast to be slightly warmer (but still cold) and drizzly
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Friday, January 15, 2021, 11:51:31 »

Don't change a relatively successful formula unless you really have to.

Nothing to see here
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Friday, January 15, 2021, 11:59:22 »

Pitman did a lot of unselfish work against Ipswich which helped take the pressure off us a few times. Won a few free kicks and headers which Tyler probably wouldn't have.

I'd start Pitman and bring Smith on later to play alongside Brett if needed or to replace him if he's knackered.

Personally would keep the same team. Palmer and Lyden in the midfield helped us control a fair chunk of the match last week, especially first half. A load of matches this season have seen us go behind very early and you're left chasing the game. Hopefully we can start growing into games a bit more now - they should be confident.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Friday, January 15, 2021, 12:11:32 »

How’s the weather?

26c but a bit grey  Smiley
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Friday, January 15, 2021, 13:03:18 »

I would go with that but I would play Pitman instead of Tyler up front, Pitman put himself about at Ipswich quite well, I personally would like to see Jonny back on the right wing and use Palmer there for away games where we need more defensive cover.

Palmers final ball was pretty naff against Ipswich but his attacking intent was sacrificed very early on.
He deserved to keep his place and deserves a chance to see/show how well he can attack without the limitations he had against Ipswich.

Then if he really offers no attacking threat switch him up for Smith.
« Last Edit: Friday, January 15, 2021, 13:34:11 by DV Canio » Logged
welshred

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Friday, January 15, 2021, 13:19:54 »

100%. You don't change a winning team unless you're forced into it.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Friday, January 15, 2021, 13:30:42 »

Town won one game off the back of a wonder strike (which was great) at a time on the game when they may have crumbled. Yes it looks like they may have found a 'formula' or identity but on the contrary, you set up your side according to the opposition faced.

So I'm sure you'll come back with some short sharp quippy comment claiming "that's what I said" or "that's not what I meant".

*I also used "so" at the start of my sentence on purpose there as I know it pisses you off  Cheesy

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Friday, January 15, 2021, 13:35:18 »

Town won one game off the back of a wonder strike (which was great) at a time on the game when they may have crumbled. Yes it looks like they may have found a 'formula' or identity but on the contrary, you set up your side according to the opposition faced.

So I'm sure you'll come back with some short sharp quippy comment claiming "that's what I said" or "that's not what I meant".

*I also used "so" at the start of my sentence on purpose there as I know it pisses you off  Cheesy

My friend, My thought was merely that the team should remain unchanged.  Nothing more, nothing less.

Nothing to see here
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Friday, January 15, 2021, 13:48:14 »

And also bamboo, there is an argument to be had that playing a team that's relatively settled will make them better as they get to know each others game .

there were effectively 3 new players, 2 in key minefield positions
Flashheart

« Reply #44 on: Friday, January 15, 2021, 13:51:48 »

2 in key minefield positions

Football's a bit risker than I thought!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 29   Go Up
Print
Jump to: