Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 ... 34   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Ipswich v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 38558 times)
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #375 on: Saturday, January 9, 2021, 19:29:50 »

Superb - we played some brilliant stuff and defended well for the majority. What an encouraging start to the month and more to come in the transfer window too.

Twine...what a transformation!
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #376 on: Saturday, January 9, 2021, 19:30:09 »

Superb to be honest. Ony 2 individual errors stopped a better looking scoreline. I would still be looking at one extra centre half for a couple of reasons. There is no way can rely on Fryers both physically or technically

Onwards and upwards now, Thompson man of the match for me
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #377 on: Saturday, January 9, 2021, 19:31:07 »

Great 3 points, good performance at times, still some issues to solve.

Twine's finish was superb.

DJ was a menace at times.

Generally our shape was good in defence.

Still far too passive when defending one on one though.  Until Twine scored we looked like we were going to lose that and we still let them back into it.

I'd suggest Caddis is serving his final days now, he really does seem to be struggling in defence.

Conroy and Fryers looked good for 90 mins, but had 5 minutes between them throughout the game where they let themselves get bullied, turned and generally feeble.  Hopefully as they play more games together they will grow and we can build a much more sold foundation.

Palmer did a job, Smith had his least effective game but seemed more focused on holding a position.  Lyden was OK, some dodgy passes but calm most of the time and will get better.

Could do with a forward - we were defending with 10 men at times.  If you could blend Pitman and Smith you'd have a good player.  Pitman was much better on he ball though.

Overall, far more positives and the new guys have added to the team.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #378 on: Saturday, January 9, 2021, 19:31:38 »

Any highlighios online yet so I can see the Twine goal you lot are saying is really good?

https://twitter.com/jiff1967/status/1347981362540765186
cdakev

Ignore
« Reply #379 on: Saturday, January 9, 2021, 19:31:51 »

Fantastic win. We needed that. Didn't expect anything from today. Season starts today. Let's kick on !
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #380 on: Saturday, January 9, 2021, 19:32:09 »

Do Newport fancy taking any of our other fringe lads on loan for a bit and working that magic?
Rapidflyer

Ignore
« Reply #381 on: Saturday, January 9, 2021, 19:32:32 »

Look he hasn’t played well for us for months so I don’t think he’s deserving of a place on the pitch in comparison to the other players we now have available!

That is your opinion.... The team won celebrate that instead of slagging off players...

As a point look at how many previous goals he made as a major contributor plus the the 3 goals scored....
Formerly Drummer Boy

Ignore
« Reply #382 on: Saturday, January 9, 2021, 19:32:35 »

I still believed when we lost to Franchise and I'm ever more in belief now. Top half finish if we can carry on that level of performance.

Hats off to Power, Jewell and Sheridan and backroom staff, you've proved me right  Woot Jumping

Tough run of games coming up but this will define our season. Let's do this!

I used to be that kid with the drum in the Nationwide and Town End - Be nice to me or I'll tell my Mum Smiley
Flashheart

« Reply #383 on: Saturday, January 9, 2021, 19:32:37 »

What a goal from Twine. Wordly
Ticker45

Ignore
« Reply #384 on: Saturday, January 9, 2021, 19:33:57 »

Anthony Grant at least got a touch in his ten second appearance.

Was getting a bit twitchy in the last few minutes it must be said but having Conroy and Fryers together as a central unit makes us look far more solid.

Great result.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is unknown but today could be a whole lot better.
Formerly Drummer Boy

Ignore
« Reply #385 on: Saturday, January 9, 2021, 19:34:16 »

Good win, now if we can string some results together we can start moving up the table!

Play offs beckon.

Careful, you'll have DV telling you you're being OTT  Clap

I used to be that kid with the drum in the Nationwide and Town End - Be nice to me or I'll tell my Mum Smiley
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #386 on: Saturday, January 9, 2021, 19:36:38 »

Interest now shifts to who the new striker(s) may be. Definitely more hope now than this time last week.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #387 on: Saturday, January 9, 2021, 19:37:08 »

Keeper looked decent, although hardly troubled. Great save from what I thought was the office change.

Caddis looked sharp going forward yet a yard off the pace in defence. Booking early probably didn’t help. Connory was solid. I barely noticed him which as a defender his probably a good think. Fryers was solid for the most part but a few dodgy moments

Thompson was solid defensively and decent going forward. Linked up well with DJ. Man of the Match for me.

Smith and Lyden were good in the middle. Got on the ball and kept it well (apart from the first 15 mins of the second half) as did Twine. Thought he looked extremely composed and playing deeper with the game and goal on front of him suites him a lot better than being out wide or further up front.

If Ronaldo has hit that we’d be seeing replayed if it for the next decade.

I thought Palmer was very good. His final ball was poor and he didn’t offer much going forward but I’ve played enough games on the wing myself to know you have those sort of games where you sacrifice going forward to offer extra cover to the full back. He did that very well and at no point would I have replaced him with a more attacking player.

DJ played well, apart from dicking about with it too much and giving it away for their first goal.

Our third goal summed up Pitmans entire game. Technically he didn’t do or offer a lot but he was effective. He was always there to challenge for the call, to put pressure on the defender, to get in the way.

We played very well first half. Although Pitman wasnt winning all the headers we were still picking up second ball, we didn’t do this half as well second half. It’s what ultimately lead to Ipswich getting it back to 1-1. At that point you wonder whether we are going to crumble or not. We might have but for Twine’s moment of magic.

Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #388 on: Saturday, January 9, 2021, 19:38:12 »

Great win. Not a bad performance out there but Fryers made me nervous last 10 after looking sold all night.

That Twine goal was insane. We looked threatening all game. Surely have too much about us to worry about going down but will need to string a couple of wins together to get us out of the soup.

Palmer and Twine brilliant re-additions to the squad.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #389 on: Saturday, January 9, 2021, 19:40:57 »

Anyone think Twine will be going back to The Exiles? I don’t for one.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 ... 34   Go Up
Print
Jump to: