Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 ... 34   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Ipswich v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 38537 times)
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #390 on: Saturday, January 9, 2021, 19:42:49 »

Travers - 9 - Brilliant save in the first half to keep us ahead. Looked very solid
Caddis - 6 - Good going forward. Looked slow in defending
Conroy - 7 - Solid and unspectacular. Cross field passes in first half were poor
Fryers - 6 - Panicked towards the end. Struggled with Norwood and Judge movement.
Thompson - 10 - Best LB performance I have seen for Town in many a year. Snuffed out Jackson completely. Crossing was awesome. Attacking he looked as good as defending! Complete performance!!
M Smith - 7 - Steady if unspectacular. Passing was a bit too hard at times
Lyden - 8 - Same as Smith.
DJ - 7 - Cracking header for first. Pitman stopped another. Lucky with the second. Other than that, blew hot and cold. Defended a little too deep when we were under the cosh. Bit quicker moving forward would have helped.
Pitman - 8 - Physical presence. Didn't win everything, but cause problems. Did the dirty work and covered a lot of ground.
Twine - 8 - Flicks and passes for all of the goals and goal of the season, decade and millennium!
Palmer - 7 - Helped Caddis a lot and gave up a lot of attacking option because of it. When he did break forward, his crossing was poor.

« Last Edit: Saturday, January 9, 2021, 19:58:20 by Nomoreheroes » Logged

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #391 on: Saturday, January 9, 2021, 19:45:33 »

Well fuck me sideways, I wasn't expecting that!

Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #392 on: Saturday, January 9, 2021, 19:46:47 »

JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #393 on: Saturday, January 9, 2021, 19:47:20 »

Good win. Hopefully not a one off. Thompson got all 3 assists, not sure he did much for Twines though  Cheesy
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #394 on: Saturday, January 9, 2021, 19:47:35 »

Much better shape.
Keeper gave the defence confidence. Conroy absolutely class and steadied the defence.
Goal of the season.
That was a Relegation team refusing to die, the shape first half exceptional.
The left back my motm.
We have more than Hallam Hope now, real Hope.

Absolutely bouncing and that goal .....BOOM.
Pitman led the line much better. Everything was much better without a clown in goal (sorry but a shambles).
Equaliser DJ needs to stop showboating but no complaints.

Last 5 minutes my nerves.

Get in, get pissed and what a result.
Fuck you Terry Butcher.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #395 on: Saturday, January 9, 2021, 19:47:53 »

Also very impressed by Travers' game management - I thought he was a dead cert to get booked at the end with the time he was wasting!
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #396 on: Saturday, January 9, 2021, 19:51:26 »

Also very impressed by Travers' game management - I thought he was a dead cert to get booked at the end with the time he was wasting!
Loved the way he fell on all fours for every routine pick up.  And his first half save from Judge when clean through was not one Kovar would have made.  Thompson easily MOM but all dfeneders today, inc. esp. Travers, made the result.  And baby Scotty  Pint
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #397 on: Saturday, January 9, 2021, 19:52:09 »

The biggest fuck you to Ritchie Wellens sent in the mail with a first class stamp
Love it

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Rapidflyer

Ignore
« Reply #398 on: Saturday, January 9, 2021, 19:54:56 »

Travers - 9 - Brilliant save in the first half to keep us ahead. Looked very solid
Caddis - 6 - Good going forward. Looked slow in defending
Conroy - 7 - Solid and unspectacular. Cross field passes in first half were poor
Fryers - 6 - Panicked towards the end. Struggled with Norwood and Judge movement.
Thompson - 10 - Best LB performance I have seen for Town in many a year. Snuffed out Jackson completely. Crossing was awesome. Attacking he looked as good as defending! Complete performance!!
M Smith - 7 - Steady if unspectacular
Lyden - 8 - Same as Smith.
DJ - 7 - Cracking header for first. Pitman stopped another. Lucky with the second. Other than that, blew hot and cold. Defended a little too deep when we were under the cosh. Bit quicker moving forward would have helped.
Pitman - 8 - Physical presence. Didn't win everything, but cause problems. Did the dirty work and covered a lot of ground.
Twine - 8 - Flicks and passes for all of the goals and goal of the season, decade and millennium!
Palmer - 7 - Helped Caddis a lot and gave up a lot of attacking option because of it. When he did break forward, his crossing was poor.

This.... Good Synopsis.... Clap
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #399 on: Saturday, January 9, 2021, 19:59:32 »

Twine's goal was stunning, but I'd rate Taylor's free-kick at Wycombe the best I've seen this millennium, probably followed by Cox v Fenerbahce, Cox v Walsall and the team goal finished off by Parkin in the cup at Leeds.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #400 on: Saturday, January 9, 2021, 20:02:31 »

Can Twine take free kicks?

Why it’s taken 20 odd shambolic games to get it right is beyond belief. Easy to point fingers, though.

But at long last we have hope.
welshred

Ignore
« Reply #401 on: Saturday, January 9, 2021, 20:06:16 »

Can Twine take free kicks?

Why it’s taken 20 odd shambolic games to get it right is beyond belief. Easy to point fingers, though.

But at long last we have hope.

Whilst there have clearly been some mistakes made by management, we’ve been ravaged by injuries early in the season ans only now getting our first 11 out there.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #402 on: Saturday, January 9, 2021, 20:11:54 »

Sheridan:
- Work ethic good
- Played good passages of football
- Deserved to win the game
- We held on
- Most important thing is 3 points
- Good performance to take home the 3 points
- Good shape. Good performace
- Ipswich didnt trouble us much
- Just because hes bringing other players in, doesnt mean they will start
- Twine scored a spectacular goal
- Palmer solid
- Keeper solid
- Caddis solid (I don't necessarily agree)
- Goals that we conceded were soft
- Massive plus to take points off Ipswich
- Didnt want to single out players
- Twine's was a good strike. Should have done better with the chance in the first half.
- First goal was excellent. Great passage of football
- DJ claiming the third. Shez didn't believe him, but it doesn't matter. We won
- Ball was put in a dangerous area and ended up in the net
- 7 changes: On a bit of a run, as our performances have been good in the last 7 games, apart from one half against MK and some silly mistake
- We can cope with most teams in the league
- Shape was good tonight
- Freeman short of match time. Big, big signing
- All new signings will hopefully make us stronger
- Just want people fighting for their place
« Last Edit: Saturday, January 9, 2021, 20:14:03 by Nomoreheroes » Logged

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
NotHarryAgombar

Ignore
« Reply #403 on: Saturday, January 9, 2021, 20:18:19 »

A good performance and result - overall we deserved to win.
First half could have been 2 up.
New players and returning loanees all did well, as indeed did the rest of the team.
I particularly like seeing Lyden back as he does simple things effectively , and Conroy at the back.
Twine did well - his pass to Thompson for the first goal was excellent, as well as his goal. I agree with those who said Thompson was mom. looked really good at LB. Defence generally more solid but te ball over the top still an issue. Travers clearly an upgrade on Kovar and Fryer.
I was surprised we didn’t make a couple of subs shortly after conceding the second - to break up play mainly. Hope for Pitman, and expected Grant for M Smith or Lyden slightly earlier than it eventually happened.

If we can add a forward and stop conceding soft goals we’ll soon climb the table.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #404 on: Saturday, January 9, 2021, 20:20:47 »

Still shipped our obligatory 2 goals, though. If we are looking upwards we really need to be keeping a few clean sheets.

Get Freeman in in place of Caddis, sign a half decent striker, get Jonny Smith firing and it’s looking good.

My dilemma is that I haven’t had a drink since NYE and I’m a bit of a superstitious person, so does that mean I have to keep off the sauce?
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 ... 34   Go Up
Print
Jump to: