Poll
Question: How many Tefers have had coronavirus?  (Voting closed: Saturday, January 16, 2021, 21:33:46)
Yes, confirmed - 6 (8.7%)
No - 47 (68.1%)
Not sure - 15 (21.7%)
Mind your own business - 1 (1.4%)
Total Voters: 63

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Who's had the Virus?  (Read 4054 times)
Panda Paws

« Reply #15 on: Saturday, January 9, 2021, 22:48:38 »

There were thousands of people up and down the country who were very ill Nov-Jan and onwards, my Mrs and son included. However, for the amount of people ill at that time the hospitalisations didn’t materialise like we saw when covid kicked in April onwards. That illness spike has been dispelled many times by the medical community as not being covid, just a typical winter virus that we usually get but do get why there are those who thought they may have had it earlier than it actually being recognised. I never got either fortunately.

Interesting, not heard that before.
Bedford Red

Smithers Jones

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Saturday, January 9, 2021, 22:50:19 »

I'm pretty sure i've not had it; but i've got friends who have lost parents to it; and know quite a few people who've had it; one of my nieces has got it at the moment, she's 22 and it's not affected her too much thankfully atm.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Sunday, January 10, 2021, 07:15:47 »

Interesting, not heard that before.

One of the benefits of being sat in a vehicle all day listening to the radio up and down the country.
normy

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Sunday, January 10, 2021, 08:02:35 »

My wife and I definitely had it. She works as a nurse so when we both got symptoms we could have  covid swab  tests, which were positive. She had two days in hospital with very bad breathing, but I was lucky, with just a very bad continuous cough for a few days.

ust be the oldest
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Sunday, January 10, 2021, 08:28:25 »

It is difficult to know. I had many of the symptoms back in Feb - persistent cough, laboured breathing, lack of energy for about 3 weeks. But no loss of taste/smell. Could just have been a normal winter bug.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Sunday, January 10, 2021, 08:56:48 »

Awaiting a test result.
Would expect a negative as just a random selection as part of the Ipsos MORI / Imperial College research project looking at virus spread.

Surprised that the numbers of those suffering from the effects of the so called long covid haven't been more widely publicised.
Might encourage some of those who haven't been that bothered about the virus to take a bit more care.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Hunk

« Reply #21 on: Sunday, January 10, 2021, 09:05:48 »

I don't believe I've had it. Been tested once, obviously came back negative. I work in education and have been very strict about hand washing, mask wearing, social distancing etc. I only personally know one person who has had it, he was in hospital for a while and it didn't look good but is doing fine now
Barnard

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Sunday, January 10, 2021, 10:54:56 »

Came down with something on March 26th. Started with itchy throat and burning sensation in my nose, swiftly followed by a fever which lasted 5 days and caused profuse sweating, muscle pain all over and severe headache. Fever broke and was replaced by a cough which lasted about 2 weeks, which was when I noticed I couldn't taste or smell. Sense of taste returned quite quickly, but my sense of smell still hasn't returned properly. I can smell things, but not as before and some kinds of things I can't smell at all.

Positive antibody test taken in December. The above is the only time I have been ill this year, so can only assume that it was COVID. 
NotHarryAgombar

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Sunday, January 10, 2021, 12:22:32 »

Not had it - I know a number of people who have, two of whom were hospitalised (one last spring, one last month) - a doctor and a teacher respectively, happily both recovering.
Also know someone whose father (Who lived  up north - we live in Surrey) died in the first wave.
 our neighbours opposite (the daughter works in a day nursery) caught it, the others all work from home and were ill last month and a friend returned from a ski trip to Italy with it Again, happily these all seem to have fully recovered.
But it’s close enough for us to carry on being as careful as we can and avoiding unnecessary contact.
I hope those who have had it recover fully.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Sunday, January 10, 2021, 13:22:06 »

Ok, I’ll fess up. My siblings family have had it. The day lockdown started, (though only late last year was it confirmed with an antibody test) which is my birthday. They came round to proffer gifts as you do but rang the bell, got back to their car apologised for cutting and running but they didn’t feel well but were not sure what they had at that point. Fucked off and spent four weeks virtually bed bound. Their late teenaged kids just felt off colour. Other than that I know of two people from the West Midlands who have just gone down with it this side of crimbo. Note my sibling still feels the effects even now though more or less 100% luckily for them they were both furloughed from the start so financially have not been to bad.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Monday, January 11, 2021, 16:33:05 »

So far after 54 votes the TEF appears to have twice the rate of the national average.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Monday, January 11, 2021, 16:37:10 »

So far after 54 votes the TEF appears to have twice the rate of the national average.
First time this forum could ever be described as a hotspot!
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Monday, January 11, 2021, 16:39:12 »

25% Football
80% Bollocks
11% Virus Ridden.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Monday, January 11, 2021, 17:05:57 »

First time this forum could ever be described as a hotspot!

Not a good spot, not in this game.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Monday, January 11, 2021, 17:17:01 »

Not a good spot, not in this game.

Middle
or
Bottom?

* Top_Middle_or_Bottom.jpeg (32.87 KB, 444x333 - viewed 93 times.)

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: