Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 ... 34   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Ipswich v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 38583 times)
Munichred

Ignore
« Reply #420 on: Saturday, January 9, 2021, 21:26:38 »

Can Twine take free kicks?

Yes.  https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwim9fSB5Y_uAhXrzIUKHfA5AcEQwqsBMAB6BAgCEAM&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D0p8zYvCaVrI&usg=AOvVaw1COZ3SpZr67jgKj3rmQ507

If that doesn't work, The Best of Scott Twine, Chippenham Town on YouTube

« Last Edit: Saturday, January 9, 2021, 21:29:30 by Munichred » Logged
mastapeaka

Ignore
« Reply #421 on: Saturday, January 9, 2021, 21:35:56 »

We looked pretty well organised for the first time this season which says something about Sheridan and TW getting an extended time with the players.

New additions added some spark to the dressing room as well as on the park.

I felt the defence looked immediately more confident with Travers in goal so he must have shown something in training which wasnt there before with Kovar.

Thompson was immense and should have been MOTM.

Twine's goal was absolute class. Teams will work out not to give him that much space and he didnt offer too much else just yet.

Pitman was very clever and he's clearly an intelligent player. The more time he gets in the legs I still think he'll come good, 90 minutes in the belt will do wonders.

Lyden back in there released Smith to do his thing and DJ was always a threat. What a great header and move for the goal.

The new lad at RB sounds like a proper signing, interesting that JS saw those areas as key rather than strengthening immediately at CB.

Dry January well and truly broken tonight.  Pint

JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #422 on: Saturday, January 9, 2021, 21:40:12 »

Anyone else still see us really vulnerable to the long ball?
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #423 on: Saturday, January 9, 2021, 21:43:37 »

The new lad at RB sounds like a proper signing, interesting that JS saw those areas as key rather than strengthening immediately at CB.

We already have 7 CBs but had no fit left backs so that and goalie were always going to be the first places to start.

Also Twine did a brilliant pass to Thompson for the 1st goal so a bit harsh to say he didn't offer much apart from the goal.

Agree with everything else you said :-)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #424 on: Saturday, January 9, 2021, 21:45:25 »

Thompson has started perfectly for us, hopefully this type of impact will rub off and give the squad a good confidence boost. Great result, really pleased for the lads. Clap
Panda Paws

« Reply #425 on: Saturday, January 9, 2021, 21:46:13 »

We don't need CBs. We have our first choice pair back at last, and adequate cover.

Still think we'll see a swap of loanees up top and perhaps another wide forward option added. Hoping for another keeper too, but seems unlikely, and maybe one more cm.
mastapeaka

Ignore
« Reply #426 on: Saturday, January 9, 2021, 21:47:03 »

We already have 7 CBs but had no fit left backs so that and goalie were always going to be the first places to start.

Also Twine did a brilliant pass to Thompson for the 1st goal so a bit harsh to say he didn't offer much apart from the goal.

Agree with everything else you said :-)

Yeah fair one on being overloaded at CB but the goals conceded would suggest a problem centrally whoever was there. What do you think will happen with Grounds who has played but us fans all see him as the weak link?

Twine yes good pass, maybe I being a little harsh  Embarrassed
mastapeaka

Ignore
« Reply #427 on: Saturday, January 9, 2021, 21:49:32 »

Anyone else still see us really vulnerable to the long ball?

Potentially with if oppo have a big lad up front there's no towering CB in there to deal with it. Team is set up to target second balls and drop downs rather than win the first header which is risky in Lges 1 and 2 IMO
BoA Vagabond

Tufty club

Ignore
« Reply #428 on: Saturday, January 9, 2021, 22:19:03 »

Brilliant Town!! Had to miss the game but so happy that we won. Pint time!

Parasitic freeloading season ticket holder scum
Boy About Town
Pricko

Often outnumbered, never outgunned.

Ignore
« Reply #429 on: Saturday, January 9, 2021, 22:36:07 »

Somewhere in a chalet in Switzerland, Lee Power has came about 6 figures.

Fuck this. Scott Twine IS our Lord & fucking Saviour. That was fucking World class.

We look like we have a fucking actual footballing identity that we can be proud of.

Thompson btw, he is an immense signing.

Absolutely solid

Now, ain't that just like me?
Boy About Town
Pricko

Often outnumbered, never outgunned.

Ignore
« Reply #430 on: Saturday, January 9, 2021, 22:36:27 »

Caddis eliminated from the Royal Rumble there, straight over the advertising hoardings.

Girl Giggle

Now, ain't that just like me?
WEBBERhyde

Ignore
« Reply #431 on: Saturday, January 9, 2021, 22:38:30 »

Won’t repeat the obvious stuff already mentioned by most but...;

I wasn’t overly concerned compared to many when we were only losing narrowly but not creating much.
Then went full gloom in December when the results continued to be shit and no one from top to bottom of the club appeared to give a fuck.
Only one match in but the transfer activity so far does indicate that between Power, Jewell and Sheridan, they do have a vested interest in keeping us up and have reasonable confidence of us doing it.

Only major gripe from the game was Sheridan not making any changes again when it was clear pitman was fucked in that last 15 minutes. Easy to blame a defensive cock up from fryers for their 2nd, but like Ippo’s first, it was only a matter of time before one went in because the ball just kept coming back into our final 3rd immediately after clearing it. Hope should have been coming on (plus one or two others) in that last 10 to hold the ball up the other end of the pitch or at least chase Ippo defenders about. Don’t understand why the subs weren’t used. It’s so obvious.

Great win though.
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #432 on: Saturday, January 9, 2021, 22:44:15 »

Yeah fair one on being overloaded at CB but the goals conceded would suggest a problem centrally whoever was there. What do you think will happen with Grounds who has played but us fans all see him as the weak link?

I'd have thought that he is at least 4th choice so may want to move on.
Conroy and Fryers are 1st choice with Baudry and Odi probably the main back up.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #433 on: Saturday, January 9, 2021, 22:58:21 »

Won’t repeat the obvious stuff already mentioned by most but...;

I wasn’t overly concerned compared to many when we were only losing narrowly but not creating much.
Then went full gloom in December when the results continued to be shit and no one from top to bottom of the club appeared to give a fuck.
Only one match in but the transfer activity so far does indicate that between Power, Jewell and Sheridan, they do have a vested interest in keeping us up and have reasonable confidence of us doing it.

Only major gripe from the game was Sheridan not making any changes again when it was clear pitman was fucked in that last 15 minutes. Easy to blame a defensive cock up from fryers for their 2nd, but like Ippo’s first, it was only a matter of time before one went in because the ball just kept coming back into our final 3rd immediately after clearing it. Hope should have been coming on (plus one or two others) in that last 10 to hold the ball up the other end of the pitch or at least chase Ippo defenders about. Don’t understand why the subs weren’t used. It’s so obvious.

Great win though.

Whilst Pitman was clearly blowing towards the end I assume he wasnt subbed off as Sheridan didn’t think Hope or Smith would have the same physical presence up there.

I mean you’re right in saying the ball kept coming back but I’m not sure bringing on more mobile strikers would have made much difference
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #434 on: Saturday, January 9, 2021, 23:01:10 »

We looked pretty well organised for the first time this season which says something about Sheridan and TW getting an extended time with the players.

New additions added some spark to the dressing room as well as on the park.

I felt the defence looked immediately more confident with Travers in goal so he must have shown something in training which wasnt there before with Kovar.

Thompson was immense and should have been MOTM.

Twine's goal was absolute class. Teams will work out not to give him that much space and he didnt offer too much else just yet.

Pitman was very clever and he's clearly an intelligent player. The more time he gets in the legs I still think he'll come good, 90 minutes in the belt will do wonders.

Lyden back in there released Smith to do his thing and DJ was always a threat. What a great header and move for the goal.

Dry January well and truly broken tonight.  Pint

They have trained every day last week.
Jewell is taking a fair few sessions, read what you want from that but the players are definitely up for it and there is a togetherness.
Watched the last goal celebration and looked a tight unit.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 ... 34   Go Up
Print
Jump to: