Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 34   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Ipswich v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 38566 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Saturday, January 9, 2021, 08:19:00 »

By ‘off’ I meant no longer our player.

But who would buy him now, send him back to us when they could sign him for nowt in June.
« Last Edit: Saturday, January 9, 2021, 08:20:50 by The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey » Logged
Panda Paws

« Reply #76 on: Saturday, January 9, 2021, 08:24:32 »

By ‘off’ I meant no longer our player.

But who would buy him now, send him back to us when they could sign him for nowt in June.

Wouldn't be free in the summer, assuming we offer him a new deal.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Saturday, January 9, 2021, 08:30:25 »

Well, yeah. But if he wants to go another club in June he’ll pocket a decent signing on fee and all we’ll get is a paltry development fee. Just cos we offer him a new deal doesn’t  mean he’ll take it
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #78 on: Saturday, January 9, 2021, 10:09:21 »

I have a feeling after Odimayo not looking as comfortable at RB last week that he will recall Caddis and we will line up as....

Travers
Caddis    Conroy    Fryers     Thompson
        Palmer     M Smith     Lyden
DJ                                            Twine
                     Pitman

Subs:
Matthews
Odimayo
Baudry
Grounds
T Smith
J Smith
Payne

I don't think he will have recalled Twine and Palmer to not have them play, will start with Thompson and Travers and Freeman I don't think will be assessed as being fit enough yet, certainly to start but may creep on the bench possibly in the place of Odimayo.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Saturday, January 9, 2021, 10:27:54 »

I have a feeling after Odimayo not looking as comfortable at RB last week that he will recall Caddis and we will line up as....

Travers
Caddis    Conroy    Fryers     Thompson
        Palmer     M Smith     Lyden
DJ                                            Twine
                     Pitman

Subs:
Matthews
Odimayo
Baudry
Grounds
T Smith
J Smith
Payne

I don't think he will have recalled Twine and Palmer to not have them play, will start with Thompson and Travers and Freeman I don't think will be assessed as being fit enough yet, certainly to start but may creep on the bench possibly in the place of Odimayo.

no no no. that looks like far too many players in correct positions! I would be very happy for that team today.

one thought- hasn't twine been playing centrally? without treating him like the messiah we should look to play him exactly how Newport have if we are going to make the recall work
Peter Venkman

« Reply #80 on: Saturday, January 9, 2021, 10:37:08 »

no no no. that looks like far too many players in correct positions! I would be very happy for that team today.

one thought- hasn't twine been playing centrally? without treating him like the messiah we should look to play him exactly how Newport have if we are going to make the recall work
Absolutely, Twine has played in a central attacking midfield position, I feel we will play him wide left but in a free role swapping with DJ, maybe they play a bit more centrally.

Travers
Caddis    Conroy    Fryers     Thompson
        Palmer     M Smith     Lyden
               DJ              Twine
                     Pitman

Possibly more like a Christmas tree 433 with less width?

Formerly Drummer Boy

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Saturday, January 9, 2021, 12:54:10 »

Yeah mostly played in that number 10 role. But if you play DJ and J. Smith further up the pitch, it’s more of a 4-3-3 formation to support Pitman. It’s going to be interesting see how it lines up.

Looks like Sam Parkin is in the Sky Sports studio as a pundit today!

I used to be that kid with the drum in the Nationwide and Town End - Be nice to me or I'll tell my Mum Smiley
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Saturday, January 9, 2021, 12:57:04 »

Yeah mostly played in that number 10 role. But if you play DJ and J. Smith further up the pitch, it’s more of a 4-3-3 formation to support Pitman. It’s going to be interesting see how it lines up.

Looks like Sam Parkin is in the Sky Sports studio as a pundit today!

I don't think Johnny Smith is playing!

So, give no fucks
Flashheart

« Reply #83 on: Saturday, January 9, 2021, 14:06:26 »

which Kodi plugin do we need?

Anybody?
Peter Venkman

« Reply #84 on: Saturday, January 9, 2021, 14:08:24 »

which Kodi plugin do we need?

Anybody?
I am about to have a look mate and if i can find it i will let you know, normally its sports devil.

Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Saturday, January 9, 2021, 14:15:07 »

Which app do I need for amazon fire stick or is there a website ?
Panda Paws

« Reply #86 on: Saturday, January 9, 2021, 14:23:56 »

A Now TV day pass might be a simpler solution if you can stomach the cost.
Formerly Drummer Boy

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Saturday, January 9, 2021, 14:47:02 »

NOW TV Sky Sports Day Pass for £9.99. You can stream from 2 devices from no extra cost so sharing account details and going splits with a mate for a fiver each. Can download the NOW TV app to mobile, tablet or laptop device. Most smart TV’s will have the app downloadable too. Hope that helps

I used to be that kid with the drum in the Nationwide and Town End - Be nice to me or I'll tell my Mum Smiley
Cookie

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Saturday, January 9, 2021, 15:31:08 »

I am about to have a look mate and if i can find it i will let you know, normally its sports devil.

The Crew is one I use for other stuff but normally has some decent links for sports. 
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Saturday, January 9, 2021, 15:35:53 »

What time are we on? I want to treat this like a 1970s FA Cup Final. I want Its a Knockout on before and other Ipswich vs Swindon themed programs in the build ups. I want to see the coaches going to the ground. Interviews with managers and players and fans.

So excited!
« Last Edit: Saturday, January 9, 2021, 16:25:54 by Nomoreheroes » Logged

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 34   Go Up
Print
Jump to: