Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 [32] 33 34   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Ipswich v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 38423 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #465 on: Sunday, January 10, 2021, 20:42:12 »

I think Andrew Hawes does a pretty good job on our comms, but for those who don't, here's a reference point for you next time you want a grumble.

https://twitter.com/jiff1967/status/1348309759787732992?s=20
Spirit of Partridge in full flow there, must be an East Anglia thing
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #466 on: Sunday, January 10, 2021, 20:48:04 »

I think Andrew Hawes does a pretty good job on our comms, but for those who don't, here's a reference point for you next time you want a grumble.

https://twitter.com/jiff1967/status/1348309759787732992?s=20

That is truely awful.  I honestly think I could do better, and I'd be rubbish.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #467 on: Monday, January 11, 2021, 01:17:49 »

Had my continuing catch up with AH after the match... and he had some interesting things to say. I like him. He can take critical questioning and I still think he is developing on his interview style.

For both comms and post-match pressers us fans are quite lucky to have him via local radio. Very nice bloke too.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #468 on: Monday, January 11, 2021, 10:03:11 »

Surprised with the performance we put in to be honest, the best we've played in a while. New additions looked good and Palmer, Twine & Lyden made a big difference. Fryers still struggles with balls over the top and looks too shaky for me when under pressure but otherwise a lot of positives to take from that and hopefully it kicks us on a bit.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #469 on: Monday, January 11, 2021, 10:19:54 »

Surprised with the performance we put in to be honest, the best we've played in a while. New additions looked good and Palmer, Twine & Lyden made a big difference. Fryers still struggles with balls over the top and looks too shaky for me when under pressure but otherwise a lot of positives to take from that and hopefully it kicks us on a bit.

We're not out of touch, but as Rob Hartley was saying on Saturday, we realistically need about another 10 wins to be safe, and suddenly that looks a bit trickier.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #470 on: Monday, January 11, 2021, 10:20:57 »

Have the Ipswich fans said we are the worst team they have played all season yet?
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #471 on: Monday, January 11, 2021, 10:31:50 »

Have the Ipswich fans said we are the worst team they have played all season yet?

I'm in a WhatsApp group with a bunch of Ipswich fans and they were actually very complimentary of how we played. It was overall more on the "we lost it, you didn't win it" vibe at the end but I feel like anyone who loses to the worst team in the division would feel that way.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #472 on: Monday, January 11, 2021, 10:34:34 »

I'm in a WhatsApp group with a bunch of Ipswich fans and they were actually very complimentary of how we played. It was overall more on the "we lost it, you didn't win it" vibe at the end but I feel like anyone who loses to the worst team in the division would feel that way.

Surely not a ‘snatched a defeat from the jaws of victory’ vibe? After all they were behind for at least 75 minutes of the total 90.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #473 on: Monday, January 11, 2021, 10:37:00 »

They hadn't yesterday when I last looked but many saying Lambert needs sacking ASAP and credit to our quality goals.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #474 on: Monday, January 11, 2021, 10:39:11 »

I've not seen any, not exactly been through their entirety of their posts though.

They seem more concerned about playing crap, only having 1 up front against our porous defence and how they have lost to 2 teams in the bottom 4.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #475 on: Monday, January 11, 2021, 10:39:54 »

We're not out of touch, but as Rob Hartley was saying on Saturday, we realistically need about another 10 wins to be safe, and suddenly that looks a bit trickier.

7 wins, 6 draws would allow us another 12 defeats and still get us to 50 points
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #476 on: Monday, January 11, 2021, 10:42:15 »

7 wins, 6 draws would allow us another 12 defeats and still get us to 50 points

...and 50 points would probably see us relegated.
Panda Paws

« Reply #477 on: Monday, January 11, 2021, 10:55:46 »

...and 50 points would probably see us relegated.

I reckon it'll be enough this year - lower than normal given the shite in this league.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #478 on: Monday, January 11, 2021, 11:35:20 »

Excuse me. That’s the second worst team in division. Put some damn respect on our name 😤

Things get better but they never get good
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #479 on: Monday, January 11, 2021, 12:06:20 »

Ipswich views.

Same old, same old but now against so-called lesser teams. I think the only player to get any credit out of that game would be Norwood who actually showed some desire to run at the Swindon defence.

The first goal for swindon tells you slot about the club at the moment
Poor marking poor leadership on the pitch not spotting the space poor tactics and team selection

It also tells me one team was intent on using their possession to hurt the opposition whereas the other simply wanted to use time up with theirs regardless of being behind or level in a game they should have been winning.

Good to see we haven’t been affected by the break - we’re still predictably sh*t. Any team who face us must have the easiest tactics - it’s simple, just let us have the ball because we’re soooo f**king slow and predictable.

Feck me what a goal.

To much time and space we are embarrassing

Thought we were going to go on and win. sh*t

I can’t believe it was his first goal scored since November 2018. Just our luck he waited till today.

For Swindon.
Been scoring for fun for Newport on loan apparently. Hence getting called back

you don't see that sort of strike every day of the week.

Embarrasing.

we are making Swindon look like Brazil.

I can’t believe how poor we are in defence, this is embarrassing and we’ve made it so easy for them.

This is not good enough particularly given the nature of today's opposition. You often why you bother but nothing new.

What a sad fall from grace for a great club.

Absolutely shocking result after such a long lay-off, and at Portman Road (if that matters)
Absolutely feckin shocking.

How much longer are we going to put up with this sh*t. Utter sh*t. Marcus evans needs to sort this decline that has been happening since he took charge. Awards lambert a 5 year contract. f**king 5 years!!! For doing what?? I wish my customers employed me for doing less than f*ck all. Lambert has no f**king clue, sticks with a stupid formation and playing style in league fuckin 1 instead of doing the basics right. We are not man city or barcelona. 1 up front at home against swindon who shop goals for fun. WHAT A d*ck. ive had it. f*ck off marcus evans and f*ck off lambert

Agreed also. Why the f*ck are we thinking we can pass ourselves a goal in League One. Christ- the level in League One is sh*t, but other teams must love us..... we’re so easy to work out. We seem to think we’re a PL side when we’re not.

Not being arrogant,but our players here are far better than most and we’re getting so little from them.

2 class goals from Swindon. At 1-1 Ipswich had the game in there grasp but defence giving too much time for the Swindon player to crack in the second.

Yesterday we had 63% of the possession, yet Swindon looked far more threatening and deserved to win. It’s bloody frustrating and pointless tactics. And yet we do the same thing every game.

Years back and on a final note I can still vividly recall watching a home game with Swindon and winning 6 - 2. This occurred early in the year most likely January and Mike Walker had just taken charge coming from Norwich. Something you remember, I was kind of hoping for a win yesterday although not by the same margin. Its not really embarrassment you just accept we're a soft touch too often and a team in sometimes disarray that is all too easy to pick off or despatch. It was good to be back in action though, despite the loss and further criticisms a game is better than no game. Hope for more from the Burton fixture next up, you got to try and remain upbeat about a situation.

We do see eye to eye but I am convinced he is doomed to fail now and while he was royally shafted by injuries it is unthinkable to go one up front against the likes of Burton and Swindon at home and get beaten or struggle to scrap a win, his tactical nous is embarrassing and the inability to mix it up when things are not working is non existent, there is very rarely an instance when you win the fans back after having lost them

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 [32] 33 34   Go Up
Print
Jump to: