Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 29   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Doncaster pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 34011 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« on: Sunday, January 10, 2021, 12:41:48 »

Getting this in early for the build up.
As most matches are now, this is important for several reasons. We need the points to take the pressure off, but we also need to see if we have turned a corner. A result against a 4th place Doncaster will hopefully confirm we are progressing.
I'll go for 1-1.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, January 10, 2021, 12:46:43 »

They surprisingly didn't look very good in the the first game and we lost to a defensive error.

If we play like we did against Ipswich we can be confident.

If we play like we did against Franchise we will lose by 2 or 3 goals.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
bathford

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, January 10, 2021, 16:47:47 »

I’m looking at a 2-1 win for us. Higher confidence, better players and a clearly better system.
BoA Vagabond

Tufty club

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, January 10, 2021, 17:58:46 »

I'm hoping for a win but doubt the defensive frailties have completely gone off the back of a terrific win. Therefore, I go for 5-1 to us. Need to keep working on that defence.

×× I predict 5-0 to us every game, as those good friends in the DRS know, but we are in a period of change, hence the goal against. Apologies. ✓

Parasitic freeloading season ticket holder scum
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, January 10, 2021, 18:17:39 »

Going on recent experience/results/performances, I have no idea how this might pan out.

Nothing to see here
welshred

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Sunday, January 10, 2021, 20:04:26 »

No reason not be feel relatively confident. They didn’t look particularly good when we played them recently. Definitely a match we can win.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, January 10, 2021, 20:25:43 »

I feel much more confident in the side we saw yesterday than I would have done a week or two ago, but Doncaster are a good side. We've a chance, but probably less than 50:50 and would probably settle for a performance that showed continued improvement rather than suggesting that Ipswich was a false dawn. Either way, our season shouldn't be resting on games like this one.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Sunday, January 10, 2021, 20:45:52 »

I feel much more confident in the side we saw yesterday than I would have done a week or two ago, but Doncaster are a good side. We've a chance, but probably less than 50:50 and would probably settle for a performance that showed continued improvement rather than suggesting that Ipswich was a false dawn. Either way, our season shouldn't be resting on games like this one.

I reckon we have more than a 50/50 chance of beating Doncaster at home as surely winning away at Ipswich would have been seen as a harder fixture plus we suddenly have a decent looking side with the new additions and hopefully more to follow and we've already beaten a top side at home in Hull City

So, give no fucks
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Sunday, January 10, 2021, 21:07:57 »

I reckon we have more than a 50/50 chance of beating Doncaster at home as surely winning away at Ipswich would have been seen as a harder fixture plus we suddenly have a decent looking side with the new additions and hopefully more to follow and we've already beaten a top side at home in Hull City

We're 12/5 to win on Skybet and Doncaster are below evens. Don't get me wrong, I think we're good value at that price, but Doncaster have conceded less than half the amount of goals we have this season and are 13 points above us with three games in hand. I'd certainly take a point!
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Sunday, January 10, 2021, 21:09:54 »

We're 12/5 to win on Skybet and Doncaster are below evens. Don't get me wrong, I think we're good value at that price, but Doncaster have conceded less than half the amount of goals we have this season and are 13 points above us with three games in hand. I'd certainly take a point!

I would take a point but sooner rather than later we will need to start winning a few home games as we have plenty of tough away games to come

So, give no fucks
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Sunday, January 10, 2021, 23:55:28 »

I would take a point but sooner rather than later we will need to start winning a few home games as we have plenty of tough away games to come

I understand your sentiment regarding grabbing a point against donny. I Said to my lad at 0-1 I’d take a point last night. However, after the way we played I think the mentality must be win every game, which we know we’re not going to do but the winning mentality has to prevail. Bare in mind that it looks like we will be adding more to the squad before the transfer window closes (🤞) in which case play offs here we come. Ok, maybe not but we cannot countenance relegation again. PMA and all that.
Formerly Drummer Boy

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Monday, January 11, 2021, 00:58:41 »

I
I believe
I believe that
I believe that we
I believe that we can
I BELIEVE THAT WE CAN WE

Swindon 2 Doncaster 1 with a Pitman double

https://www.drfc-vsc.co.uk/index.php?PHPSESSID=512a3552cb1b06950696be6cb25e378a&topic=279062.0

I used to be that kid with the drum in the Nationwide and Town End - Be nice to me or I'll tell my Mum Smiley
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #12 on: Monday, January 11, 2021, 10:32:37 »

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Monday, January 11, 2021, 10:58:53 »

Not sure home v away games are as big a difference as they would usually be when it's behind closed doors
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Monday, January 11, 2021, 11:01:54 »

Not sure home v away games are as big a difference as they would usually be when it's behind closed doors

A good example is Ipswich. 2nd in Home form, 16th for away form.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 29   Go Up
Print
Jump to: