Poll
Question: Decent performance today but do we have enough in the locker to stay up?
Yes, comfortably
Yes, just
No
Fuck yeah!

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Will we stay up?  (Read 10236 times)
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Sunday, January 10, 2021, 13:02:05 »

Depends on injuries. Still have big CB issues given how injury prone Conroy, Fryers and Baudry are. They probably won't get through February and March with double gameweeks which means Odimayo and Grounds starting at CB which is weak.

Yep and add Lyden to that mix of quality injury prone players. Keep yesterday’s together for a couple of months and we’ll be ok
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Sunday, January 10, 2021, 13:11:31 »

Quote from: Arriba
Judging on yesterday's performance we'll not be in any trouble come the end of the season.

I've said that when we beat Hull.
And that the Oxford result would be a turning point. I meant for us, not them.

I guess the differences is we have new players now

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Sunday, January 10, 2021, 13:25:37 »

I've said that when we beat Hull.
And that the Oxford result would be a turning point. I meant for us, not them.

I guess the differences is we have new players now

I've watched 3 games this season. Rovers, pox and yesterday's. I wasn't at all impressed with the first two matches. Thought we were poor and fortunate in those games. Yesterday was much better. Technically good but do look like an academy side to me where they're still finding their feet and growing with vulnerability and mistakes in them. More than enough to stay up though I think.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Sunday, January 10, 2021, 13:28:07 »

Agree with Arriba. The Rovers and Oxford results were good but the general team performance in both wasn't great, epsecially the latter.

Ipswich performance looked decent for adequate chunks of the game but I'm certainly not sitting back and expecting a sudden rise up the divsion (although that would be very nice).
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Sunday, January 10, 2021, 14:10:34 »

It’s a no for me until we can start winning very two or three games or have spells of five game unbeaten runs.

While there’s plenty of time, we’re having to play catch-up and others will strengthen too.

Great result yesterday with some good-looking new additions, so there’s hope.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Sunday, January 10, 2021, 14:11:16 »

Money where my mouth is
Thanks for the heads up, done the same also took 500-1 for us to finish in the top 6.

* 49F5E605-1367-470A-A222-C74552806B79.png (93.32 KB, 640x1136 - viewed 220 times.)

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Formerly Drummer Boy

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Sunday, January 10, 2021, 15:37:39 »

That's a nice little punt on reaching the Playoffs. I think it's overstretching but anything could be possible on the back of a winning streak?

Which team was it that was in the relegation zone at Christmas, went on a massive run and got promoted via the playoffs a few years back?

I used to be that kid with the drum in the Nationwide and Town End - Be nice to me or I'll tell my Mum Smiley
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Sunday, January 10, 2021, 15:43:56 »

I'm not getting carried away in light of one (pleasing) result.

Nothing to see here
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Sunday, January 10, 2021, 16:27:13 »

Agree with Arriba. The Rovers and Oxford results were good but the general team performance in both wasn't great, epsecially the latter.

Ipswich performance looked decent for adequate chunks of the game but I'm certainly not sitting back and expecting a sudden rise up the divsion (although that would be very nice).
We've looked OK in a few games that we've then gone on to lose this season. If yesterday is the start of us turning that round and we are going to start taking points from games where we deserve to, and maybe chuck in a few like Rovers where we probably didn't (we *always* deserve to beat Pox), then we will be fine. But, as the saying goes, one swallow does not a summer make. Although it's a great way to start off a first date.
Hunk

« Reply #24 on: Sunday, January 10, 2021, 16:55:39 »

That's a nice little punt on reaching the Playoffs. I think it's overstretching but anything could be possible on the back of a winning streak?

Which team was it that was in the relegation zone at Christmas, went on a massive run and got promoted via the playoffs a few years back?

I seem to have Tranmere ringing a little bell in my head
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Sunday, January 10, 2021, 17:07:00 »

May have been barnsley

Nothing to see here
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Monday, January 11, 2021, 01:03:18 »

Palace did it a while back. Think it was when Iain Dowie was there too  Hmmm

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Monday, January 11, 2021, 10:04:30 »

I accepted relegation a while back to be honest. The signings / loan returns have given me a bit of hope but I still think we'll fall short when it comes to it due to our leaky defence.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Monday, January 11, 2021, 16:00:57 »

We've looked OK in a few games that we've then gone on to lose this season. If yesterday is the start of us turning that round and we are going to start taking points from games where we deserve to, and maybe chuck in a few like Rovers where we probably didn't (we *always* deserve to beat Pox), then we will be fine. But, as the saying goes, one swallow does not a summer make. Although it's a great way to start off a first date.
If you'd mentioned Linda Lovelace then you would have echoed PV's points completely.

Teams that play well but lose often go down.
Teams that can 'win ugly' often stay up.

If we can put on the style and win and can also play badly and win then we will easily be in L1 next year.
« Last Edit: Monday, January 11, 2021, 21:14:39 by Nomoreheroes » Logged

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Monday, January 11, 2021, 19:15:53 »

May have been barnsley
That was my recollection.  The Tykes' run was helped early on by a slightly fortunate win at the County Ground IIRC.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: