Twine - 7 (9.6%)
Jaiyesimi - 11 (15.1%)
Palmer - 0 (0%)
Pitman - 0 (0%)
A Grant - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 67

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Ipswich T vs STFC MoM  (Read 4021 times)
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« on: Saturday, January 9, 2021, 19:35:43 »

Still prone to defensive brain-freeze but more threat going forward. Nice to have a few choices for MoM today.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, January 9, 2021, 19:42:12 »

Great team performance but Thompson slotted in seamlessly and was a class act. Went for him.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, January 9, 2021, 19:45:52 »

Twine scored a worldie that changed the flow of the game.

But for me, Thompson was fantastic throughout
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, January 9, 2021, 19:50:59 »

Thompson, especially first half. Looked top-notch.

Sent from my XQ-AD51
Formerly Drummer Boy

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, January 9, 2021, 19:52:27 »

Easily Thompson. Championship standard destroying League One. Easy pickings for him all-day long

I used to be that kid with the drum in the Nationwide and Town End - Be nice to me or I'll tell my Mum Smiley
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, January 9, 2021, 19:55:04 »

Got to be Twine just for the insane goal! Impressed with all of them, tbh.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Saturday, January 9, 2021, 20:05:13 »

Anthony Grant was faultless tonight but has to be Thompson. Good going forward and solid defensively. Very impressive debut.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Saturday, January 9, 2021, 20:23:07 »

Travers making "that" save when everyoen had stopped was worthy of a match winner. Thought he looked like a keeper should and gave a really good account. He knows what kind of defence he has in front of him and couldn't be faulted for the Caddy cock up/bad luck and also Caddy ball watched trying to play offside for the other too and was a, spectator. But Caddy did play well strangely except for those key two moments. Good, début for the keeper.

Thompson all day long should take the MoM he is clearly cut above L1 quality. Other than some rather large tabs, he isn't as ugly as some made out. There are much uglier footballers about and in any case, he plays the game quite beautifully. Appeared to be able to defend as well and loves a clean pass; three assists to boot. Donawho?

Mary Palmer looked comfortable for most of the match too and seemed to slot on fairly well. Didn't seem to like a hard challenge bug passed it about well and created a few opening. Got goal envy and tried to emulate Twine but that's good. Confidence breeds confidence and it was nice to see several, even Pitman having a pop from distance. O bet Johnny Smith would have loved being on the pitch tonight!

DJ looked up for it nearly as much as Thompson did, again great to see. He caused trouble for them all night.

But in all fairness, this lad has come back. He's done what he did v Cov in preseason (on TV Freesports), what he's been doing in L2 pretty regular for Old Quay and walks back into the squad to just continue like it ain't no thing.
One swallow doesn't make a summer but the lads been doing this all season. I think if you can't give him a break off the back of that then we'll never be able to appreciate "one of our own". I'm so fucking pleased for him. Scott Twine takes my TEF Man of the Match.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Saturday, January 9, 2021, 21:17:13 »

Thompson was the best player, but went for Lyden as it was so good to have him back and he makes us so much better in a completely unflashy way. brilliant positionly and always looking for the forward pass without taking unnecessary risk
« Last Edit: Saturday, January 9, 2021, 21:18:45 by Boeta » Logged
adje

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Saturday, January 9, 2021, 23:12:58 »

Thompson for me. Solid defensively, bright in attack. DJ close second, terrorised the full back

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Sunday, January 10, 2021, 08:24:21 »

Anthony Grant was faultless tonight but has to be Thompson. Good going forward and solid defensively. Very impressive debut.

Not sure if serious.

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Sunday, January 10, 2021, 08:33:35 »

He had one thing to do....and did it, so technically he’s not wrong.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Sunday, January 10, 2021, 09:25:21 »

Thompson for the solid debut.
Close joint second:
Twine - Goal of the Season.
Conroy - What we have been missing, calm, cool and Captain.
Travers - Keeper’s are allowed to talk during the game, appears we have signed a keeper. Great first half save and didn’t let us down. Got some distance on his kicks. Need to turn the wind tunnel on and he will clear the Stratton Bank Smiley

Overall the shape and discipline first half was excellent.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Sunday, January 10, 2021, 09:27:46 »

I voted Thompson with Diallang a close challenger - based on match performance.

There were two match changing moments.  First Travers' first half save from Judge - which I know Kovar's hesitancy would have prevented him from making.  Second, obviously Scotty's screamer, which abruptly changed the momentum and rocked Ipswich back on their heels.  It was the most beautiful arrow through their hearts.

Glancing at the listed candidates, I wonder who Mme Baudry will be voting for today?
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #14 on: Sunday, January 10, 2021, 10:21:34 »

DJ for me, created so much and scored 2 despite what Pitman says, looked a handful all game.

Thompson ran him close though, Twine scored a fantastic goal but not MoM performance overall but he did do very well.

The only minus point for me was Zeki got slack in the 2nd half cost us 1 goal and almost another with sloppy defending.

Special mention to Travers save early doors that proved vital, spread himself big as all keepers should and got a foot to it, didn't stop waiting for a whistle that never came, excellent, something we have missed so badly since Benda was here.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: