Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 34   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Ipswich v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 37715 times)
Private Fraser

Ignore
« on: Thursday, January 7, 2021, 13:12:54 »

From today's press conference:

Sheridan on transfers:
It’s important we bring players to freshen us us and make us strong. I am very pleased with the signings so far and we should have one or two more in the next week. We’re in a fight at the moment and need to be strong.

Sheridan on Dominic Thompson:
He’s a very attack minded player and he wanted to come here to play. When he goes back to Brentford he will have games under our belt and that is an area we need to be stronger.

Sheridan on Kovar departure:
He’s a young keeper who has come out on loan and I just feel we need to be stronger in that department.

Sheridan on Palmer and Twine:
They are here to push people who are here and now they have to force their way into the side. Scott Twine has done excellent at Newport and I like what I see.

Sheridan on Twine:
While I’m here I will try to improve him. He’s done well at Newport and comes to us as a much confident player. Newport made an offer but I want him back here and he is our player.

Sheridan on departures:
We have to work around what is best for us. I’m not going to keep loan players here who aren’t in the team. We are looking good squad size and if I was a player then I would want to be playing.

Sheridan on Joe Fryer:
We won’t be extending Joe’s contract and he will be leaving. Joe understands the decision and hopefully he will go on and be successful.

Sheridan on Archie Matthews:
He will be out number two and I like the way he trains.

Sheridan on incomings:
Saturday might be a bit too soon but we are trying to get players in as quick as possible.

Sheridan on Covid testing:
Cases keep popping up more frequently and it is important people do things in the right manner. Hopefully we can resolve the situation.

Sheridan on injuries:
We have one or two niggles but hopefully everyone will be ready for Saturday.

Sheridan on Ipswich:
Ipswich are a big team for this league and are a solid outfit. They started the season well but have been inconsistent. We have to go there and be strong. When we switch off we can be very vulnerable but we go there with confidence.
They haven’t played for a long time so we will just have to wait and see what players they have ready. I’m sure they will have some players back from injury.

bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, January 7, 2021, 13:20:33 »

Bit of a risk in the keeper department then if the new lad gets recalled.

Sent from my XQ-AD51
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, January 7, 2021, 13:33:09 »

yes. yes it is
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, January 7, 2021, 13:50:35 »

I don’t think they’ve played a game for weeks. On their forum they reckon they only need to be at 50% to whup our ass.

theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, January 7, 2021, 13:51:06 »

Bit of a risk in the keeper department then if the new lad gets recalled.

Sent from my XQ-AD51
Not sure Matthews could be any worst than Fryer to be fair...
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, January 7, 2021, 13:53:49 »

Bernard Matthews would be better than Fryer.

Bootiful!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, January 7, 2021, 14:08:29 »

Quote from: The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey
Bernard Matthews would be better than Fryer.

Bootiful!

we've got enough turkeys thanks
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, January 7, 2021, 14:13:00 »

I don't have Sky Sports.   Anyone know if this means I'll have to investigate a NOW day pass or similar?
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #8 on: Thursday, January 7, 2021, 14:16:30 »

Ipswich fans in pretty much the same boat as Swindon fans when it comes to enjoyment this season, losing some of the love of watching their team as they struggle, fans disenchanted with the manager and tactics and form even though they sit in 7th place.

They haven't had a game since 15th December a home win 2-1 vs the struggling Burton and they only have 2 wins in the last 5 league games and only 3 wins in the last 10 games in all competitions Burton, Plymouth and Shrewsbury and only 1 being a draw with our nearest neighbours.

http://www.tractor-boys.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=67416&sid=7264ad1d7680fe4cc90e1712e4e9fe08
Hopefully Back To Business..........

I must admit I have kind of become detached from all things ITFC related these last few weeks, it seems weeks and week since we last played as this awful situation the world finds itself in continues to mess with every walk of life, Football is no different and at our level Covid 19 has been biting hard with lots of games now being lost as squads up and down the Country are being affected by it, in fact we have been one of the worst hit with no less than Eleven confirmed cases within the playing squad etc, hopefully are all doing well and are on the mend now but the threat is still very much there and it may well not be the last instance of the nature we see at Portman Road.

It may seem like an age since we last took to the field but in fact it will only have been Twenty Five days by the time we step onto the grass to take on Swindon Town, some say it has come at the right time what with our much discussed injury list seemingly rising with each passing game, hopefully some are well on the road to recovery and having them return will boost the squad no end. Quite how the long lay off will affect the team is anyone's guess but let's be honest we are usually pretty damn awful after an International break so this could be ugly, hopefully those who have been fit will have kept themselves in good shape and match fit, losing the last Four games against Peterborough Utd, Northampton Town, AFC Wimbledon & Fleetwood Town could well have been much worse but like us some of the bigger clubs have also seen games called off which means we have only slipped down to Seventh place in the table and incredibly we are still only Five points off the Top Two places with a game in hand.

Our form prior to the enforced break was a bit up and down but we had managed to scrap out two wins in the last Three games, albeit making hard work of seeing off bottom club Burton Albion last time out. Our opponents Swindon Town are on a really poor run of form with just a solitary point taken from their last Five league games, their last outing saw them thrashed 1-4 at home to Franchise so we can assume their confidence will be pretty low although the break may have been a welcome thing for them.

The Robins top scorer is a well known face around these parts, Brett Pitman had a bit of a mixed time at Portman Road but there is little doubt he knows where the goal is and is always one to watch, ungainly he may be but Pitman is certainly not lacking in ability and Town's often shaky defence must be on their guard against this former old boy. Swindon ship an average of Two goals a game and only Burton Albion have conceded more so Town must take the game to them and create a lot more than we have been doing in recent games, the points are there to be won and win them we will as long as we approach it in the right way, despite it being on Sky which rarely does us any favours I think Town can get up and running again with a win and that would be a great way to return to the fold, I doubt it will be easy or straightforward, we never seem to make that happen but I do see the Boys in Blue running out winners, god it's good to HOPEFULLY be back. COYB'S.

Luke Woolfenden, Kayden Jackson are ex Town players they have ex Town targets James Norwood and Ollie Hawkins in the squad.

Confidence of Swindon fans is currently at a real low with few expecting a win, and Ipswich has never been a happy hunting ground for Swindon with just 2 wins there in my lifetime of just over half a century back in 89 and 91. Swindon have lost their last 4 games at Portman Road and lost 5 of the last 6 games played there the other being a draw.

The 4-1 win in 91.

The 2-1 win in 89.

My only memories of games there are Fjortoft scoring his first Swindon goal there in the FA cup and the start of his great run of games and goals for the Town and the 6-1 defeat in the LC in 1985 when we took around 3,000 travelling fans there on a cold Tuesday evening in November, still remains one of the best atmospheres at a Town away game I have experienced even though we had Brentford loanee Richard Key in goal after keeping a clean sheet vs Sheff Weds in the previous round he had a bit of a mare.

Hopefully the new signings make an impact, in the right way, and we can get an unexpected win even though my head says a 3 goal+ defeat.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #9 on: Thursday, January 7, 2021, 14:18:33 »

I don't have Sky Sports.   Anyone know if this means I'll have to investigate a NOW day pass or similar?
I will be watching on Kodi but there will be free links available online as there always are for Sky games, often decent links. Normally hesgoal.com have them.

RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Thursday, January 7, 2021, 14:31:36 »

I will be watching on Kodi but there will be free links available online as there always are for Sky games, often decent links. Normally hesgoal.com have them.
  Many thanks, PV
river monster

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Thursday, January 7, 2021, 14:37:54 »

Wouldnt mind this..       
                           Travers
Odimayo      Conroy Fryers      Thompson

Grant  Lyden
J Smith               M Smith               DJ

Pitman
Peter Venkman

« Reply #12 on: Thursday, January 7, 2021, 14:40:49 »

Wouldnt mind this..       
                           Travers
Odimayo      Conroy       Fryers      Thompson

Grant  Lyden
J Smith               M Smith                  DJ

Pitman
If all are fit I would go with that line up too.

river monster

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Thursday, January 7, 2021, 14:49:45 »

Question mark over Lyden probably but if he's trained this week I'd start him. Otherwise M Smith next to Grant and Payne behind Pitman.
welshred

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Thursday, January 7, 2021, 14:49:56 »

Wouldnt mind this..       
                           Travers
Odimayo      Conroy Fryers      Thompson

Grant  Lyden
J Smith               M Smith               DJ

Pitman

I know he won’t, especially away to Ipswich but I’d play 1 out of Grant and Lyden abs put Tyler up front with Pitman.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 34   Go Up
Print
Jump to: