Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 34   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Ipswich v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 38531 times)
Miles Mayhem

Ignore
« Reply #225 on: Saturday, January 9, 2021, 18:20:26 »

What a great first half. Glad the newbies have slotted in so well. Credit to Mr Grumpy
Formerly Drummer Boy

Ignore
« Reply #226 on: Saturday, January 9, 2021, 18:21:11 »

What a world of difference.

Travers looks like he’s on the same level, if not better, than Benda
Thompson is just sheer quality on that left back role. So lucky and shrew to have signed him.
Conroy and Zeki look solid in the middle
And Caddis is possibly our weakest link in that back line but doing what he does best.

Looks like Twine is playing that 10 role.
Is it me or has Pitman not won a header yet?
Matty Palmer is going to be another one that proves Wellens wrong

Buzzing that we’re starting to finally play to our potential. So underrated and we’ll be climbing the league soon. I’ll say it now, top half finish, dark horses for the playoffs if we carry on this level of performance. Bring on the 2nd half.

I used to be that kid with the drum in the Nationwide and Town End - Be nice to me or I'll tell my Mum Smiley
Rapidflyer

Ignore
« Reply #227 on: Saturday, January 9, 2021, 18:21:16 »

Very impressed with Thompson ....all the danger and goal coming from down the left.

Let's see 90 at 1-0 at least !!!!!

Fitness of a few could be an issue mid 2nd half so fingers crossed,  great first half.
STFC no2 fan

« Reply #228 on: Saturday, January 9, 2021, 18:22:59 »

Nothing coming down the right though...
Hopefully he will thrive playing in front of a much-improved back four. COYMR.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #229 on: Saturday, January 9, 2021, 18:23:21 »

I was glad the 1/2 time whistle went when it did. We looked to be tiring in the last 5 mins. Important to go in ahead.

Thought Thompson looks immense! Travers kept us in the game with an important save.

Palmer has been helping Caddis, who looks good going forward, but a yard off the pace in defence.

M Smith hitting hard passes

Conroy cross field balls don't work

Pitman hustling. Shame he got in the way for DJs second chance.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
welshred

Ignore
« Reply #230 on: Saturday, January 9, 2021, 18:23:23 »

Thompson is just sheer quality on that left back role. So lucky and shrew to have signed him.
And Caddis is possibly our weakest link in that back line but doing what he does best.

Buzzing that we’re starting to finally play to our potential. So underrated and we’ll be climbing the league soon. I’ll say it now, top half finish, dark horses for the playoffs if we carry on this level of performance. Bring on the 2nd half.

I hope to god you’re right but let’s not get ahead of ourselves. We’ve had some great first halves this season only to capitulate in the second.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #231 on: Saturday, January 9, 2021, 18:24:06 »

Waaay ott
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #232 on: Saturday, January 9, 2021, 18:24:39 »

Good half.  Thompson looks a very tidy player and has added a bit of pace in recovery in the defence as well.  The shape has been good, but I am not sure about the Twine/Palmer positions, think they should be swapped.  Palmer is doing alright but Twine looks a bit lost and Lyden has been pointing him through at times.  It's working though.

Caddis looks half decent on the ball and an old man defending at times.  That side worries me a bit.

If only we could put a different engine in Pitman.  Probably his most "effective" game thus far, but it's like watching me move about at times.

Travers is a massive upgrade and is massive as well.

Overall, we have another goal in us, but I do fear we will concede one.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #233 on: Saturday, January 9, 2021, 18:26:36 »

Good half.  Thompson looks a very tidy player and has added a bit of pace in recovery in the defence as well.  The shape has been good, but I am not sure about the Twine/Palmer positions, think they should be swapped.  Palmer is doing alright but Twine looks a bit lost and Lyden has been pointing him through at times.  It's working though.

Caddis looks half decent on the ball and an old man defending at times.  That side worries me a bit.

If only we could put a different engine in Pitman.  Probably his most "effective" game thus far, but it's like watching me move about at times.

Travers is a massive upgrade and is massive as well.

Overall, we have another goal in us, but I do fear we will concede one.
I agree on all that.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #234 on: Saturday, January 9, 2021, 18:26:41 »

Good half that. Only concern is with Caddis on a booking and likely tiring we could really have done with Odimayo on the bench. Really hope he’s injured and not there so that the ball boy can sit on the bench.
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #235 on: Saturday, January 9, 2021, 18:26:45 »

Still plenty of time to throw it away but I am confident that they will hang on for a deserved 3 points

Nothing to see here
Flashheart

« Reply #236 on: Saturday, January 9, 2021, 18:27:11 »

I have Russian commentary

So here's some Russian half time ska

STFC no2 fan

« Reply #237 on: Saturday, January 9, 2021, 18:28:00 »

We've been shocking for weeks apart from Crewe 1st 30 mins (Oxford included). Not OTT, the boys have looked mint first half....
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #238 on: Saturday, January 9, 2021, 18:36:22 »

There is something in between shocking and mint though, and I'll be quite happy being in the "competent or a bit better" category for the rest of the season!
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #239 on: Saturday, January 9, 2021, 18:36:56 »

Big chance for Twine.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 34   Go Up
Print
Jump to: